LegacyGT.com

HID install - XenonDepot Philips 4300k

the problem with installing HID kits is that there are very FEW that are DOT approved. Police officers can go as far as to tow your car for illegal lighting if they wanted to. The legal way to do it is to get the HID light housings from a 3.6R or other model with the HID light option.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after doing the tests last night I didn't see what a lot of people have. They weren't blinding me or my friend. And yes I know they aren't legal but I'm not going to worry about it. If it does become a problem then I will fix the problem. I'm also sure that 99% of the people on this site have something illegal on their car so I find it funny people bring it up on this thread. And that is not a shot at you YeuEmMaiMai

the problem with installing HID kits is that there are very FEW that are DOT approved. Police officers can go as far as to tow your car for illegal lighting if they wanted to. The legal way to do it is to get the HID light housings from a 3.6R or other model with the HID light option.

Since 4300k is the typical stock HID color and 5000k-6000k is the typical stock LED color, if you're in that range nobody would be able to tell unless they looked under the hood.

No cop will pull you over for speculation of HID kits in projectors if they are aimed correctly. If you're talking about a riced out Civic with reflectors and an obnoxious output than that's another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any reason why my left light would be casting a triangle'sh pattern and the right isn't and fades properly?

Swap sides with the bulbs - if it's a bulb alignment issue it should appear on the right, if it's a projector issue it'll stay on the left.

Swap sides with the bulbs - if it's a bulb alignment issue it should appear on the right, if it's a projector issue it'll stay on the left.

Huge huge thanks man!!! Seriously- it ended up being the bulb- the projector was fine. Was worried since both of my projectors have prints and one is yellow'sh and a chip in the middle. Looked at 3-4 Legacy on lot and they were all like that- mmm no QC on USDM Subarus it seems-

Thanks again and glad it was the bulb doing that wierd pattern!!!

• 1 month later...

Removed my kit this past week in favor of an RX350 bi-xenon retrofit. It served me well for the past year and some, but since I was cracking my headlights open for the Diode Dynamics C-lights I figured might as well go all out.

My kit is now for sale in the 6th gen classifieds thread if anyone is interested in it:cool:

• 1 month later...
Late to the thread but I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading to HIDs and finally pulled the trigger on the XD 4300 Phillips kit. Can't wait to get it and install. It's crazy that we don't have to use the included relays. Just to be clear, it's literally (1) install the bulbs; (2) mount the ballast; and (3) plug the bulbs into the ballast and the original harness to the ballast? If so, that's extremely easy. Thanks again for the awesome thread on the XD kit. Can't wait to install!

Late to the thread but I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading to HIDs and finally pulled the trigger on the XD 4300 Phillips kit. Can't wait to get it and install. It's crazy that we don't have to use the included relays. Just to be clear, it's literally (1) install the bulbs; (2) mount the ballast; and (3) plug the bulbs into the ballast and the original harness to the ballast? If so, that's extremely easy. Thanks again for the awesome thread on the XD kit. Can't wait to install!

It would be that simple! But to clarify, you can't connect the ballast directly into your factory harness unless it's a 9006 connector. We provide a trigger wire with our HID bulbs to allow you to connect the ballast to your factory harness where other style connectors are required.

Just follow the steps @The Grey Goose posted :)

- Danny

Awesome! Thanks @The Grey Goose and @XenonDepot.. In the beginning of the week, I got an email stating that the Phillips bulbs were out of stock and not due in until next week. But to my surprised, just got an email with tracking information.. Looking forward to installing them this weekend. Thanks again guys...

No problem! You'll absolutely love them. My recommendation is to try and mark on the wall with some tape where your stock cutoff is, then re-aim the HIDs once installed. I had to lower mine just a smidge because I didn't want to risk blinding anyone. It's SUPER easy if you haven't done it before. If you want to know how, let me know and I'll snap a pic of what to adjust.

Not sure about this but I would think it's the same I had hids on my old car Chevy and without the realys my hid would flicker and stuff like that long story short without the realys after 1 year it finally fried my dimmer switch and all the wiring was melted and had no lights at all that's why I would use the realys just saying factory wiring is always small

Not sure about this but I would think it's the same I had hids on my old car Chevy and without the realys my hid would flicker and stuff like that long story short without the realys after 1 year it finally fried my dimmer switch and all the wiring was melted and had no lights at all that's why I would use the realys just saying factory wiring is always small

There are various factors to this.

- The age of the vehicle may have had something to do with this.

- If a ballast is not low draw (Our Xtreme and Volt ballast are both low draw)

- Some vehicles do need the relay harness and some also need a canbus because of the lighting system they may have.

None of these apply with the Legacy.

Danny

I had a wrong post. Anyway I'm wanting to pull the trigger on LED's but having a hard time deciding. Been reading through the post to decide my best option.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk