LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Naw, I prefer the amber as the normal turn signal.

I will switch the rear fog to the driver’s side after someone let me know that’s how it should be properly set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my oil analysis results from Blackstone :) Everything looks good and Its been consistent for the 15k miles I've had the car. I'll be doing ~9000 mile oil changes which typically puts me at once a year.

Oil.thumb.jpg.f8511fe643623c01063268afcd93a3b0.jpg

Looks good, but I haven't ever seen yellow films as practically beneficial.

Other than protection from rocks and a style change, I don't see much benefit either. It would be nice if they had a yellow or amber LED option with these fogs though.

I did an easy upgrade to the Morimoto type T LED fog lights with the yellow Lamin-x film. Just ignore the busted grill that still needs to be changed once I settle on something.

I've got a stock OEM grill available if you're interested from when I swapped over to the JDM one. PM me if you're interested, I have it listed in the For Sale section.

get it fixed asap. Mine did this in about two hours but it was a hard hit. Sounded like a .22 rifle. Dang it. I have zero deductible and use Safelite but not sure how many times I can go to the well so to speak.

Dang that sucks,mine is tiny chip with small line,I’m hoping it does not get worse cuz my deductible is $500

Dang that sucks,mine is tiny chip with small line,I’m hoping it does not get worse cuz my deductible is $500

My deductible is $500 as well. I replaced my windshield (with EyeSight) without going through insurance since it was less than my deductible; around $350.

0 deductible here, switched to State Farm last month.

These things are stupid expensive and my windshield already has a dot in the middle, no crack but I feel the windshields with eyesight are super weak and they easily get cracks.

I wonder if they installed the double pane, sound reducing, glass that was in the 2018 for you.

Subaru has advertised "acoustic glass" windshields in the Legacy/Outback since MY 2015. All new windshields in the U.S. have been 3-layer "shatterproof" laminates since at least the 1950s.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

... will Safelite install higher quality glass than the one from factory?

Define "higher quality." Explain in detail why and how you consider the OE windshields to be deficient. (Note: Anecdotes don't count.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Define "higher quality." Explain in detail why and how you consider the OE windshields to be deficient. (Note: Anecdotes don't count.)

Looking at all the threads made on these boards and the Outback board with people that have eyesight the Subaru windshield has been far from durable, it cracks easily and chips easy too.