LegacyGT.com

well....crap. please help

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nah, hang gliders don't have engines (unfortunately), motorcycles only need oil changes about once a year, the yota and the Taurus are beaters that just wont die, my old legacy is my daily and on her third engine, but the LGT is my wife's car and she's getting expensive to maintain.

howdy again, gents (and maybe some ladies?!?),

after a fun filled weekend in San Diego, I'm back in frigid Colorado. Went to a Dining out and had a great time. I broke the internet! Bastards calling me out for Stolen Valor is hysterical! Here's a screenshot from yesterday. it's still climbing though -- I think we're at a bit over 750 comments now. pretty funny read!

anyway, i'm going to pick up a micrometer on my way home from work today and finish all the bucket measuring and get the new ones ordered today. Pretty damn excited to see if this fixes all the problems and I can finally get this car listed for sale!

wish me luck!

26220291_2472631699628913_3755820440311072076_o.thumb.jpg.0137aefb40d8a31604fd993f2ca73516.jpg

I sent boxkita a PM about the buckets and still waiting for a reply. just to make sure i'm doing this right: i'm rounding down on my measurements (more clearance) for the bucket numbers I need.

477, 458, 478, 475, 482, 485, 489.

if he doesn't come through, where's the best place to buy these? should I just drive over to hueberger?

I sent boxkita a PM about the buckets and still waiting for a reply. just to make sure i'm doing this right: i'm rounding down on my measurements (more clearance) for the bucket numbers I need.

477, 458, 478, 475, 482, 485, 489.

if he doesn't come through, where's the best place to buy these? should I just drive over to hueberger?

I'm on the east coast and always order my OEM through Heuberger. I always talk to Brian there and couldn't give them enough credit!

of course. didn't take long to put back together. it took longer to recheck the clearances than it did to put the buckets back in and reassemble. there was one valve that was .0055" which is the bottom of the allowed clearance, but i'm going to roll with it anyway.

I also replaced that broken vacuum line. it got way too cold last night so i'll finish putting the motor in the car this afternoon after work. Shouldn't take too long to button everything up and get her started!

Archived