LegacyGT.com

:BUILD THREAD: Blouch 1.5xt-r in my 08 outback XT

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
YouTube link to a drag run. This was a couple months back. 8.23ish was best run? Babying 2nd and 3rd gear shifts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqJ6etqKsuU]08 Subaru Outback XT 5mt. 1/8 mile drag race 8.26run San Diego Race Legal - YouTube[/ame]

Got squat? :spin:

Impressive man.

Hows the 5MT holding up? Nice build, sleeper status for sure! I just finished my build too, like you i threw my wallet at it.

How do you like the E85 flex kit? Considered running one but went with meth instead because E85 is scarce in Queens NY.

Hows the 5MT holding up? Nice build, sleeper status for sure! I just finished my build too, like you i threw my wallet at it.

How do you like the E85 flex kit? Considered running one but went with meth instead because E85 is scarce in Queens NY.

so far, the 5mt is doing great. I thought it was the trans that grenaded, I am really pleased it was just an axle. according to the website I saw the legacy/outback gears are the same strength as the STI ones. So it should last, hopefully.

The Flex Fuel kit works as advertised. Fill up with any combo of fuel and it adjusts on the fly.

After I get a bigger intake (sf tech BIG maf), and aftermarket exhaust, I am going back for a retune. I'll also have an external oil cooler installed by that time. All just to protect the engine in long haul driving, and abusive situations.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
How has that recirculating EWG flex tube held up?

So far so good, recently crawled under there to replace a broken CV boot and didn't notice anything awry. It's in such an annoying spot to check for leaks, but I do need to crawl under the car again. I am really curious about it, and need to check it more thoroughly than just a visual.

OP, you should try to get your hands on the BTS suspension kit if you can. These are quite rare and a bit $$. But it will help with handling quite a lot IMO, and you can retain ride height (or even slightly increase it as I did) with some spacers.
Yeah, I keep reading about them. But unless the yenn gets worse or dollar gets stronger, i'd rather spend the extra and go semi custom Ohlins.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Just saw the video for this on reddit.

Is this on a draw through MAF tune? (Not speed density)?

I am working on a "similar" build (sort of...) with EJ253 heads and a gigantic supercharger in an 05 Outback.

I had just assumed I'd need a PPG gearset in the 5MT. I don't really launch my car though. That nearly cuts the budget in half!

Yeah, I keep reading about them. But unless the yenn gets worse or dollar gets stronger, i'd rather spend the extra and go semi custom Ohlins.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Looked at their website after watching the video... Also looked they still offer an option from my old bike. The OBXT version looks like a great setup, but that damn price point... OUCH!

Just saw the video for this on reddit.

Is this on a draw through MAF tune? (Not speed density)?

I am working on a "similar" build (sort of...) with EJ253 heads and a gigantic supercharger in an 05 Outback.

I had just assumed I'd need a PPG gearset in the 5MT. I don't really launch my car though. That nearly cuts the budget in half!

This is on speed Density, the MAF is still there, but mainly for IATs and keeping the filter out of the hot engine bay..

My gearset has been holding up fine. I did just grenaded a rear differential though. Using it as an excuse to go 6speed with r180 rear. SO i'll have a 5speed for sale soon!

Looked at their website after watching the video... Also looked they still offer an option from my old bike. The OBXT version looks like a great setup, but that damn price point... OUCH!

Keep an eye out on fleabay and forum classifieds. I found some for 700 on fleabay. And because I live in San Diego, I drove them to Bilstein and they are hopefully going to revalve them for Rallitek rear springs.

Archived