LegacyGT.com

Finally found a C6 Z06

After calling about 15 dealers in Central/North NJ I found a Z06 last friday. It was due to go out the next morning at 9am, So after sitting in Rt 80W traffic at rush hour (F U 80) we finally got there. Black/Black with the nonpolished wheels, Navi, all the usual goodies. Sticker was around 70k, however this nice dealer added a $15k markup. The car is badass, sorry I don't have any pictures of it.

For those of us who know Aaron with the M3, well you can kiss that car goodbye. He's picking up his very own Z06 as soon as the prices reach MSRP.

I know one of you here just dying for a rematch ;) gotta get that in soon.

I went to the Anaheim Auto show over the weekend here in California. The car is amazing (3.9 second 0-60 in 1st gear). I think I have some 5 mp pictures that came out pretty good if someone really wants a post of em on here. Definately one of the best american cars ever. Someday...

I went to the Anaheim Auto show over the weekend here in California. The car is amazing (3.9 second 0-60 in 1st gear). I think I have some 5 mp pictures that came out pretty good if someone really wants a post of em on here. Definately one of the best american cars ever. Someday...

Post 'em up!!!

I think I'd rather have a Porsche 997 but the Z06 is very, very nice and would kill the 997 on a track. It'd kill most cars on a track.

Delphi automotive is about the declare bankruptcy though. They're GM's largest parts supplier so if they go under, that's very bad for GM. I suggest buying a Z06 soon if you want one.

Delphi automotive is about the declare bankruptcy though. They're GM's largest parts supplier so if they go under, that's very bad for GM. I suggest buying a Z06 soon if you want one.

Declaring bankruptcy does not equal "going under" in the business world. I think their current plan is to stay in business, re-structure themselves, and emerge from protection sometime in 2007.

A 15k markup is actually a buy on that car:eek:

I would never pay it even if I had it. I have a friend who is a sales Mngr @ a large Chevy dealer. They have had 2...still have 1....100k takes it & yes that is what the 1st one went for. Msrp may not ever become a reality with this car....same can be said for the upcomming Shelby Mustang.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Man.. I'd just get a C6 and do a little engine work to get the extra power and get a Z06 badge lol.

I'm not sure I'd call it "a little engine work" to get an extra 100 hp. Also, the Z06 has suspension, wheel/tire, and gearing upgrades over the base Corvette.

I'm not sure I'd call it "a little engine work" to get an extra 100 hp. Also, the Z06 has suspension, wheel/tire, and gearing upgrades over the base Corvette.

Agree, the Z06 has a significantly different engine (bored out to a 427 and has different heads). It also has a lot bigger brakes, carbon fiber body pieces and the frame is actually aluminum (mostly) so the car weighs less than a standard C6.

You'd have to spend a lot more to buy another production car that performs as well.

Rumor has it new Z06 has upwards of 550 hp not the 505 claimed hp. Awesome car, but do not believe a dealer is entitled to make $30,000 off the sale. I guess if they can get it it's their perogative, but I wouldn't give it to them out of principle.

The Z06 engine is a purebread race engine...ti rods and valves, dry sump oiling, rediculous redline for a bigblock. Not to mention the trans has been significantly beefed up along with the brakes and suspension. The entire frame has been made stiffer than the standard vette to take the torque. Don't get me wrong, I think it's rediculous to pay over MSRP too, that's why my plan is to pick up a clean C5 and transplant the Z06 crate engine into it...eventually.

Archived