LegacyGT.com

Wiring for post facelift HID lamps

Those headlights look awesome! The end result looks worth it to me on my end, hopefully you feel the same. :p

The JDM beam is pretty unfortunate, but maybe you can still flip the tiny shield somehow or even make your own.

Those headlights look awesome! The end result looks worth it to me on my end, hopefully you feel the same. :p

The JDM beam is pretty unfortunate, but maybe you can still flip the tiny shield somehow or even make your own.

yeah, someday i'll get around to modify it. too many other things to do.

cross fire from russia.

Same source then. How will you get them to fit though? Looks like bulb type is w21w, whereas that socket on the jdm housing is w5w. Unless of course you plan to replace your current turn signal bulb with the crossfire and leave the w5w socket empty or something.

Same source then. How will you get them to fit though? Looks like bulb type is w21w, whereas that socket on the jdm housing is w5w. Unless of course you plan to replace your current turn signal bulb with the crossfire and leave the w5w socket empty or something.

going to setup them up just like pyro did.

image_123986672.JPG.8d4933a100a61c13014f3661e7df619b.JPG

going to setup them up just like pyro did.

ah I got it. You are going to use these crossfire 'mini', which fit the w5w socket. I should have gotten those. I think I will purchase them and move the current LEDs I have for the rear licence plate. I think it uses the same socket type. Can't remember.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
Both JDM shields have the shape of --\_ while USDM shields have the shape _/--.

Therefore you must flip the JDM shields 180° and remove a metal tab for the USDM light pattern.

So I opened up a pair of what where supposed to be EDM washer headlights, and one of them was the correct USDM orientation. While the other was not. So I am not sure if I was sent one JDM and one EDM washer headlight.

But I am now in search of 1 drivers side EDM washer headlight. I may try and bend flip the shield just to see if I can make it work.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Hate to bring up old posts but I make harness for pre and post headlights that do not require any splicing to the car side harness.

I have bought a set from you great product. Recommended to two local guys to recently bought a set as well.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

• 11 months later...

Gonna bump this thread :spin: :spin:

Believe it or not, I have been using the original HID bulbs that came with my nose cut. Been using them for 3+ years now (time flies). They still work but I understand HID bulbs loose their output over time. I know nothing about these D2S bulbs. Which brand would you advise? And what are the brightest ones we can use with these OEM ballasts?

Gonna bump this thread :spin: :spin:

Believe it or not, I have been using the original HID bulbs that came with my nose cut. Been using them for 3+ years now (time flies). They still work but I understand HID bulbs loose their output over time. I know nothing about these D2S bulbs. Which brand would you advise? And what are the brightest ones we can use with these OEM ballasts?

Genuine Philips or Osram will be best overall but lack the bluish most like with HID. I've used the Morimoto bulbs that are 5500k and they work well but the oem bulbs are still better.

Thanks for that. I just saw diode dynamics sell some oem replacements as well. I have some of their products and these are quite high quality. I may consider these too.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/replacement-d2s-hid-bulbs-pair.html

Also, I just read this article. Some interesting info there.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/info/research/hid/hid-brightness.html

rhino, what do you exactly use for the JDM high beam? I am currently using the ones that came with the nose cut and these are not very bright at all.
I'd get some Osram 9011 bulbs. It's easy to trim to fit 9005. The 9011 HIR bulbs are crazy in comparison to 9005.

I'd get some Osram 9011 bulbs. It's easy to trim to fit 9005. The 9011 HIR bulbs are crazy in comparison to 9005.

IIRC Tribeca runs 9011 in high beams from the factory. High was always crazy bright on it.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• 11 months later...
59 minutes ago, xt2005bonbon said:

A year later and still have not changed the bulbs :hide:

I went and checked and my high beams JDM post face lift are actually H9..

Got a set in the mail right now. (Osram 9011 IR bulbs....)

I don't use my hight beams a whole lot with the well lit highways around me, but I can take some before/after photos at least, and comment on how they last, tho that may take a while.....

So the 9011 IR bulbs are interchangeable with the H9? Mine are quite pathetic. But they came with the nose cut, which have been on the car for at least 3 years now. Here, I drive a lot in pitch dark conditions and want to avoid wildlife, etc..

Reasearch suggests not. Dang. Didn't read back far enough.

Different socket, different bulb style... Reading suggests stock H9's are pretty bright when fresh tho. To the point where you can get an h7base/h9 burner for improved output.

Might be just fine with fresh bulbs? I've never seen h9's locally, but it's probably a matter of time.