LegacyGT.com

The Rota rim thread

sc 540i

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rota D2's in 18x8 5x100 will be coming around mid-November. We have several sets pre-ordered. They'll be +48 and should fit over Legacy brakes just fine.

Formula Mesh are also 18x8, but I don't see a huge problem with running them (with a 225/40R18) on an older BD/BG or BE/BH car. If I get around to it, I'll pull a wheel off my BP and try it on my BG wagon.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Rota D2's in 18x8 5x100 will be coming around mid-November. We have several sets pre-ordered. They'll be +48 and should fit over Legacy brakes just fine.

Formula Mesh are also 18x8, but I don't see a huge problem with running them (with a 225/40R18) on an older BD/BG or BE/BH car. If I get around to it, I'll pull a wheel off my BP and try it on my BG wagon.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Might have to pickup another set of wheels...:cool:

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Dan- that is great news! You made my day. I see a Christmas present to myself...:D

Glad to hear Rota is bringing this great set out in 18". If they got around to doing the G-Force in 18", it might be a tough choice indeed!

Why would it rub with people in the back? Also, what does the width have to do with it?

The wheel is +48....there shouldn't be any fitmet issues besides not clearing the brakes...

I need to roll my rear fenders because 18x8 ET48 with a 245/35/18 absolutely, positively, 100% chance will rub when the back end is loaded down. I loaded up the area behind the seats with top soil, grass seed and manure.....I had to pull the weatherstripping off and go real slow to make it home. Maybe 300lbs back there. I should have layed the seats down and moved the load between the axles, but now I know it's an issue.

Guest *Jedimaster*

Hey, no sarcasm in a post with the word Outback in it. These are serious cars :lol:

I like the powdercoating idea, but wouldn't they have to be sanded down and all with chips, etc fixed first?

nKoan, thanks for that suggestion- it might be the best solution for my needs :)

i've had my wagon loaded down with no rubbing at all. i think it depends on the tire used. not every 245/35-18 is the same width.

I also have Spec B suspension....sits a little lower in the rear to start (but stiffer than stock). Toyo T1R's are 9.6" wide while my F1's are 9.7".

Guest *Jedimaster*
hey jedi,

try these guys, i saw their work at a local car show, looked pretty darn good.

they charge around 75 bucks a wheel and it's a 4-6 day turn around

www.kspowdercoating.com they are in poughkeepsie

Thanks man- I'll check 'em out. BTW, you gonna make the next meet? We need a new thread for the October one. :cool:

yeah lee, very nice!!!!!!!!!!! damn that tint is dark(i see what you mean)

advertisement plug***

if anyone in the tri-state area needs their car tinted.......def go see lee in jersey. He did my car today....WOW SHE LOOKS SEXY....he did a superb job on the car and he is a very nice person. it's nice to have nice people work on your car!!!!! 2 THUMBS UP FOR LEE

I need to roll my rear fenders because 18x8 ET48 with a 245/35/18 absolutely, positively, 100% chance will rub when the back end is loaded down. I loaded up the area behind the seats with top soil, grass seed and manure.....I had to pull the weatherstripping off and go real slow to make it home. Maybe 300lbs back there. I should have layed the seats down and moved the load between the axles, but now I know it's an issue.

You're a wagon.

Archived