LegacyGT.com

My wife is terminaly ill.

Drew888

First of all I'd like to say that I apologize for dumping this on you but I have many friends here and I've been an active member (and a Moderator at one point) for many years and love this community.

My wife's heart chose to stop in the early am on Wednesday the 13th. I performed CPR until the paramedics took over. She has been comatose since. She is terminal and we expect her to pass sometime this week. She is at St. Jude in Fullerton, CA. She is very healthy otherwise and the hospital has no explanation. She is from the Philipines and we supect Brugada syndrome (yes, I’ll have my kids tested).

Some of you know that in the last five years (maybe six, it’s a blur right now as this is very tough to type out) I lost my Father, a brother, and now my soul mate. I’m doing ok really. I have been by her side every day and I’m at peace and have trust in God’s plan. My two kids (Brandon 17 and Alyssa 15) are simply amazing. They seem stronger than I and I’m very proud of them.

I love you guys and it was time to let you know.

Drew

P.S. I have about $1500-2k of Subaru stuff from my Spec-B. I would really like it gone. If I could ask anything of you it wold be for someone to show up with a pickup and take it all away (even the stuff with little value). Maybe $500 for it is all I need. I just don’t have the time or energy to babysit each item to sell it.

P.P.S My wife was a Dentist and I don't make enough to cover our bills but I can legally run her office for 12 months before I either sell the practice or work with some of our friends that are also Dentists to keep it going (preferred as the kids now want to be Dentists http://www.ssforums.com/forum/images/SSforums_vbtoucan/smilies/tango_face_angel.png)

If you ever find your self in Fullerton CA and could use a teeth cleaning please come by. Smiles by DrC online will guide you (my wife created the website many years ago and never updated it. Simple referrals have worked out just fine).

Lastly, my niece has offered to set a gofundme page. This is something I don’t know anything about and will let her handle it. My co-pay is already at 11k. Please know that I’m not asking or begging but if you feel so inclined you may. I'll post more detail as I get it.

It may be a while before I return. Take Care…

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is terrible news Drew, sorry to hear you are going through this, it is my sincere hope that my wife buries me instead of the other way around, but I also realize that we don't exactly get a choice in the matter.

I am glad your kids are staying strong in what will be the biggest loss in their lives, however, the real impact takes awhile to have the full effect. My suggestion is to go through grief and loss counseling with your kids when the time is right and I can't say that enough times to illustrate the importance of learning to live with a major loss. Most people bury this stuff down deep inside and never properly deal with it.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I appreciate that and I won't discount counseling. I don't ask why as I do understand it will drive me crazy. I have faith in God's plan and already have caught glimpses. She has touched the nurses and they have asked for a picture of her. School Mom's have rallied to take 2 hour shifts from 9pm to 9am so she is never alone, family bonds have tightened, I have reconnected to parents of three different schools that have all come to help, and a very tender moment... my daughter's close friend is going through a teenage phase where she treats her Mom poorly. She visited my wife and as I hugged her I whispered in her ear a few things about taking care of and loving her Mom. She cried and is committed to never doing so again. There is much more... I miss my wife dearly but we'll be ok.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Drew, know that God is there and watching. He knows your pain and your love for her. He knows your children and He has His plan. It's difficult for us to understand and hard to cope but sometime in the future you will see her again and know why He chose now.

You and family are in my prayers andI know He will see you through.

Avoiding work and being sick, didn't expect this from the general chat. That was a tearful read.

Man, I am sooooo sorry to hear this. I don't even know what to say except I wish you the best for you and your family.

While not quite in the same boat, my wife does have major medical issues and being in her 30's she is stuck in the body of an 80 year old. I do fear that one day her body will just give up, though I would never let her know that. I just keep plugging along, taking her to doctor after doctor who just brush her off as she is "too complicated".

Seems like you have a support system which is good, but counseling for you and your kids would be a great help. I will gladly donate something as I know the cost of medical bills are insane (don't even get me started on this shit).

I'll check back for details on the gofundme.

I haven't been on LGT in a while but for some reason i stumbled back on to the forum today. Keeping your family in my prayers.

My sister lives in Loma Linda and attended Pharmacy school at Loma Linda University. So if you need any Dental office help, I'm sure she might have some Dentist or Dental Hygienist friends that could be able to help out at the practice.

We love you man. Keep on being strong and trusting God's plan.

Archived