Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grease Monkey in Draper. Got sucked in by a groupon....

Yeah, when they fail you for "tampering", it gets flagged in the system and you get locked which supposedly prevents you from just going to some other shop. I'm almost tempted to call their bluff and just put the cats back on and take it somewhere just to see.

Grease Monkey in Draper. Got sucked in by a groupon....

Yeah, when they fail you for "tampering", it gets flagged in the system and you get locked which supposedly prevents you from just going to some other shop. I'm almost tempted to call their bluff and just put the cats back on and take it somewhere just to see.

you might try , but yeah , i think they mark you down in the system to prevent you just going somewhere else. They are more scrutinizing at the health and air board place, I threw the stock DP on, and even then , they dinged me for not having the stock catted UP, and reset the readiness monitors and saw some of them stayed in the "ready" position because of the tune.

I think your best bet is to have your tuner send you a "limp" tune to limit boost and to un-tick the auto-ready of the monitors, throw on the stock pipes, and get 'r done. Your tuner might have a better idea about this, but I think you should be able to pass with e85 and your injectors. stuff like this is a little why I envy not just living in like Tooele or something, hah , where ya dont have to worry about it at all

I envy not just living in like Tooele or something, hah , where ya dont have to worry about it at all
So true!! I'll report back on where things go with getting a limp tune for this situation. Seems like it should be doable. This is just dumb since I feel like my time should be going towards putting in fun new parts like my tgv deletes and top feed conversion rather than putting cats and stock junk back on :icon_frow Maybe I can tell the health dept. jokers that I run e85 so my net CO2 footprint is low (less emissions than gas and growing corn consumes CO2 from the atmosphere and produces oxygen). Something tells me they wouldn't be amused :lol:

So true!! I'll report back on where things go with getting a limp tune for this situation. Seems like it should be doable. This is just dumb since I feel like my time should be going towards putting in fun new parts like my tgv deletes and top feed conversion rather than putting cats and stock junk back on :icon_frow Maybe I can tell the health dept. jokers that I run e85 so my net CO2 footprint is low (less emissions than gas and growing corn consumes CO2 from the atmosphere and produces oxygen). Something tells me they wouldn't be amused :lol:

yeahhh... they were pretty stuffy and by the book in my experience , hah. and I totally get you , its bad enough you have to put on the stock parts to pass, but then you have put back on all the fun parts before you're back in business , and if you dont have a hookup, gotta do that every year

Hi guys!

My name's Gregan and I joined the legacy club last week. I've been around for a while, you may know my Forester and RS, which I still own.

hjy899nl.jpg

jvXGElVl.jpg

The RS has had a failing headgasket for most of the summer, so I picked up this Legacy to be the new daily while I finish up the wide body and swap the motor. It will be a long project, I want to do it the right way.

But I picked this up for a good price and have pretty mild ambitions for it. It does have some blown struts, so I'm looking at a strut/spring replacement, spec B bilsteins if I can and a lowering spring just to give it a little bit better look. Hopefully I don't go too crazy, but as you can see, I already threw my works on just to see how it looked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

XiFctiVl.jpg

ufeuqNWl.jpg

Thanks twall.

I've always had a soft spot for the BE/BP generation, there is a lot of potential in the platform and it's not beating up a dead horse like building an RS.

Like I said, I don't plan on going crazy with it yet. Buuut, if I finish my RS and it's running reliably, I may throw some money into making it a b4 replica.

If Fro gets a cruise together, I'll try to make it as long as the health dept doesn't decide to keep me off the streets permanently :spin::lol:

Covious, one other quick question- did they have a sniffer or anything like that to actually try to read your emissions or was their shake down purely based on OBDII readings?

If Fro gets a cruise together, I'll try to make it as long as the health dept doesn't decide to keep me off the streets permanently :spin::lol:

Covious, one other quick question- did they have a sniffer or anything like that to actually try to read your emissions or was their shake down purely based on OBDII readings?

Ugh , I can't remember exactly, but I think they were focused more on if all the cats were there, and the readiness monitors correct