LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

must of been. The wifes car just turned 10k miles, its the 2nd oil change on it.

Ah!!!! Not a typo, just confusing. Your post means you change your oil with 10k miles on your car. It reads as if you changed your oil with 10k miles on the OIL.

5k OCI is short - might as well use a cheaper oil.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Well finally took the plunge to upholster my Pilliars, Headliner and Sunroof Slider the pieces are in the shop now but will post removal pics.. Let me tell you it was a Biatch.. Took 4.5 hours to get everything out..

"A" Pliars and "C" Pilliars less than 15 minutes.. "B" Pilliars you have to unbolt the seatbelt so took longer. Dropping the Headliner wasnt too hard but all the wiring was laid on top of it and had Spider Web of Glue holding it down so had to cut the glue.. Before totally removing the headliner to get the room We had to remove the Driver's seat and Rear Seat bottom to get clearance to pull it out the Drivers passenger rear door.. Disconnected the battery because because we had to disconnect the seat controls and airbag.. Since the Headliner is out decided to Dyno Mat the Roof as Well.. If anyone want further details drop me a DM.. I'll be glad to assist..9cb143fab63648fd481e86e5ea198599.jpg320885c3678b77a908588bc66ebc8d48.jpg3911dbe025d960882449d7af8d9d770a.jpgfb622ffb6779af34c8dd2913033bc886.jpg8c998ffd0db97265f1586d7b66f71758.jpgdc095995ca9f1fd53036cdb224b91272.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IMG_4866.thumb.jpg.3099e8239798d3108db10afdff949cea.jpgJust finished blacking out that orange marker,I used Avery gloss vinyl for now but I will be re-opening the headlights in the near future for the last time so I can paint the inside satin black also still thinking what to put inside the headlights..

IMG_4867.thumb.jpg.96197d36cda0e5f7f7bb123b1d3833c3.jpg

Edited by PATS4LIFE

[ATTACH]269695[/ATTACH]Just finished blacking out what orange marker,I used Avery gloss vinyl for now but I will be re-opening the headlights in the near future for the last time so I can paint the inside satin black also still thing what to put inside the headlights..

Do be you have a write up for opening and resealing the headlights?

Do be you have a write up for opening and resealing the headlights?

It’s not really hard to open the headlights..

If you have a large enough oven that these headlights can fit in,it would only take 30min to open both,but since my oven is not big enough I had to use heat gun to soften the glue which took me half hour each headlights.

As for sealing it up I used a 3m windo-weld silicone,the same ones used on windshields.

There’s a bunch of videos on YouTube on how to bake open headlights

Honestly I’m not a fan of heat gun taking headlights out, it kinda ruined my first headlights and destroyed all the tabs, so had to buy new headlights and sent it off to lightwerkz who has huge ovens and the headlights look like they came out of the factory, can’t tell they were taken apart.

I’ll post some pictures tonight on how nicely they came out and how professional their cable routing was.

Honestly I’m not a fan of heat gun taking headlights out, it kinda ruined my first headlights and destroyed all the tabs, so had to buy new headlights and sent it off to lightwerkz who has huge ovens and the headlights look like they came out of the factory, can’t tell they were taken apart.

I’ll post some pictures tonight on how nicely they came out and how professional their cable routing was.

Lucky me I have opened my headlights twice already using heat gun and still no melted part of the headlight;)

At that price I'd want to buy new headlights (almost at the point where I need them anyway) and try to open those and do it myself

Ya if you can do it yourself then go for it.its really not that hard,if you a oven that you can fit those in it much much faster and easier.

Ya if you can do it yourself then go for it.its really not that hard,if you a oven that you can fit those in it much much faster and easier.

Not sure if my kitchen oven is big enough. based on the picture of him holding the assembly, I'd say probably not. These lights are huge!

I'll make the intro short and sweet. Love Subaru Vehicles and worked for Subaru for 11 years (no I wasn't a tech). I've owned a 00 Legacy GT, 08 Wrx , 11 Legacy 2.5i and recently my 11 just kicked the bucket at 250k!!!! On to the next commuter car it's a 15 legacy 2.5i limited w/ 91k. Hoping to put 300k on her. Here is just a couple things i did to make it mine, little more will come in due time. Mainly my daily so as long as she runs im happy!!

Blacked out grille

Yellow LED Fogs

LED DRL lights w/anti flicker

Full interior LED swap

Debadged rear

Spoiler King roof and rear spoiler

upcoming chrome delete, vent visors and maybe a front lip...

Cheers Suby lovers!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/straightsoco/Legacy%206th%20Gen/IMG_20181023_091553888_HDR.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/straightsoco/Legacy%206th%20Gen/IMG_20181023_091612626_HDR.jpg

Go gloss. I bought matte and gloss and did matte to match my roof then decided I preferred gloss. I kept the gloss roll to do the chrome delete on my next car but it didn’t come with any chrome I wanted to delete. I’ll post it in classified Edited by chowser51

I'll make the intro short and sweet. Love Subaru Vehicles and worked for Subaru for 11 years (no I wasn't a tech). I've owned a 00 Legacy GT, 08 Wrx , 11 Legacy 2.5i and recently my 11 just kicked the bucket at 250k!!!! On to the next commuter car it's a 15 legacy 2.5i limited w/ 91k. Hoping to put 300k on her. Here is just a couple things i did to make it mine, little more will come in due time. Mainly my daily so as long as she runs im happy!!

Blacked out grille

Yellow LED Fogs

LED DRL lights w/anti flicker

Full interior LED swap

Debadged rear

Spoiler King roof and rear spoiler

upcoming chrome delete, vent visors and maybe a front lip...

Cheers Suby lovers!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/straightsoco/Legacy%206th%20Gen/IMG_20181023_091553888_HDR.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s185/straightsoco/Legacy%206th%20Gen/IMG_20181023_091612626_HDR.jpg

Damn she looks nice man, love that color my 2010 was that same color