LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I went from an 05 LGT 5EAT wagon to a twin turbo v6 Ford Flex and damn am I pleased. That thing moves like h*** for a 5,000lb shoebox

Wonderful car! except the (actual) engine note is awful. Exhaust is fine but quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot this! :lol: Yep its a Ford!

2bb419dfd8e863d53cb4d6ff863c32c6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Umm, wouldn't that be completely expected? I mean, they more than doubled the amount of power the car makes. Of course the transmission will fail. We have some owners on here who doubled their power and had to upgrade clutches and started shattering gears.

As far as "lawl it's a Ford" gripes go, this is a nothing burger and should have been expected with that level of modification.

i know its a flex, but fords are known to eplode, hense exploder...

i love the flex - if i had kids or a better reason for one, id be driving one right now. instead i just choose to dump my money into a different pos

Umm, wouldn't that be completely expected? I mean, they more than doubled the amount of power the car makes. Of course the transmission will fail. We have some owners on here who doubled their power and had to upgrade clutches and started shattering gears.

As far as "lawl it's a Ford" gripes go, this is a nothing burger and should have been expected with that level of modification.

I agree it should have been expected but it wasn't, my whole point was posting a video of ecoboost flex on a dyno and the second comment is about the trans reliability, to which the reply is "no it didn't hold up".

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Stinger GT, the spec sheets and preorder forms for the cars in Canada got leaked. In 2018 there will be no 4-pot and in Canuckistan there will only be AWD variants offered, and in two trims, loaded and loaded with tech and better seats. Canadian pricing. I thin 'murica pricing is about 5 grand less.

In case anyone is interested...

Highlights:

1757455933_StingerPricing.thumb.png.5ad55f9071ba75931bd7afb19ceab0f0.png

Preorder form with more specs, color choices, etc:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3TFvNKNMYLsVDhKSmYtQlZyTTQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by brandon.mol

Thirsty v8 in a not that great/roomy of a car.

It really should not be much of shock that a car that has twice the HP get worse fuel economy, plus they are a good 800 lb heavier.

Have you been in one? I have driven my friends 2010 V sedan, the interior isn't that much smaller than my LGT. As one would expect from a car that costs 2x as much, it pretty much kicks my LGT ass in every single way. Interior quality, stereo, ride, handling, brakes, clutch, transmission, and obviously engine hp & torque.

At least for me I really really liked the CTS-V, the super charged LS motor is on my bucket list (most likely in a Corvette).

It really should not be much of shock that a car that has twice the HP get worse fuel economy, plus they are a good 800 lb heavier.

Have you been in one? I have driven my friends 2010 V sedan, the interior isn't that much smaller than my LGT. As one would expect from a car that costs 2x as much, it pretty much kicks my LGT ass in every single way. Interior quality, stereo, ride, handling, brakes, clutch, transmission, and obviously engine hp & torque.

At least for me I really really liked the CTS-V, the super charged LS motor is on my bucket list (most likely in a Corvette).

I would be comparing the interior space to something like say an outback, not an LGT, being a wagon and all. Yes I have been in them, they are nice and very expensive. I would just expect that it would do better than 14ish mpg average, based on motor trends long term tester.

Especially considering how much more efficient the Camaro and corvette are in with the same engine and power. Even a pickup does better than that.

Edited by FLlegacy

I would just expect that it would do better than 14ish mpg average, based on motor trends long term tester.

Especially considering how much more efficient the Camaro and corvette are in with the same engine and power. Even a pickup does better than that.

My friend says he gets 18mpg but he has more of highway commute. Generally people aren't buying 550+ hp cars for fuel economy.

Per the EPA gov site The 6MT CTS-V was rated at 14/19/16 (city/hwy/avg) and Auto CTS-V 12/18/14. The current ZL1 Camaro is rated 14/20/16, current Z06 is 15/22/18. I only grabbed the MT's, the Camaro is in the same ball park and the COrvette is significantly lighter than the Camaro & CTS.

Personally I think they are bit too fast for my daily driver needs. It crossed my mind to keep my 2.5i and wait a couple years to buy a CTS-V or few year for a ATS-V.

Thirsty v8 in a not that great/roomy of a car.

I know first hand. Cargo room is exactly 2/3rd of Legacy wagon's. Still love mine.

I don't think I got more than 15 mpg on it, either :eek::)