LegacyGT.com

My wife is terminaly ill.

Drew888

Just saw this on the front page. I sorrow with you, man! I lost my grandma and sooner or later another one will go. Sometimes it happens sooner than expected. Just remember God has a plan for everything. Nothing happens by chance.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Jesus will give you the peace in midst of the storm. Put your trust in him; he is with you even now. Ill pray for you and your family bro.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew, I'm so sorry to read this thread today. I only met your wife the one time I was there to buy your car, but I left with the feeling that you had a great wife and kids.

I can't imagine your pain, and now the responsibility of raising your kids to adulthood.

Take care, our prayers are with you.

Gator

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• Moderators
I am truly sorry for your loss Drew. Would anyone know how I can donate because when I go to the fundraiser page it says that this fundraiser is not active at this time?

I see the same message :( Will keep an eye out for it to change.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I get the sense he certainly appreciated and really needed the help previously, but that he's probably like a lot of us in that his pride is keeping him from taking anything more and that he has a solution, albeit not ideal.

I get the sense he certainly appreciated and really needed the help previously, but that he's probably like a lot of us in that his pride is keeping him from taking anything more and that he has a solution, albeit not ideal.

Yeah, digging into your 401k is not the best way to go, especially if your not in your 20's (where you have enough time save up again).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I'm sorry for your loss, Drew. My family and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. If someone has anymore info on a way to help Drew out with funds please let us know. I would like to help in some way if possible.

Thank you very much for the support. I have been directly attacked (was told that I was killing my wife) by my wife's sisters because they didn't agree with a couple of my decisions. They then told others and one of those others have lashed out several times. They wanted me to bring her home in a vegetative state and my wife wouldn't want that. The most upsetting is that my daughter read all of it and I have to constantly remind her that they are grieving heavily and not to let it bother her. Someday they'll come around. They also lashed out for asking for money. Filipinos just don't do that. Others are expected to offer (that is their way) but we aren't in the Philippines. No one has come forward. I didn't have a choice. I'm still desperate for it but closed it to get them to back off a bit. Her family didn't lift a finger and it shocked all of us. If I had another way to find a $50k zero interest loan I would have gone that route.

If someone started a gofundme page on our behalf I wouldn't object. Otherwise, you can share my e-mail and send via PP. drew888jones@gmail.com

You guys are the best and I sincerely mean that. I'd like to share the below. It is a link to a 15 min video short from our videographer. After the burial this week, I should have the final shortly after and it'll be closer to 2 hours. A dear friend lost her husband 6 months ago and suggested I hire a videographer. She said it was one of the most treasured items afterward so I had to.

Take Care,

Drew

P.S. The tech support at YouCaring told me they wouldn't remove the site so it will be up for a while.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Don't mind her relatives, non-westernized filipinos tend to be a little... crazy sometimes (Ask me how I know, I am a Filipino who grew up there). That is most likely due to them being hyper-religious and all that, the Philippines being a very religious country.

I am sorry for your loss, don't let their harsh words get to you, and I wish you all the best in the coming months. I am sure you made the right call.

Agree or disagree, sounds like they were not there and you had decisions to make. We all can tell you love your wife deeply and would do anything for her and did what is best for her. That is all they can ask of you. They will have to come around one day. You are there for the kids which is the most important thing at this time. I can completely understand family dynamics, as none are perfect.

Even though we have never met and I am somewhat of a tightwad with money, I was more than happy to help with a donation. This is a time where you need to lean on anyone you can for support, emotionally and financially. At least people on here have nothing but good things to say and are happy to help if they can.

• Moderators
If someone started a gofundme page on our behalf I wouldn't object. Otherwise, you can share my e-mail and send via PP. drew888jones@gmail.com

Money sent, Drew. Use it for whatever you need--bills, ice cream, taking your kids out, whatever. Prayers and best wishes.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 years later...

2 years, 10 months, and 2 days...Hard to imagine. My other threads are archived so I couldn't add to them. It felt weird starting a new thread so here I am. Where to begin.

First of all, I've been active on NASIOC since 2001 so I've been around car forums a long time. There has never been a better community than this one right here. Tied in second place is the SSForums.com where I find myself hanging out occasionally. If Subaru made a car I'd want to buy I'd be here 90% of the time (the 08-09 Spec-B or a lowered OBXT was the best they ever made). Thank you for your support! Getting here, I read through this again and it was tough.

This has to be the abridged version as there is just too much. So I'll keep it as short as I can. Some of my wife's immediate family came around and we're good. Her Mom especially. One sister is sort of ok, a brother never will be, and her other sister back in the Philippines will need several more years unfortunately. My kids are still amazing. Starting with my Son, wait...there is a story here. I got yelled at for taking a vacation a few months after she had passed. They believed that I planned it and I told them she did and why waste it. Some in her family told me she never would have done that because she just didn't make mistakes, ever. This vacation was planned just when school starts. See, my son got accepted to our local state school and yes there would have been a conflict. This is their proof that I arranged the vacation. Thing is, at the last minute he got accepted to UCI which is on a different schedule and we had time to go on this vacation. Proof again that she never made a mistake. She knew he would be accepted and this wasn't a gamble to her. She was so good at everything. So my Son is now starting his 3rd year at UCI.

My daughter had a tougher time of it. She just couldn't recover and get her grades up again. She eventually did but it hit her hard right in the years that colleges evaluated-sophomore/junior years. She graduated HS and is attending the local JC and is doing much better.

August of 2017 I met someone and we wasted no time as life is short. We married last May. She's from the Philippines (been hooked for years, can't see going any other way). We share a loss, she lost her husband. No kids, and we just clicked. It wasn't easy in the beginning. I was walking on rice paper around my kids. It was important that they come around on their time not mine. Today all are good. Son has a long term girl friend and is doing well in school. Will follow his Mom and become a Dentist. He'll graduate with a BIO degree then off to UCSF we hope (Mom's ALMA MATER). Daughter found her calling in Psychology. Not sure where that'll lead but she's driven now and all I could ask for. Both kids get along well with wife #2. They were also warmly accepted by her family. We are looking forward to our first XMas together and it's at our place and we've invited all (could be up to 50). Some family help came through and some investments paid off and we are doing ok.

You guys are the best, really. I'm looking forward to getting a few of you together for a canyon run one of these days. That is if you don't mind a Chevy SS leading the pack :p

I'll leave you with a few pics of the new ride as this is a car forum after all.

(can't do it from work but will later tonight)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived