LegacyGT.com

How do we set up a group buy? Digital boost gauge

yamie700

When I originally emailed Neil a couple weeks ago he thought he could do around $60 a gauge if we got about 5 people to buy. I'm sure he will post the final amount in this thread though. The more people that join in the better.

At $60 a gauge it seems like a bargain compared to the other gauges in this price range. Look at the autometers that are around $50, they don't have nearly the features that these do. I'm sure once word gets around about how good these gauges are the prices will go up, I say get in on the good prices while you can.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Neil -

Thanks for logging-on :) - as well as the great product-explaination.

One two further questions:

(1) The alarms, they're all of the audible type, correct?

(2) I'm in the market for an EGT as well as oil-pressure - the former, as I understand, you will introduce in Jan., 06 - not a problem. Just wanted to double-check, though, that this unit (EGT) will also incorporate an audible alarm function?

Thanks!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*

OK guys- here's the deal I've gotten worked out: for the V1-red gauges...

5+ pcs ==> Vac-boost, $60 ea.

5+ pcs ==> Oil-Pressure + sender = $63 ea.

5+ pcs ==> Water-Temp or Oil-Temp + sender = $60 ea.

3+ pcs ==> Fuel-Pressure + sender = $126 ea. ($121 ea. f/7+ pcs.

We'll work out the shipping details as soon as we have a count on how many we're going to do in the group buy.

Please post if you're interested:

1. Jedimaster (boost gauge)

We'll work out the shipping details as soon as we have a count on how many we're going to do in the group buy.

2. Coxx (Boost gauge & installation stuff)

I'm in for sure. $60 give or take a few pennys aint bad at all. I love the look.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I so want the boost gauge with the necessary install goodies.. but would I need a pod to put it in (totally new to this stuff)? Also I would rather it in a black color because I don't really want it to stand out. I figure it can't be too hard, I've built and fixed many a computer, just never installed something like this. Plus my car costs a lot more than my computer.

Hi Neil -

Thanks for logging-on :) - as well as the great product-explaination.

One two further questions:

(1) The alarms, they're all of the audible type, correct?

(2) I'm in the market for an EGT as well as oil-pressure - the former, as I understand, you will introduce in Jan., 06 - not a problem. Just wanted to double-check, though, that this unit (EGT) will also incorporate an audible alarm function?

Thanks!

(1) On gauges with alarms, they're both audible and visible (flash). Alarms have a 45sec-1min startup delay to prevent triggering before the measured parameter comes up to true operational value.

(2) We're planning to have functional prototypes in Jan, so late Jan to early Feb is realistic. Yes, it would make sense to have an alarm for EGT.

Cheers,

-Neil.

I would rather it in a black color because I don't really want it to stand out.

I'd like it in black too. but that brushed aluminum or whatever it is will match pretty well with the dash trim

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Hi again,

Also, for a more independent review, I'd be willing to let one of you buy a gauge temporarily for evaluation, and later credit the difference on the group-buy price or take the gauge back if you wish.

Cheers,

-Neil.

somebody gonna take him up on this offer?

Thanks, Neil, for your reply!

I'll be back to purchase - at full price if need be - for oil-pressure and EGT once the latter is released! :)

I just want to make *sure* that I've got a matching set, that's all. :)

Thanks again, Neil! And thanks for putting an alarm on the EGT, too!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

what's the deal here? Someone get this thing moving.

Guest *Jedimaster*
what's the deal here? Someone get this thing moving.

I did, but people aren't following instructions. See my post and put your name on the lsit- once we get 5 for the boost gauge, we can move- give it a day or two to see if anyone else wants in on the buy, then we send money. Best case scenario: We have our gauges in a week or so.

I know Jedi, I didnt mean you. Seems like you're the only one working on getting this done. I was referring to the thread starter who is now MIA. I'm just a very impaitient person is all. I think we do have 5 people though, just not on an official list. I won't start being a pain in the ass about it till it's been a week or so.

What the he#$, why did that post twice. Anyway, Jedi is arranging the GB now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedimaster

2. Coxx (Boost gauge & installation stuff)

3. Yamie700 (boost gauge, oil pressure guage/sender, & installation stuff for both)

Ah gotcha -- may the force be with you. Seriously though -- I'm actually not aware of a white numeric LED in existence yet.

Cheers,

-Neil.

Your website says red or ice blue as colors for the gauges. Is that right? or do they only come in red?

Archived