Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So true!! I'll report back on where things go with getting a limp tune for this situation. Seems like it should be doable. This is just dumb since I feel like my time should be going towards putting in fun new parts like my tgv deletes and top feed conversion rather than putting cats and stock junk back on :icon_frow Maybe I can tell the health dept. jokers that I run e85 so my net CO2 footprint is low (less emissions than gas and growing corn consumes CO2 from the atmosphere and produces oxygen). Something tells me they wouldn't be amused :lol:

A limp map would work great. Put all your stock hardware back on and have your tuner make a map with your current injector settings, MAF settings for whatever intake will be on it, and zeroed out WGDC settings. Then just enable any disabled codes and the car should drive and pass just fine.

So I am stockpiling some parts for Bilstein/Pink upgrade.

Any recommendations for alignment shops? I am near Sandy but willing to travel for the right place.

I'll be using the Whiteline KTA124/KCA313 kits so I am thinking Big O won't be the best option.

I take my car to Ray at the Point S in Woods Cross. He knows how to adjust all the Whiteline stuff because I showed him how on my car. He also knows how to adjust camber plates. He's friends with two of my co-workers and is a great guy. He did the alignment on my co-worker's son's drift car. I'm not sure if you've heard of a guy named Wes that owns the Menlove car dealership? He has a garage full of restored Mopars and he only takes his car to Ray. He'll do whatever custom alignment you want.

Great to get to know everyone on here. I'm trading in my leggy and have a few parts slc based if anyone would be interested. Brand new bason R front lip will fit any fifth gen. And front and rear strut tower bars for fifth gen. Possibly cold air intake from takeda almost brand new for 3.6r fifth gen. Hit me up if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry been busy, and nearly forgot about it. Looks like we are setting the meet for Sept 24th, Dave (Baci)and I are working out the details on start location but it will start at 11 am. Going to have a cruise and end up at "The Union" bar/grille. For some food and a brew or two. Should be early and easy that way we have time for other activities later in the evening. I will post last details in the next few days

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Btw rumor has it FNP has closed it's doors? Only does E-tunes now,...what's up with that?

Numerous people having the same tune with minor changes. Cars exploding and blaming it on random parts of the car. Had a lawsuit, I wouldn't trust my car to get tuned by him. Only Ryan at Simple, or Alex at Ignition Logic.

Any details? Not like it really matters at this point since they're closing up

I just heard that they had people who got tuned at FNP get checked by other tuners or get re-tuned and those tuners found the same maps with minor adjustments. You were paying for a full priced dyno tune, but it would only take about 30 minutes. He was just using similar base maps and slightly changing things, some people had it fine but when they blew up FNP blamed it on their mods or reliability issues. Someone tried suing them for a engine build, but it didn't work since they signed a liability waiver and they weren't street legal mods.

Also if you had a really nice car, or something that would rep FNP good, or knew him personally you wouldn't have these issues. But average Joe with a few mods went to get tuned randomly they would get the same base map flash.

Personally I didn't have any experience from them, but i'd never let anyone tune my car other than Alex or Ryan.

His peeps, sorry this was so delayed getting the details posted. Legacy meet details:

Sunday September 24 11:00 AM meet/cruise/eat. My Google maps link messed up the route. I'll have to create a new one today.

Meet in the Shopko parking lot on 5500 s and Redwood road. Just off the i-215. North of Shopko, west of the burger king.

Take off around 1145 AM. Head up east canyon, to hennefer, loop around and back down East canyon.

Cruise is about 2 hours and we will end at the The Union for food and drink.

I'll have maps posted this weekend. Hope some of you can make it!

Edited by baci
Details

Interesting FNP is down for the count. The horror stories are plenty though, almost a Gibby. Personally my car has a FNP tune for 50K, bummer others didn't have the same luck. I had another tuner look at my car and the tune was setup odd, not like he expected but it worked.

His peeps, sorry this was so delayed getting the details posted. Legacy meet details:

Sunday September 24 11:00 AM meet/cruise/eat. My Google maps link messed up the route. I'll have to create a new one today.

Meet in the Shopko parking lot on 5500 s and Redwood road. Just off the i-215. North of Shopko, west of the burger king.

Take off around 1145 AM. Head up east canyon, to hennefer, loop around and back down East canyon.

Cruise is about 2 hours and we will end at the The Union for food and drink.

I'll have maps posted this weekend. Hope some of you can make it!

Quick reminder, this is the upcoming sunday. The cruise is pending on weather, it may be too cold for anyone on summer tires, Damn this weather changed fast

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p