LegacyGT.com

How do we set up a group buy? Digital boost gauge

yamie700

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*

Thanks to Vei for working with us on this. I see that the gauges have been shipped- you didn't disappoint! Be sure to keep the LGT.com community in your thoughts as you develop new products- we love to deal repeatedly with good vendors. Enjoy your turkey day1

And I'll be sure to post up pix once I get mine :cool:

yep, thanks VEI & thanks yamie for bringing it to our attention. this went pretty smoothly so far & that's a nice looking piece. Hopefully delivery & installation goes just as smooth
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guys... I can't say for sure until I see an actual picture of the oil pressure sensor with these particular gauges, but In all likelyhood (me rickey hood) you'll not need any sender install kit. The subaru part # 11024AA210 (oil gallery plug adapter) is the same npt 1/8 thread size as the sender (it was for the defi sensors)... anyway here's how it goes 1) remove plug (removing the IC to get acsess is needed) the plug is an alan head) 2) install adapter plug (subaru part) 3) using a crows foot wrench tighten on the sensor into the adapter plug! 4) run the line to the gauge 5) go real fast!Sender lines are for homo...s... apiens that don't have the space to fit the sensor into the spot right next to the block! There is enough space! I promise... But somebody friggin send me a pic of the sensor... please! I'm trying to help, but I can't confirm anything until I know that these ones are similar to defi ones! Thanks...Happy turkey day!

I am just curious how we set up a group buy. I was looking at boost gauges on ebay and I found some from VEI Systems, they look like good quality gauges. I was emailing the vendor and brought up the group buy idea. It seems they are new to the market and they are offering lower prices now to get their name out.

I just don't know if there are any rules involved as far as them selling through the forum.

Here is what the boost gauge looks like.

http://www.veisystems.com/ebay/VBM-operation.jpg

Here is their website.

http://www.veisystems.com/instruments.html

How do we get a group buy going?

Doh! Too bad I missed out on this.. What's the going rate on these now? What about the install kits? How much to buy those pieces?

HV

Guest *Jedimaster*

Can't wait to get mine.

For those asking about the pods, keep your shirts on for another week or so and look for a post form apexjapan. You should be very happy!

Did you try and install yours yet rubbercow? Anyone else get theirs and install?

My tracking number says my gauges were delivered today, can't wait to get home.

For those installing in the center cubby do you know which wires to use? I plan to use that little light that comes on when your headlights are on but I have never taken it apart so I don't know which wires are positive and ground.

Just want to give a http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif to yamiee700 for the find, to yamiee700 and jedimaster for setting up the GB, and to vei for a nice looking product and great communication with their customers, plus to everybody for getting thier info and money sent in quick. This had to be one of the quickest GBs ever. The first post was on 11/08 and I had the item in my hands exactly 3 weeks later.

I've got an AVO pod on the way and it should get here in a few days.

+1 on the specifics on the wiring.

You're welcome.

If any of you would like me to help figure out the lights dimmer, we could arrange a time where I could be with you on the phone near the end of your installation. I'll have you connect a few things and test some voltages, etc, and I should be able to find a solution. Good times for me are 7 hrs on Friday from ~9am to ~4pm EST (since I will be driving to Augusta GA), and then 17 hrs on Saturday since I will be driving back to Texas. You can help me stay awake :-)

If you're interested, email me in advance.

Cheers,

-Neil.

Well I received my gauges, they are VERY nice, definitely high quality. Now I just need to install them.

I saw jedi's "Got Boost" thread and plan to follow that method for installation. My question though is what wire to tap for positive? I will try and use the cubby light wires for ground and illumination (black/yellow, and purple according to jedi's post). The purple wire only has power when the headlights are on correct? Jedi, does your autometer gauge light up all the time or just when your headlights are on?

Which wire from the trip/clock harness is positive when the ignition is on? I know I need to buy a meter so I can just check but does anyone know offhand what color to use?

If any of you would like me to help figure out the lights dimmer,

I had an idea but haven't followed up on iut yet - plan to install this weekend. The light in the cuby is switched, and I would guess, it's on/off not at different voltages. The day/night line doesn't draw (from what I understand) just see's whether there's a current or not. Seems if you tap it to that line, it should either be on when hl go on and off when they are not...

That is what I am hoping too, just tap the cubby light for the illum light on the gauge(green wire).

Hopefully Neil from VEI can answer how the dimming works. Does the green wire just sense voltage(on or off) and then dim; or does it sense a drop in voltage and thats when it dims?

real nice lookin. seals the deal on me gettin that pod now. it looks exactly right like that
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Got mine a day or so ago-I just have to say what a nice looking gauge it is-really well made too-and I love how it's not on when the car isn't-I mean the face is dark like the gauge cluster. :cool:

Archived