LegacyGT.com

What annoys you about your new Subaru? V2

My 17 doesn't like most USB drives I plug in. It's fussier than my 14 was & doesn't like the drives that worked in that car. Right now it periodically disconnects the drive that has been working somewhat.

I wish my USB Zune would work like it does on my wife's Ford. :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noted it before - the CVT runs the Active Torque Split, which is just a clutch pack engaging the rear transmission instead of the Variable Torque Distribution that has a planetary type differential. The former gives in my taste too much understeer and less traction than earlier models I have had.
453747.png

I have a 2018 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited with EyeSight and Navigation and (missing) features that annoys me:

1. There are no front parking sensors. I like to make sure I can move forward as much as I possibly can so I can decrease the risk of possibility of having my Legacy scratched/swiped/dinged at convenient stores ie. Costco, CVS, Albertson's.

2. Reverse Passenger tilting mirror. I know back up camera are the new "thing", but call me old school I LOVE using my mirrors when I: Reverse Park, Check for Curbs, Crushing pine cones, you get the point. It's a something that I learned to use throughout my life and I guess I've been spoiled having that option on my past vehicles.

3. Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) does not disengage consistently. When I park my Legacy I always engage the EPB just in case something happens. When I start my vehicle again, place the vehicle in Reverse or Drive, press the accelerator the EPB automatically disengages (without pressing the Brake pedal) and allows me to proceed forward. However, it has not been consistent and there have been times where it's just me revving my Legacy in the parking lot looking like a fool. :lol:

I'm new to the Forums and I look forward to reading all your stories :icon_bigg

I have a 2018 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited with EyeSight and Navigation and (missing) features that annoys me:

1. There are no front parking sensors. I like to make sure I can move forward as much as I possibly can so I can decrease the risk of possibility of having my Legacy scratched/swiped/dinged at convenient stores ie. Costco, CVS, Albertson's.

2. Reverse Passenger tilting mirror. I know back up camera are the new "thing", but call me old school I LOVE using my mirrors when I: Reverse Park, Check for Curbs, Crushing pine cones, you get the point. It's a something that I learned to use throughout my life and I guess I've been spoiled having that option on my past vehicles.

3. Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) does not disengage consistently. When I park my Legacy I always engage the EPB just in case something happens. When I start my vehicle again, place the vehicle in Reverse or Drive, press the accelerator the EPB automatically disengages (without pressing the Brake pedal) and allows me to proceed forward. However, it has not been consistent and there have been times where it's just me revving my Legacy in the parking lot looking like a fool. :lol:

I'm new to the Forums and I look forward to reading all your stories :icon_bigg

Welcome to the Legacy community!

I can only speak to number 3... the parking brake will only disengage automatically with your seatbelt buckled. If you are not buckled, it will not disengage automatically. So if it does not function as I just described every time, bring it to the dealer. If you’re old school like some people I know, the seatbelt is a mere suggestion so this may be your issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Legacy community!

I can only speak to number 3... the parking brake will only disengage automatically with your seatbelt buckled. If you are not buckled, it will not disengage automatically. So if it does not function as I just described every time, bring it to the dealer. If you’re old school like some people I know, the seatbelt is a mere suggestion so this may be your issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only the seat belt but also any door not being properly closed.

Wow thanks guys! Looks like I'm ordering a seat belt extender, maybe it'll trick the Legacy thinking it's on all the time. :lol:

61gergMFnfL._SL1200_.jpg

How about actually using the seat belt?

Makes sense. My seat belt saved my life once, I had a head on with a drunk driver who skidded into my lane going around a corner. Out of work for 4 months. I ALWAY'S wear my seat belt.

I can't believe that there are people who will not only not use their seat belt but pay money to circumvent it. Incredible. It's only there for one reason- safety. To save your a$$ and keep a minor accident minor.

Like Einstein said “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”

Here's a man that used his belt:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEUyPveiZk]Camaro DESTROYED in $10,000 Grudge Race ACCIDENT! - YouTube[/ame]

Dale Earnhardt didn't use his safety equipment in a proper way.

453747.png

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 15,000 lives are saved each year in the United States because drivers and their passengers were wearing seat belts when they were in a road traffic crash.

It just works and is a good idea. Not only from collision impact but ejection as well. When you are ejected or ejected 1/2 way and the car rolls, you get really skinny in parts of your anatomy you don't want to be. But I think one of the best benefits are those minor 20-30mph crashes where you walk away shaken instead of leaving your teeth on the steering wheel and parts of your face on the windshield...

Just to be clear, I DO wear my seat belt. However, clipping the belt after I drive a couple yards has been a (bad) habit I developed. Which should explain why the Electronic Parking Brake annoys me. :rolleyes:

You know the solution so you just have accept it or follow the 9999 buckle/ unbuckle seat belt override

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

After 6 months and close to 10,000 miles of ownership, having to wait about a second for the transmission to exit reverse and engage drive is still annoying.
Patience grasshopper! Take up Yoga or meditation![emoji6]

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Just to be clear, I DO wear my seat belt. However, clipping the belt after I drive a couple yards has been a (bad) habit I developed. Which should explain why the Electronic Parking Brake annoys me. :rolleyes:

I used to tell my young kids and their friends "This car won't move until all the seat belts are attached." For years they thought the car actually had a safety interlock on the seat belts. I didn't even know about the electronic parking brake, which I always use; an old habit from driving manual transmissions all my life.

I used to tell my young kids and their friends "This car won't move until all the seat belts are attached."

My parents told me the same thing. I've followed in the same footsteps. It's such a small thing to do but with potentially big consequences.

The numb non responsive electronic steering in the legacy
Numb maybe non responsive no way, in fact for new owners just the opposite.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Numb maybe non responsive no way, in fact for new owners just the opposite.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Lol that makes me wonder what they drove before, my last car was a brz so the whole family sedan thing just feels like everything's delayed or held back. Even my moms 15 forester feels fairly more responsive and that's a small suv

• 1 month later...

Our current cars (2018 Crosstrek Limited and 2018 50th Anniversary Legacy 2.5) have been fine thus far. However, I know that engines and trannys are replaced all too frequently in the 2012+ vehicles.

Wish Subaru would figure out how to make them built-to-last as they once were...

Wish Subaru would figure out how to make them built-to-last as they once were...

Like the EA81 engines - they are rarely the case for them old subies going out of service since there's no cam belt or cam chain but a gear driven single cam. But then you'd get 75 to 80 hp in an OHV engine.

453747.png

Archived