LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Keep in mind that fluid change in diffs is a normal part of Subaru 24 month service, so yours would have been changed at the dealer.

The US recommendation is only inspection of the fluid and every 30 months or 30,000 miles. Mine hasn't been changed or inspected at this point (35,000 miles). Personally, I'll probably check mine out around 50,000 miles and if it looks good let it go closer to 100,000 miles.

First time changed, not as dirty as I expected and not that much on the plug. YMMV!

Good to know, Thanks!

Installed the drivers side OEM WRX muffler. Had to trim some plastic with a fresh razor blade but other than that, it bolted up fine. I did have to heat up the hangers on the muffler with a torch and tweak them to get it to fit center, albeit a hair crooked. I'm fine with that though. Has a nice little rumble to it now. I have the passenger side muffler too, so now to keep an eye out for a WRX mid pipe. I have a welder so modifying that will be easy.

EA26E4B8-354F-4D5F-8C2A-C28DDC610391.thumb.jpg.76f0490490a6da1251bdbf8ef3cb38af.jpg

3664B1BC-1A5C-4318-9146-E163943ED385.thumb.jpg.be1e6c5275af32355db06a5df14179c6.jpg

AA69F182-90E8-4C11-858E-628CDC95CB10.thumb.jpg.df73bad92474a35c057c9dc1b030e753.jpg

Installed the drivers side OEM WRX muffler. Had to trim some plastic with a fresh razor blade but other than that, it bolted up fine. I did have to heat up the hangers on the muffler with a torch and tweak them to get it to fit center, albeit a hair crooked. I'm fine with that though. Has a nice little rumble to it now. I have the passenger side muffler too, so now to keep an eye out for a WRX mid pipe. I have a welder so modifying that will be easy.

I wouldn’t recommend wrx midpipe it’s very annoyingly loud since it doesn’t have a reso on it.

You can use STi midpipe it has a reso on it,or use your stock midpipe and have y pipe from either STi or wrx welded to it.

I used my stock midpipe and just added the y pipe from wrx.

The US recommendation is only inspection of the fluid and every 30 months or 30,000 miles. Mine hasn't been changed or inspected at this point (35,000 miles). Personally, I'll probably check mine out around 50,000 miles and if it looks good let it go closer to 100,000 miles.

I don't get the variences in maintenance between USA and here. I know local climatic conditions could theoretically be one of the reasons for the differences ... but like you guys, we are a big country with different climatic conditions in the various states. We have the colder states, and snow, and the moderate regions and also the tropical states just like you guys .... so how does that make the service procedures dramatically different? I just had my 24 month service and according to the service manual the diff fluids were "R" (replacement) and not 'I" (inspection).

So Subaru Australia tell me I must get my diff fluids changed at 24 months (or 31,000 miles) but you can apparently safely leave it for 100,000 miles?

I just don't get it :spin:

I wouldn’t recommend wrx midpipe it’s very annoyingly loud since it doesn’t have a reso on it.

You can use STi midpipe it has a reso on it,or use your stock midpipe and have y pipe from either STi or wrx welded to it.

I used my stock midpipe and just added the y pipe from wrx.

That was the plan! Either find an STI y pipe and extend it or find a WRX mid pipe and weld the end onto my stock y pipe. No way I’m running without a resonator.

I don't get the variences in maintenance between USA and here. ...

So Subaru Australia tell me I must get my diff fluids changed at 24 months (or 31,000 miles) but you can apparently safely leave it for 100,000 miles?

This may or may not be one reason. Our Australian spec gen6 Liberty 3.6R is rated to tow 1,800kg. I don’t think the tow rating for the USDM Legacy 3.6R is anywhere near this.

I would much prefer to change the diff oils at 50,000km than just do an inspection. IMO, diff oils should have a first change at around 1,500km to get rid of any initial bedding in metal, then fill with synthetic oil.

BTW – M, I haven’t forgotten the CVT info.

Just ordered me a chrome delete roll from Fellers:)

Can't wait to see the results!

I'm not into visual mods like most of you guys seem to be, but this is one part of the car that bugs me enough to do something about...eventually...maybe

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Just ordered me a chrome delete roll from Fellers:)

Which kind? Gloss, matte, satin?

I ordered a gloss roll and a matte roll. Never got around to using it before trading in the Legacy. My new car didn’t need it so they’re sitting in the garage until I find something to do with them.

Drove up and over Trail Ridge Road (11,500+ft). took some great photos. Saw lots of Elk and spent a few days in Grand lake. 3.6 does great up inclines even with little O2. Modern technology. I look forward to a longer road trip soon...

Which kind? Gloss, matte, satin?

I ordered a gloss roll and a matte roll. Never got around to using it before trading in the Legacy. My new car didn’t need it so they’re sitting in the garage until I find something to do with them.

I got the gloss black,I’m done with the door chrome trim,I removed the window visor,I will be painting it gloss black,and still need to chrome trim on the jdm grill.

oops sorry, Mobil1 0W-20 extended performance.

Ever contemplate sending off a sample for analysis? I'd bet it could go longer.

10k seems pretty prudent, otherwise. :)

'15 FB25

Ever contemplate sending off a sample for analysis? I'd bet it could go longer.

10k seems pretty prudent, otherwise. :)

No I never have. Im still old school and changing out at 5k intervals. We do mostly short daily commutes and trips. Not comfortable with 7.5 or 10K changes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

No I never have. Im still old school and changing out at 5k intervals. We do mostly short daily commutes and trips. Not comfortable with 7.5 or 10K changes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Huh??? Was this a typo then?

10K oil & filter change .

'15 FB25