LegacyGT.com

Colonel Red Racing 2005 STI Race Car

Sgt.Gator

I'm asking Santa for that tranny.

Man that thing is purdy.

Here you go, and Rallispec is a dealer for them.

I think they supply the gears, you supply the OEM case. There were others that are the whole thing but then you need to fabricate mounts and driveshafts.

Corrected URL

https://www.ppgearbox.com/subaru-ej20-6-speed

Edited by Sgt.Gator
Corrected URl

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

3537-030.JPG

PRI 2017 Specials

Free master cylinders and remote bias adjuster cable!

For a limited time, purchase a selected OBP Track-Pro pedal box (BMW E36 LHD, BMW E46 LHD, or Subaru Impreza LHD) at the regular price and receive three OBP master cylinders and an OBP remote bias adjuster cable free!

There is no limit to the number of pedal boxes you can order (one set of 3 masters and one cable per set), but hurry -- this offer expires when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's!

This item qualifies for FREE Shipping in the continental United States!

Receive Master Cylinders and Remote Bias Adjuster ($170 value) with the purchase of select Track Pro Pedal Boxes! For a limited time, receive 3 OBP master cylinders and an OBP remote bias adjuster cable when you buy the OBP Track-Pro pedal box at regular price.

This 3-pedal floor-mount pedal box offers an all-in-one system that is designed just for the Subaru Impreza. The lightweight steel Track-Pro assembly includes Clutch, Brake, and Throttle pedals in one unit.

All three pedals ride on oil-impregnated bushings for smooth, consistent operation and long life. The master cylinders (included) are positioned under the driver's feet for the easiest and most compact installation. Just install your masters, bolt the assembly to the floorpan, and hook up the hydraulics and the throttle. No cutting or welding required! The 5.5:1 pedal ratio is ideal for road racing and rallying.

Clutch pedal: For hydraulic clutch. Includes a built-in adjustable pedal stop to prevent overtravel.

Brake pedal: For dual master cylinders. Includes a built-in bias bar.

Throttle pedal: Designed to be easily adapted to the Subaru cable. Spring-loaded with an adjustable return stop.

The Clutch and Brake pedals have traction tape pre-applied. The Throttle pedal pad is perforated for comfort. PRI Special: Includes 3 master cylinders (5/8" front, .70" rear, and .75" clutch) and a remote bias adjuster cable. Weighs approximately 7 lbs with master cylinders. Remote fluid reservoirs and fittings sold separately.

Add the Master Cylinder Cover Plate (Part No. 3537-301, sold separately) to protect the master cylinders and give a finished appearance -- and to provide the driver with a footrest.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=28192

Want to try driving my Palatov D4 at Oregon Raceway Park for almost no cost? Now you can.

Palatov, ORP Staff, a talented pool of Russian coders, and RFactor2 have gotten together and now you can drive all versions of the D4 at ORP in SIM.

http://youtu.be/Jijc_R8L0ok

What you need:

A Steam gaming account (free).

RFactor2, on sale now for 1/2 price, $15. After the Holidays it goes back to $30. You buy it thru your Steam account.

D4 add-on car: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875808687

The ORP Track addon:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=521752969

I have a Logitech G27 Force Feedback wheel. To get the sequential paddle shifters to work right I had to make a small change in RFactor2 to the shifting setup. Now it works exactly like the real car.

You can also drive the D4 at all the other tracks in RFactor2, and drive any of the other cars at ORP. For example drive the D4 for a while then jump into the Corvette C6.R. Very cool.

It's especially useful for me to learn left braking with a no clutch sequential shifter. It's very weird retraining leg muscles that forever have been left foot clutching and right foot braking. And the damage caused in the learning process is a lot cheaper.

I'd love to get an STI and LGT SpecB in their cars.

I'm addicted!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Using a real D4 at Somona Raceway to make the SimRaceway

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of updates:

STI: Surgeline tried to install the new heads on the rebuilt block. One of the 1/2" studs pulled out of the block before reaching the required TQ setting. The block is on it's way back to Rallispec for repair, and Rallispec will install the heads themselves and ship it back as a long block assembly.

We think the threads were damaged when another vendor worked on the block, not Rallipspec or Surgeline.

Very Frustrating!

The FF 818R is in the process of getting it's new halo cage. It will look like the Lotus 2-Eleven FIA car earlier in the thread.

Palatov: Right now the car is at Arcflash, a local shop here in Bend, getting a new motorsports dash with logging. https://www.arcflashllc.com/products/digital-dash

That sucks man.

Well, while we patiently wait for the engine to come back, here is a video that I think is worth watching if you have not seen it already.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBfj_D9DGE][TECH TOUR] 1200 HP 7 Second WRX gets the time attack conversion | Andy Forrests ‘Stormtrooper’ - YouTube[/ame]

Andy Forrest is very inspiring for us old folks. And a Chain Drive Subaru to boot!

Here's another one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfkcm-0EA0]

[/ame]

I picked up Pearl from the Arcflash shop. Now it has a nice fullsize dash, shift lights, alarm lights/logs for Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, AFR, Fuel Pressure. It also has track data logging and display that will be a useful backup for the Video VBox HD logging.

The values in the pics are only half done, I'm still finishing the setup.

y4mB74-98MmoRVK4dfLM-QtYFEjQpwTy-bPQ7YTT0dkiD6GewoMBHgRxUOMcbDVfjhzWJM79WmevQy4GapwR7BbrLc0bat6sf2zBc6f5WaEz9Th4iw-UJfoPDtDswoyRQ073B1ogQTqeWfYW9KWe2io25BbWGlFohetYwGwMOE4aQjv0W5Zv6BmHouMZFaPdeqjE6GMmJ_k4N8sdrcbXM_33w?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

y4mcSARHc1sN8liKYaHSvLXWsgZWYHMewkspH_Un3NrRot_V4kg4P7bjAtQkl25zrUyGfSWQqH9CI-ZkD2GEyB7UurH1hDqeYKsfocYRRKIQ5lnySQ3XgtZ3dt9FPxf7y9RvrGswmTkm6Ttpg2iFXk46BcvfGYfopcwbnlZJtxZNNCHjbzNaswrPtmrw91pqopDD9WYqAMGFJNJFSzh7GOU3Q?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

And I took a quick look at their Project Mayhem Subaru that they built for the Gambler 500:

slideshow_10.jpg?9689423841314926582

http://www.ktvz.com/news/project-mayhem-2017-hits-the-road/598368323

Tom has finished tacking up the 818R Halo Cage for Tall Boys!

It's inspired by the Lotus 2-Eleven FIA GT4 design.

7730203.jpg

Tom's done a good job replicating it to the 818R frame.

The tubes triangulate with downtubes in the frame:

y4mD7jRU7A1cRuWViPF-4qDcbrCgE-0ZBqquzLVHBRG-4RfOCTjihec1orprmt78qxMb0-EsDgtVmjUAQdGsUbYfplcpf8gnqGzTtCRS-ueHZ-w6oW1Y0ouRy3BgmyuFcuN59zXUAdfecsxTNYTyqehuVijKlsuDGtXAnGF6GI_fxiVEF4GFigVL2feQiU73STGqmx1bv906DDgGgm4-TdNVg?width=999&height=648&cropmode=none..

y4mYUODQ6ZE3XO3NmDowfhbzkLGcJWa75Wm8putl4qMU_nezuIf1-UsuiN9bpsC1jywI68DvlDZ6NXJff0uzGstbX1F7TfQa0Lrh9qvD_JrxRSbf3eKZ0KwaSdFIITKfwQfzxb7JrxJQ4UxBcKdDYQfkTYklgYi8yS9_QsnKJSLx_wv6x666kUa3nsVzcHY9rSI1jbcH6hJYCRxMygvAoL1RQ?width=983&height=576&cropmode=none..

y4mYnxs-Ip1TagyFE99z29607qJ6ai1_ANydRTuDl8Cq5hQ0fB9Wtcmo72zuuq8okhOf_euxjLHyfv4rR5LGtVE-uYgrPSrq7Ej9GmVSIewykQ4awXUkW5ZDMk_dRcsVG3kYHlIrnb1T3uaWZKhYbQsJVI4ODNtuighqxxZRFd8p5i0ZxWt7oAQ4WxCI9M51w4CiBUHmV6HGeWHcrrWWQDAhw?width=547&height=648&cropmode=none

Closeup of where the front hoop triangulates with the existing front low hoop, crossbar, and downtube:

y4m7s2htr6pjee3bUJ6hCgGxRaGPnMSLLbB7C8oNcBAxrnSzXKoNGwKCeOTLFbw5KsEhOhIfL6uI1hC6i8JVrqMLiHcdayi4YMipCUalpfS7_yEuiF9qm4VECFkh3rRTooSkuhkDsM2C4nuOCAg2kHvdUKvXdgPEeEiORwH9SpNykkk4K7qes24MZJfWlLDzvttPSthyIw34w_uchVaIoy1ug?width=144&height=141&cropmode=none

I should be able to get in and out thru the top as the normal exit/entry, or possibly thru the "window", I'll have to practice on both. And thru the "window" if the car is upside down sitting on the roof.

This should end any questions about the broomstick test.

Please let me know if you see any issues before we finish weld it!

Interesting Article given my recent experience~

Damage Alert: How to Avoid Pulling Threads or Killing Head Bolts

By JEFF SMITH JANUARY 26, 2018

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/machine-work-assembly/damage-alert-how-to-avoid-pulling-threads-or-killing-head-bolts/

I'll post it in the Engine Rebuild Forum too.

Edited by Sgt.Gator

• 2 weeks later...

The Palatov D4 is almost ready for track day rents and some racing action. I can't wait to get on track again with "Pearl"! The last bit of work was installing the Arcflash dash and hooking it up to the Geartronics sequential shift. Here's the dash being calibrated to the shifter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_plMT0iSEZqfxPNLjvj9-SeRAnp9NYbB/view?ts=5a77ebd3

The paddle shift sequential with auto rev matching is so cool!

And RFactor2 now has a beta version of Portland International Raceway (PIR) in the sim. The two closest tracks that I drive most often are in the sim. I'm racking up some great sim time that I hope translates into faster real-time laps this year.

The Palatov D4 is almost ready for track day rents and some racing action. I can't wait to get on track again with "Pearl"! The last bit of work was installing the Arcflash dash and hooking it up to the Geartronics sequential shift. Here's the dash being calibrated to the shifter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_plMT0iSEZqfxPNLjvj9-SeRAnp9NYbB/view?ts=5a77ebd3

The paddle shift sequential with auto rev matching is so cool!

And RFactor2 now has a beta version of Portland International Raceway (PIR) in the sim. The two closest tracks that I drive most often are in the sim. I'm racking up some great sim time that I hope translates into faster real-time laps this year.

Nice. Any plans to come to sonoma?

Nice. Any plans to come to sonoma?

I'd love to do Sonoma and Thunderhill this year. No definite plans yet. My full-time day job is up in the air right now. I may have lots more time for trips on my hands soon.

I'd be happy just to show up and cheer. Just let me know when.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Thanks everyone. I've come to the conclusion my capacity to run a team at the Thill25 race is beyond me now. I could probably be a driver, but not a team owner or crew chief.

If I come to Thunderhill it will be for a NASA race or a Hooked On Driving HPDE weekend, and to crew/drive on someone else's 25 Hour team.

Thanks again for your support!