LegacyGT.com

Wheel Bearing Talk

I'm cheap so I went with GMB. No noise on my side. I think there's a lot of people who buy the cheap stuff and never have any problems. The few that do are very vocal about it. It's a calculated gamble imo, just be willing to do it twice worst case scenario. Not too bad on these cars to replace.

NTN bearings are mostly what we use at the shop. Most important part is torquing the axle nut correctly. Using an impact wrench will make them growl really fast. They are pricey but it's oem and what comes on the cars from factory. I've used moog in the past on personal vehicles and didnt even go 10k miles before making noise again.

Subieguys.com

Moogs work in the rear but not the fronts. My wagon's had moog in the rears for many miles now.

Timken, NTN, OEM work fine in the front.

see post #162

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238p5.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

NTN bearings are mostly what we use at the shop. Most important part is torquing the axle nut correctly. Using an impact wrench will make them growl really fast. They are pricey but it's oem and what comes on the cars from factory. I've used moog in the past on personal vehicles and didnt even go 10k miles before making noise again.

Subieguys.com

Traverse City! Nice area of Northern Michigan, I'm in Grand Rapids so I make it up that way a couple times a year. Thanks for the input!

Anyone use Dorman bearings?

Rockauto says they have a lifetime warranty so i might go with them next since my front Timken seems to have some play in it and is out of warranty. (Could be the ball joint though, still need to look into it more)

Also on a side note, Surtrack axles are trash but at least getting warranty replacements isnt too hard. 3rd one is starting to click after maybe 9 months

Dorman will be a Chinese bearing. They purchase the absolute cheapest things they can buy. I used to rep them and some of the things I saw coming through were pretty scary. Go with Timken, NTN, OE, or Bower/BCA. Can't go wrong with any of those.

I've been using Timken fronts on mine.

One just died this week, with less than 45K on it. Other front bearing still felt okay when I pulled it for inspection, but I replaced it anyway while I was in there. We'll see how long this set lasts.

The rears are OEM with 104K and seem fine for now.

I replaced the rears with oem over 50k ago and they seem to be holding up well.

I’ve had the car for about 70k, never replaced the fronts, I’m assuming they are oem. I think they may need replacement here soon but I’ll stick with oem again.

I replaced the rears with oem over 50k ago and they seem to be holding up well.

I’ve had the car for about 70k, never replaced the fronts, I’m assuming they are oem. I think they may need replacement here soon but I’ll stick with oem again.

I wonder who the supplier was/is for OE bearings.

Anyone using SKF or Centric?

SKF in general makes good quality bearings. Most people would probably put them in the same league as NSK as far as OEM quality goes.

Can't say anything specifically about their hub assemblies for our cars though, as I've never used them.

Any one have an skf part number? I emailed them and they said they don't make them for the lgt.

Oem comes with a 12 month no questions asked warranty for failure. Drive on Street for 11 months an 15 days, then do track day to cause failure. Free replacement.

If you have the dealer replace them on Friday and complain about failure the following Monday, expect to get some push back on the warranty. Ymmv

Archived