LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Has anyone else read the Genesis g70 might come in a limited number of turbo 4/6mt configurations for the 1st year. Apparently it's built on the same platform as the stinger.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2019-genesis-g70-prototype-drive-review

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Has anyone else read the Genesis g70 might come in a limited number of turbo 4/6mt configurations for the 1st year. Apparently it's built on the same platform as the stinger.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2019-genesis-g70-prototype-drive-review

Yeah, but it's still got the same huge center console that's downright opposed to anyone actually BEING in the car for long periods of time.. I sat in a prev gen Genesis, and the console actually dug into my thigh. It's like it's actively trying to discourage you from actually putting your foot onto the accelerator.

I'm not skinny, but at 6'1" 230 (at my worst), it's not like I'm UN-representative of many in the western world.. At least those who could drop $40k+ on a Hyundai. I like to move my legs around on longer trips, manspread a little now and then, etc..

Will definitely give the Stinger a look, but if it's anything like the G80 I sat in 3-4 years ago.. Forget it.. They don't want me as a customer..

Interesting. I've not seen anything about a manual gearbox. If so it'd definitely only be with the 2.0T I4 in RWD and not the 3.3T V6 and/or with AWD.

I kinda doubt they'd do it though, unless it's carry over parts from the old Genesis coupe.

Oh it would be USA only if it happened.

It's rather sad to me that the closest alternative replacement for the LGT is the upcoming 2017 Ford Fusion Sport w/twin turbo 2.7L V6 & AWD w/325HP & 380FP for ~$35K. I've never been that big a fan of Ford, nor the other domestics now that I've been spoiled by my Subaru LGT and Toyota Sequoia.

The LGT was my 1st Subaru and I've really become a HUGE fan of the effectiveness of Subaru AWD here in Syracuse NY where we average 10 feet of snow per season. I'm not so sure that the Ford Fusion AWD system will be anywhere near as effective, and since I put ~20K miles per year on my commuting vehicle, that's a serious concern. I've read that the new Lincoln MKZ & Continental will be optionally available with the same "torque-vectoring" AWD setup as the Ford Focus RS, and wonder if that would compete better with Subaru AWD.

I've been considering getting a powerful, dynamic RWD car to drive for 6 months, and then relegate my LGT to winter driving status for the rest of the year, but I'm not sure it would be worth it to me to maintain 2 separate commuter vehicles in terms of maintenance, repairs, insurance, etc.

As a replacement for my Legacy GT, I've put together a short list of ~$34-45K vehicles in no particular order:

1. CPO Lexus GS 350 AWD

2. CPO Lexus LS 460 AWD

3. CPO Volvo V60 R-design or Polestar AWD

3. 2017 Ford Fusion Sport AWD

4. 2017 Mazda CX-9 AWD (no sports car, but a cool vehicle. Imagine a Mazda 6 2.5 turbo AWD!)

5. 2018 Subaru WRX (pending redesign specifics of course!)

12 pages in before some mentioned the Lexus?!? Haha. Nice looking car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla Model 3 Will Bring BMW 3 Series Sales 'to Zero,' Investor Says

Not sure how many are considering a 3 Series - they tend to rather small by today's standards, but Tesla Model 3 market penetration investment team is setting their sites on making that model obsolete. Doubt that's possible, but you never know with Musk and his team.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Tesla Model 3 Will Bring BMW 3 Series Sales 'to Zero,' Investor Says

Not sure how many are considering a 3 Series - they tend to rather small by today's standards, but Tesla Model 3 market penetration investment team is setting their sites on making that model obsolete. Doubt that's possible, but you never know with Musk and his team.

That's funny. One of the Fathers on my son's soccer team has a Tesla. Loves it when he is only driving around the area and close to home.

When we had a tournament in PA, he said it was the biggest pain in the ass to get there because of charging.

• Moderators
That's funny. One of the Fathers on my son's soccer team has a Tesla. Loves it when he is only driving around the area and close to home.

When we had a tournament in PA, he said it was the biggest pain in the ass to get there because of charging.

If you own a Tesla and also have a family with long distance driving requirements I would assume you would also own some sort of SUV, suburban, etc. Because rich and family obligations. But who knows :iam:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

My mom has me car shopping again she had a 08 TriBeCa before and she's looking at a forester but still onto the forester.. I drove it more then her but the gas range and mpg was horrible.. and I ask her why would you get the car again when a new model is going to come out..

Holding out for the Ascent. ;)

GT - if you decide you're going to part with the FXT, LMK. Wife is interested - would be worth the trip to Cali to pick it up...:)

Would love to be a Subaru Indiana right now and see the Ascent coming together.

I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty sweet piece of kit when it hits the market.

It better be. Subaru mis-calculated with the Tribeca and they have poured a ton of R&D into getting this next iteration just right.

It's definitely going to be a lot bigger than Tribeca and the 5th Gen Outbacks that part's clear.

• I Donated
If you own a Tesla and also have a family with long distance driving requirements I would assume you would also own some sort of SUV, suburban, etc. Because rich and family obligations. But who knows :iam:

My mom has a Model S 75D. We have driven it up to NYC a couple of times. Supercharger on the NJTP on the way up, Supercharger on the NJTP on the way back. 40-50 minutes for lunch or dinner and a bathroom break isn't bad. Plus the instant torque is awesome in NYC traffic, and the adaptive cruise control and Autosteer are sweet on the Turnpike.

• Moderators
My mom has a Model S 75D. We have driven it up to NYC a couple of times. Supercharger on the NJTP on the way up, Supercharger on the NJTP on the way back. 40-50 minutes for lunch or dinner and a bathroom break isn't bad. Plus the instant torque is awesome in NYC traffic, and the adaptive cruise control and Autosteer are sweet on the Turnpike.

Baltimore to NYC isn't exactly long distance. 200 miles each way, we could go round trip without stopping for gas in our van.

I'm not knocking tesla at all, really. It is what it is.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Baltimore to NYC isn't exactly long distance. 200 miles each way, we could go round trip without stopping for gas in our van.

The dad I was talking about was trying to go from Potomac, MD to Landisville, PA. Yea he got there but then had to drive to 40min north to Harrisburg to charge for the ride south to home.

Yup great selling point.

Edited by TwoTone

• I Donated

Yeah, pretty sure I did it in one tank in my WRX too. The Tesla was waaaaay better of a road-trip car than the WRX though.

My SS would be a comfy long distance cruiser, and would have enough power for the cut and thrust of NYC traffic, but no way would I make it in one tank. I'm pretty sure 300 miles is the most I'll be able to manage on an all-highway tank. I haven't gotten above 250 yet. It also doesn't have the adaptive cruise control, which is super nice in traffic.

93 posts? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
Thanks for not being a **** head about it either!

Guess you only joined for the post counts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] mom look at my post count! I have friends! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk