LegacyGT.com

well....crap. please help

Got the money! I'm putting a brand new motor in that thing. Meanwhile, I'm putting the OBXT back together as we speak so i can move it out of my garage. Ill be taking it to Heuberger for diagnosis in the future. Cant wait to figure out what is wrong with this car.

Keep us posted. I really want to know what is going with this thing :mad:.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'll start a new thread for the STi. going to pick her up this evening. as for the OBXT, it's on the backburner until after I finish up the STi. I may still try putting on a new cam sprocket to see what happens. it all depends on how much wait time I have for parts on the STi. i'm not very optimistic at all that the cam sprocket is the problem, but its just another couple hours of labor to test out the theory so it cant really hurt. After I finish the STi, i'm just going to take the OBXT to heuberger and let them diagnose it. I honestly just want to wipe my hands clean of this car at this point, but i'm so upside down on it, I may as well follow through so I can sell it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sti-rebuild-268211.html?p=5755436#post5755436

there's the link to the STi build thread.

now, back to the OBXT -- looks like we are going to take it to heuberger sooner than anticipated. tomorrow, I will test a different AVCS cam gear and i will swap out OCVs just for shits&grins. then it's going on a trailer and over to heuberger. Cant wait to find out what the problem is with this car.

• 2 weeks later...

well, it wasn't the AVCS gears...

I know I said I was going to give up on it and just take it to heuberger, but i'm not about to let this car punk me like that. After I finish the STi, i'm going to take that head off again and see what's up. Maybe I missed something.

well, it wasn't the AVCS gears...

I know I said I was going to give up on it and just take it to heuberger, but i'm not about to let this car punk me like that. After I finish the STi, i'm going to take that head off again and see what's up. Maybe I missed something.

Doubled-up on the headgaskets?

:p

453747.png

I know you probably already have a checklist of things, but some things to think about:

Different leak down tester as a double check

Cam journal bearings (if worn a little it could change the timing)

Make sure valves moving freely in the guides

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I pulled the motor again on Friday. Getting so good, it took me just 4 hours to pull the motor amd yank both heads. And i was able to pull the heads without removing the intake manifold. Having issues uploading pics again, but I'll get them posted soon. Heads are with the machine guy, we'll see what he says

Archived