LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I wrecked my beloved '05 LGT wagon on Father's Day morning (applause, please ... I know)

Salvaged the wheels n tires, and car was totaled by insurance. Bought a 2015 Twin Turbo (sorry, EcoBoost) Ford Flex in dark green

I have my reasons ... but what does the forum think? crucify? commend? forgettable?

^^ Hey when I was hauling around 6 people and luggage on 2-week vacations that one was high on my list. If she suits your needs well done and enjoy.

That S4 is welcome in my garage anytime :)

As long as your reasons were sound and this wasn't a decision made in haste, that's all that really matters.

Lukewarm is about the best I can do, when I'd want to crucify myself if I ever had to make the same choice.

Norm

:cool:thanks! I consider myself neurotic and nuts about selecting a car, and I deliberated a loooooong time before choosing the Flex

I have more than 6 kids but less than 8. For the first time in a long time, we can no longer do carpool to & from school because, well, there's too many of us. Therefore, I'm driving. So I needed more seats, more comfort, more creature comforts, more function The Flex excels at this A+

Also, I only buy wagon form factors. Is it an suv wagon tank or bread box I don't know, but it's low and long enough for me to tick the wagon box

And of course, power - it moves amazingly well for a 5,000 lb rectangle

And of yes it had to be somewhat off the beaten trail. I wouldn't call the Flex rare, but not too common either

The biggest surprise by far is how willing it is to change direction! very light on its feet, all things considering

Coolest feature? Power tailgate seats

WOW I did not know they made an Ecoboost Flex. 365hp/350 tq is freaking impressive. I've always low-key really liked the styling of the Flex, and always thought it would make a fantastic candidate for a drop and some tasteful mods. Hope you decide to so stuff with it and share with us!

Found a quick modded one on Google. Love how they look lowered.

photo_1_modified_ford_flex_by_3d_carbon_1_29420_original.jpg

thanks! it's a love-hate styling and 95% of the time I love it ;)

I may do exhaust / headers, add some roof rails and call it a day. I love the sound of 500+hp and all sortza stuff, but the monthly payment is already ... Tall

Flex FTW! Love these things

perfect dadmobile on the weekdays and track "car" on the weekends.

These things can get stupid quick with some simple mods

No hate here! Fuel mods, downpipes and some E85 love and its 12s all day!

I test drove a 2015 Ford Flex Limited, I liked that it felt like a large car. You can get H&R springs and lower it.

Wasn't really in love with the interior though. Felt kind of cheap compared to the Toyota Highlander. Still haven't driven the Ecoboost Ford Flex, but overall I think it's a nice package. If the Flex had the same interior quality of the Toyota it would be a no brainer for me.

Flex FTW! Love these things

perfect dadmobile on the weekdays and track "car" on the weekends.

These things can get stupid quick with some simple mods

No hate here! Fuel mods, downpipes and some E85 love and its 12s all day!

You make it sound so easy n cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1500-$2000 is cheap considering the gains - dont forget you drove a take my money Subaru before

enjoy the car, sleeper city. QUIKBRIK would def be my plate if i owned one

Yeah but for the price of that flex he could have probably bought a BRZ and an outback...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I test drove a 2015 Ford Flex Limited, I liked that it felt like a large car. You can get H&R springs and lower it.

Wasn't really in love with the interior though. Felt kind of cheap compared to the Toyota Highlander. Still haven't driven the Ecoboost Ford Flex, but overall I think it's a nice package. If the Flex had the same interior quality of the Toyota it would be a no brainer for me.

You're right some of the interior plastics are indeed cheap feeling. But there are also enough high quality materials and excellent feel to switchgear to compensate. That, and using the thing, as a tool, is super impressive people N stuff mover

I haven't seen the new Highlander interior

Yeah but for the price of that flex he could have probably bought a BRZ and an outback...

That's been a debate for my GF and myself. She wants a 4runner and they're 35-45grand.

I told here we can get a new f150 sport for around 28 and then have extra to buy a boat. Or she wants an older Z3 to cruise around

If you have been inside a Flex and an Outback it is really no comparison. The Outback is tiny comparatively.

True. My mother has a new Outback, fantastic car for what it does. But waaaay smaller than a Flex.

FWIW the lack of power in the BRZ was a deal breaker and anyway I like the wrx 1,000 times more

I would have considered waiting for the Subaru Ascent, but then I heard which engine!!! Seriously?

$1500-$2000 is cheap considering the gains - dont forget you drove a take my money Subaru before

enjoy the car, sleeper city. QUIKBRIK would def be my plate if i owned one

hmm if I factor in all of the mods in three n a half years, then yeah take my money. But a regular joe driving his old legacy, is it really so different than another ten yr old Japanese car? what are you referring to?

If you have been inside a Flex and an Outback it is really no comparison. The Outback is tiny comparatively.
My point was you can get a family car and a track car for the money a flex costs. And you should consider the weight of a BRZ before talking about the power. It's still quicker than many cars and will outrun most anything on a twisty track.

And depreciation...[emoji33]

My point was you can get a family car and a track car for the money a flex costs. And you should consider the weight of a BRZ before talking about the power. It's still quicker than many cars and will outrun most anything on a twisty track.

And depreciation...[emoji33]

Yeah, but if most of your time driving is spent with 2-3 other people like me, then any 2-door is a hassle/useless. Meaning I'd ONLY get to drive the BRZ on the track. Which would be a handful of times a year. Notice his nick: DADsled. I'm guessing he usually/often has passengers.

I drove an '05 2.5i 5EAT Outback once with 4 adults up to North side of Grand Canyon once. If I had to daily one of those - bring on the self-driving Prius and let me sleep.. Couldn't get up enough speed to pass a dump truck. I can't imagine the newer ones are any faster - they're heavier, no doubt.. No way you get an Outback 3.6 + BRZ for that money.

If it comes down to slow family car + track toy vs. quickish family car, I'll take the latter any day.

Yeah, but if most of your time driving is spent with 2-3 other people like me, then any 2-door is a hassle/useless. Meaning I'd ONLY get to drive the BRZ on the track. Which would be a handful of times a year. Notice his nick: DADsled. I'm guessing he usually/often has passengers.

I drove an '05 2.5i 5EAT Outback once with 4 adults up to North side of Grand Canyon once. If I had to daily one of those - bring on the self-driving Prius and let me sleep.. Couldn't get up enough speed to pass a dump truck. I can't imagine the newer ones are any faster - they're heavier, no doubt.. No way you get an Outback 3.6 + BRZ for that money.

If it comes down to slow family car + track toy vs. quickish family car, I'll take the latter any day.

The 2010+ outback/legacy is years ahead of the previous model in interior space but I get the jist, kid hauling takes lots of space, hence we got an Odyssey to replace our tribeca. But we will definitely be looking at and test driving the Ascent when it comes out.

The BRZ would be the performance variant for a commuter or for fun weekends, I mean you aren't out hooning with your family strapped in the back are you? Cost vs cost you could buy a track/weekend car and a decent family hauler for the cost of a flex. All without taking a bath and getting flogged in resale/trade-in value.

Edited by FLlegacy

I'm thinking about the new wagon Buick will be importing from Germany this Fall. Priced in the mid $30s and a real automatic transmission. No CVT for me.

Read the reviews...prepare to be underwhelmed unless you are in it just for looks. Apparently it is only available with the 4 cyl turbo that is in the malibu and is about as sporty as a rental car.