LegacyGT.com

What annoys you about your new Subaru? V2

I’d love to do some real mods, but I bought the Gold Plus extended warranty and I’d like to see 100,000 miles or 6 years of $0 repairs on this car lol. My 2012• 3.6R’s extended warranty paid for itself within 2 years.

What's the extended warranty run anyways?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the extended warranty run anyways?

I believe I paid $1,600 for the gold plus $0 deductible.

On my 2012, it paid for

1. Short block replacement due to spun bearing

2. All 4 window motors failed

3. Lower Control alarm

4. Oil Pan Replacement after it started leaking

5. Re-learn of the transmission

6. A/C Blower motor failed

Pretty sure it was a lemon, but after they fixed everything it ran great.

Wow, that might be one of the only 3.6 failures I've heard of. What mileage were you at?

Oh, and did you get the Extended Warranty at time of purchase or did you get it later before the 3/36 was up?

It failed at 65k and I purchased the warranty at the time I bought the car. It always consumed oil and the dealer replaced an oil level sensor a few times prior and just said it's fine.

I always engaged in spirited driving, but never raced it or anything outside of gassing on it when merging and stuff. I also followed a dealer recommended 3,500 mile oil change interval and did all the major servicing so they said it's very bizarre that the motor failed.

It was at about 90k miles when I traded it in for my 2018 3.6R and I hope it gets the next owner through many more miles of driving.

• 2 months later...
Anyone else have issues with the CD player reading discs after switching to CD mode? I always have a disc loaded and when I switch audio source over to CD it hardly ever works. I gave up trying so I don't remember the exact message but it never gets past reading the disc to play it. Annoys the crap out of me that a 2018 can't play a disc correctly when my cheap old aftermarket head unit in a 1980 works like a charm every time. Once in a great while it works when I switch to CD, but usually I have to unload the disc, put back in and then it'll play. Doesn't always work even if it goes straight to CD media mode on startup.

1. Its boring to drive. Just fast enough to do what you need to do but not real entertaining in the process. Pretty similar to my 99 in blase acceleration with no real engaging features about it. Only thing that saves it is the paddle shift which I think works great for cornering and downshifting. I like the "insta-downshift and rpm hold" and the automatic return to drive when you are done thrashing.

2. In snow, the front breaks loose way before the rear causing it to feel and drive like a FWD car in the snow. See item 1. Boring to drive.

3. Paint is not that great. Will need a respray now after a short stint with some pine tar.

4. I'm 6'9" tall. I am thankful that this is practically the only car on the market that can fit me. But the seat could go back just a little further. A bump by the trans hump doesn't leave me anywhere to rest my leg while in cruise without hitting the dash (so I have to stuff it under the pedals, which isn't a good place, either.)

It's not a Turbo or at least an H6 so what do you expect. A larger sedan with AWD and far from being on the slim size.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Originally was looking at GTI/FocusST/Camaro/Charger type cars with a $20k budget in mind. Most of what I was looking for was liveable ride quality because I drive REALLY crappy roads. Golf R (45K car) which is on the Audi A3 chassis rode the best. I ALSO needed to make an intelligent decision because I had been struggling with broken vehicles constantly for 10 years...

And I live somewhere you can't get out of the drive without 4wd for 4-5 months a year.

I can't afford and/or don't fit in or on "toys", per se, so thats probably why I'm more disappointed than the car deserves.

My last 2 cars were BMWs.

This is an AWD "Family" Sedan, not a Euro Sport Sedan.

Runs on regular gas and regular tires.

I DID change the RSB and some lamps.

For the price it's a great car with few shortcomings.

(The 2018 Outback I had as a loaner was a bit better).

It's also 1" under classification for a "Full Sized" sedan so you pretty much get the space of a BMW 5.

Don't feel I settled, just saved a ton of $$$.

Originally was looking at GTI/FocusST/Camaro/Charger type cars with a $20k budget in mind. Most of what I was looking for was liveable ride quality because I drive REALLY crappy roads. Golf R (45K car) which is on the Audi A3 chassis rode the best. I ALSO needed to make an intelligent decision because I had been struggling with broken vehicles constantly for 10 years...

And I live somewhere you can't get out of the drive without 4wd for 4-5 months a year.

I can't afford and/or don't fit in or on "toys", per se, so thats probably why I'm more disappointed than the car deserves.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

When opening the door without the key (step close to it), it only opens drivers door. Would like a way for all doors to unlock. Maybe there's a way?

EQ on the great stereo doesn't work with apps like Pandora for some reason.

I like the styling, but I wish the rear of the car looked a little better. Makes me miss my 05 GT.

Windshield is suspect.

There are a lot of things to love about my 3.6r though.

Where exactly is it popping out? Have you had the bumper off on your own and managed to break any tabs off the connecting point? There is a bumper clip on the inner fender well that goes in straight up from the bottom where the fender meets the bumper, maybe it’s missing?

Yes I have remove my bumper multiple times,and no that clip your talking about is on there,it’s popping out right where bumper and fender meets,I can push it back in but after going for a drive it pop out again.

well tell that to the compressor I can hear turn on..:spin:
Yes if the settings are low enough to cool. :spin:

That is what "Auto" means.:spin"

Manual anyone????

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

well tell that to the compressor I can hear turn on.

Amazing ... since the 2016 Legacy doesn't use a clutch-cycling compressor. It's a variable-displacement compressor, and its shaft is always turning ... even when it's not cooling.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The fact that you can't actually turn of VSC when you push the button. It just delays it. Sometimes I just want to gun the engine, but it keeps throttling the engine.

Also, "first gear" acceleration from a dead stop is way to slow.

Whatever that means

Post a technical question, expect a technical answer.

FWIW, all it takes is a single button press to disable A/C ... unless you are in Defrost mode.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The fact that you can't actually turn of VSC when you push the button. It just delays it. Sometimes I just want to gun the engine, but it keeps throttling the engine.

Also, "first gear" acceleration from a dead stop is way to slow.

Relatively large vehicle and a relatively small engine.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

- Easily damaged and scratched windshield and side mirror

- There is no ability to tag favorite artists and songs for Sirius. My 2014 Jeep had this. My wife's 2018 Atlas has this. Seems almost any modern infotainment system has this. What gives?

My 17 doesn't like most USB drives I plug in. It's fussier than my 14 was & doesn't like the drives that worked in that car. Right now it periodically disconnects the drive that has been working somewhat.

Archived