LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Installed the STI center caps and subframe brace. FYI, the subframe/diff need support when you pull the bolts out. Ask me how I found out [emoji52].

3a60c56dd0e3d7d8869a2c79ef0a1425.jpgaf6e875595942848287948f5e1f4f96e.jpge65352a6cbc7a800a09310ceb238689c.jpgccd727f0e287781198e485abbc0c9ee5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when I did my rear sway bar and reinforcements I did them one side at a time and did not have any issues with the rear differential housing coming down. I did have the jack close to the bottom of the differential just in case but once i saw it did not move, i took it out to give myself more room. did not have to raise the car either.

Does the '13 & '14 FB25 'require' raising the engine in the service manual?

given how much room is between the rail and the spark plugs, it would make your life easier to raise it up by an inch or so... would make getting the socket and extension in the hole a lot easier

Bought a Cobb access port and put the stage 1 93 octane tune in my 2010 legacy gt tonight.

Lord it’s like a different car!

I kind of wish there was one for my 2.5i lol. It'd be nice to hit 200 horses & pound foot of torque :)

You would be more around the 100 hp mark, but that throttle response... lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Eh it's not bad off the line, but after that it's a bit brutal considering it's a CVT. That's why I use the sport mode if I need to pass a slow driver in a Toyota Camry :spin:! But yah as I said earlier if I could go from 173 Horses to 200 horses and also go from 174 torque to 200 torque it'd be a bit better lol

I kind of wish there was one for my 2.5i lol. It'd be nice to hit 200 horses & pound foot of torque :)

I had a 2010 2.5i 6mt before this one. I drove it for just about two years. I liked the car, I just didn’t like the Honda Accord 4cyl feel it had. I feel you.

keep your eyes open and if you find a GT in decent shape. Pounce on it and don’t look back. It’s well worth it. The car is a ball to drive and you still look like you’re adulting.

I had a 2010 2.5i 6mt before this one. I drove it for just about two years. I liked the car, I just didn’t like the Honda Accord 4cyl feel it had. I feel you.

keep your eyes open and if you find a GT in decent shape. Pounce on it and don’t look back. It’s well worth it. The car is a ball to drive and you still look like you’re adulting.

To be honest I feel like I'm gonna drive my current car until it won't move anymore. It just hit 85K and is a 2013, so it's not too old. I can live with it being a 2.5 (I have been for a long time) and it was originally my mother's car so it literally has no wear on it + mainly highway miles. It just needs new front rotors and pads, and a new serpentine belt. I may start running 91/93 in it to see if I can get a bit more power, even if it's minor :lol:

To be honest I feel like I'm gonna drive my current car until it won't move anymore. It just hit 85K and is a 2013, so it's not too old. I can live with it being a 2.5 (I have been for a long time) and it was originally my mother's car so it literally has no wear on it + mainly highway miles. It just needs new front rotors and pads, and a new serpentine belt. I may start running 91/93 in it to see if I can get a bit more power, even if it's minor :lol:

You sure? Just a little more power?

I don’t think you are feeling me now. You literally have to wipe the smile of my face when I arrive at the office every day in this thing!

3d76b56e547b1b362048239e898d55e5.jpg

Edited by poconoracing

Eh it's not bad off the line, but after that it's a bit brutal considering it's a CVT. That's why I use the sport mode if I need to pass a slow driver in a Toyota Camry :spin:! But yah as I said earlier if I could go from 173 Horses to 200 horses and also go from 174 torque to 200 torque it'd be a bit better lol

I was meaning whp 200 at the crank would barely be noticeable. But a tune by XRT would be an improvement you could feel and enjoy.

You sure? Just a little more power?

I don’t think you are feeling me now. You literally have to wipe the smile of my face when I arrive at the office every day in this thing!

3d76b56e547b1b362048239e898d55e5.jpg

Hahaha that's exactly how I felt when I used a tuner on my truck before I sold it! It's similiar to getting a new car :lol:

I was meaning whp 200 at the crank would barely be noticeable. But a tune by XRT would be an improvement you could feel and enjoy.

Ohhhh I see. What would be my best option at this point for my 2.5 then? I thought that those tuners were meant only for the 3.6 Legacy to be honest. Maybe I should just live with the stock setup :confused:

Ohhhh I see. What would be my best option at this point for my 2.5 then? I thought that those tuners were meant only for the 3.6 Legacy to be honest. Maybe I should just live with the stock setup :confused:

live with it stock...gonna cost a lot of money for not a lot of gains. keep it as your daily and spend the money you would modding on a 2nd car

also, running a heavily modified car as your daily suuuuucks. something's always breaking and they're just not reliable unless you're throwing stupid money at parts and know what you're doing. done it multiple times, won't do it again. if you really want to mod the leggy, do suspension and appearance work. the biggest improvement you'll see if a set of sticky tires and a not floppy suspension

and just because it's relevant.

eric the car guy on modding your daily. Edited by creep_nu

I had my 2.5i tuned. It made a little difference 5-10hp, but it is not going to be drastic. There is not an easy way to get 200hp or even much more than 180 hp out of your engine. IMO You would be better off put that money towards buying a GT.

To be honest I feel like I'm gonna drive my current car until it won't move anymore. It just hit 85K and is a 2013, so it's not too old. I can live with it being a 2.5 (I have been for a long time) and it was originally my mother's car so it literally has no wear on it + mainly highway miles. It just needs new front rotors and pads, and a new serpentine belt. I may start running 91/93 in it to see if I can get a bit more power, even if it's minor [emoji38]
Putting premium fuel in your 2.5i is akin to flushing your hard earned cash down the toilet. It won't do anything.

Putting premium fuel in your 2.5i is akin to flushing your hard earned cash down the toilet. It won't do anything.

I would think going from the cheapest gas near me to Shell's 93 Octane would be better right? Considering it has all of those additives and such?

I had my 2.5i tuned. It made a little difference 5-10hp, but it is not going to be drastic. There is not an easy way to get 200hp or even much more than 180 hp out of your engine. IMO You would be better off put that money towards buying a GT.

How in the world did you get your 2.5 tuned :eek:? I never thought it could get tuned considering it has a CVT?

XRT tunes all manner of Subarus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I tried looking for one the other day, but they didn't have anything listed to be compatible with my car. I'm not surprised as they probably only focus on more performance oriented cars, rather than the 4 cylinder economy oriented vehicles.

I tried looking for one the other day, but they didn't have anything listed to be compatible with my car. I'm not surprised as they probably only focus on more performance oriented cars, rather than the 4 cylinder economy oriented vehicles.

I'm pretty sure Ed has tuned the 2.5i CVT before. I asked him about it when I had the Outback.