LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie’s response was very confusing and not at all conclusive. Not sure what to make of it, other than it being rather evasive of an answer. Wonder if FIA ends up clarifying it further...

Charlie is the typical bureaucrat. He's trained to be evasive and non-committal. He really needs to go with all the other old crusties that have been leaving the sport like Bernie and Ron. His time is overstayed.

• 2 weeks later...
Currently sitting in Dallas's airport waiting for my short hop to Austin for the race this weekend. My brother fronted for the hotel and the F1 weekend general admission pass for my belated 30th birthday so all I needed to do was fly myself there. Landing in Austin around 1:30 and staying at the Aloft on 7th downtown.

Spoilers below for those who haven't watched

I'll post up some pictures later. I'm bummed Vettel or Kimi couldn't pull out a win but otherwise, great weekend. Ricciardo retiring with suspension damage from some phantom crash (??? Anyone???) and Alonso out with another Honda failure were also bummers but perfect weather all weekend, albeit a bit too much sunburn. Max had a great drive and I'm glad the stewards reversed his 4-off pass.