LegacyGT.com

My wife is terminaly ill.

Drew888

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can no longer handle the expenses and it's getting much worse too quickly. I hope no one minds me posting this here.

https://www.youcaring.com/andrew-brandon-and-alyssa-jones-516356

She is holding on but suspect only a few days more only. The kids have gotten used to visiting their Mom but when that eventuality hits it may be a very different story. I'm preparing as best I can to keep them close. I'm heading to the hospital now to say goodnight to her. The pain in unreal...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I'm not offended nor mad. Please don't take it that way, I'm just sharing...

Everyone says stay strong but I'm dripping all over my keyboard right now. I used to be stronger than this but I realized that something like this can change you in so many ways. For me, I'm more patient, empathetic, and...soft-er? I mean I wouldn't have broken down before but now it's more easily triggered. I never thought this would happen, never.

I had a bond with a woman that was deep. Love at first sight in the truest sense. My buddy just got out of the Air Force and called me to his girlfriends apartment to watch a movie. I entered the front door and as I walked past her room our eyes met and that was it. I was sitting on the floor with my back against the couch. We were in the living room waiting on her when she sat down next to me. My heart pounding so much I had no idea what movie we were watching nor cared. This from a guy that had a rep for dating around at the time (many years ago).

Just a few years later we had a Catholic retreat just prior to getting married. At the end we all took a compatibility test. Father called us in to discuss our results. This is where they council you on your differences. His first words were "I'm a little disappointed". He thought we cheated. We could not have as we were separated. All Men on one room and Women in the other. Every checked answer matched and every written one said the same thing in our own words. His next comment was that for as long as he has been doing this he had never seen this before. We were soul mates and attached to each other for 25 years.

So yea...this will change a guy. I'm trying to stay strong but fail 50% of the time. My kids are my everything and amazing. They would inspire you if you had a chance to meet them. Both are very strong in their faith and are doing better than I am.

I don't know what to say, just thank you...

A loss is never easy, you've had far more sorrow than most and I'm so very sorry to hear about your wife. Having your kids there for you is certainly a blessing and I wouldn't say you're not strong Drew, your kids being the way they are is clearly a direct result of you and your wife's influence as strong, caring people.

A few years ago I lost my sister very suddenly and the whole thing felt detached, fake, almost surreal and it wasn't until weeks later that while visiting my now wife did it struck me that she was gone. My wife is definitely the roots to my emotional state and we've been together a mere 5 years. to do 25 is an amazingly long amount of time. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, it's okay to breakdown Drew you have two amazing kids to help you stand.

Me and my family aren't very religious in the traditional sense but we're praying for you and your family, keeping you in out thoughts through this most difficult time.

I am now on FB when I never was before...therapy. Checking in here now and then is also therapy. Thank you!

I reread my post (37) and I'm too tired and it's just easier to cut/paste so you may see it elsewhere and thought to let you know first. I need easy right now and others could use the message.

Take care

Hey Drew, so sorry to see this news. I can't begin to understand what you're going through, we will also be praying for you and your family.

Did you need help selling your old LGT parts? I'd be happy to help sell them with 100% of the funds going back to you. Wish I could do more to help from so far away, if there is anything else I can do let me know man.

/donated

Although we only really met at one meet you have always been a good friend. Thank you. I'm a couple weeks away from getting the parts out for pics. I will though...soon enough.

I just saw this and am deeply saddened, mine and my family's condolences go out to you and your family! From one Catholic to another, you and your family have our prayers, and I will offer the next mass for you and your wife! Your strength in faith is an inspiration and a kick in the head to me to step up my faith walk with Jesus Christ.

May the peace of God the Father, His Son, Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit blanket you and your family!

In Christ,

Love,

Matt & family

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Hey Drew, we've never really talked here, but I stumbled on this thread via SBT's post on the home page. I wish I could offer prayers but I'm not a religious person. But know that I have been keeping your family in my thoughts. I just moved down here to OC, and I see you live in Fullerton. If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask. :)

I don't often check the main page, so this is the first I'm reading of this...I'm at a loss for words.

I am so deeply saddened, Drew, to read of your recent troubles and, of course, what's happened to your wife.

You and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived