LegacyGT.com

The Rota rim thread

sc 540i

Definitely thinking of getting the Tarmac II's for my GT (G-Forces wont fit) in Gun Metal metallic, Anyone have pics of that color on a silver GT (year doesnt matter, I just wanna see how it looks with the silver)?

Check the pic in the second post by sc 540i. That's my LGT with the exact rims and car color you're looking for.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
try the smaller Rota Formel's - I couldn't decide between the two. Very similar designs....I saw some on a WRX last weekend...very nice. They would go great on the older GT....similar to the stock 16" mesh wheels, but nicer.

they're 245/35-18 toyo t1-r's. they seem pretty good so far.

on my 97 legact gt, i was running 17"x7" +48mm offset wheels and they were great. depending on offset, 7.5" wide wheels may present a problem.

Apparently they can handle 7.5" wide with a 48mm offset, so I'm going for it and I think I will stick to 17x7.5 instead of 18x7.5

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

try the smaller Rota Formel's - I couldn't decide between the two. Very similar designs....I saw some on a WRX last weekend...very nice. They would go great on the older GT....similar to the stock 16" mesh wheels, but nicer.
Yeah I'm thinking about the Formels too, identical exactly to this GT

http://www.subydude.com/gallery/ul/index.php/600/600/gallery/871_2.jpg

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

does anyone put rota D2 (new wheels) on any LGT yet? I am planning to get 17X8 with 245/35/18 tires

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/imsadb/d2/d2_gold2.jpg

Man, those have to come out in an 18" size! C'Mon ROTA!

and the rear tire will probably rub the rear fender with people in the back. you may have to go with 235.....ask Keefe.

Why would it rub with people in the back? Also, what does the width have to do with it?

The wheel is +48....there shouldn't be any fitmet issues besides not clearing the brakes...

Why would it rub with people in the back? Also, what does the width have to do with it?

The wheel is +48....there shouldn't be any fitmet issues besides not clearing the brakes...

+1...

I was stomped and was not sure how to reply :lol: ...but I agree with you DM...I think the only problem is clearing the brakes, rim width and offset is fine :)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I was going to get one of the first sets of the D2's, until I saw a picture of how close they were to the WRX brakes. After talking with the guys at Suby Dude, we decided there is about a 95% chance they won't clear the Legacy GT brakes.

HOWEVER, they are planning on doing a real test fit soon, and they may find it will clear.

Rota D2s on a bugeye WRX...

attachment.php?attachmentid=10140

You can see how close the clearance is. The caliper is nearly touching where the rim meets the spokes. And with the extra ~1/2" of rotor diameter on the LGT, you can see why there is a very good chance they won't fit.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Does anyone know if there's a way to have Rota wheels refinished to factory fresh appearance? I have some scratches and chips form rocks and I really like these wheels- in lieu of buying them new again, is there an economical way to have them redone?

Archived