LegacyGT.com

HID install - XenonDepot Philips 4300k

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Can someone confirm if we can omit installation of the pwm anti-flicker modules like we can the relays? It came with my Xenon Depot kit but don't remember anyone ever mentioning them. Thanks!

The PWM canbus module is not required for the Legacy if you don't have anytime running lights one the same light.

Danny

• 2 years later...
Any reason why my left light would be casting a triangle'sh pattern and the right isn't and fades properly?

wow not to bring back an old thread but both of mine display that triangle'ish pattern. Aside that I found the output pretty pencil like and not very smooth under the cutoff. It made me think that these HID kits just plane suck in our cars.

*edit photo

374363976_PXL_20210207_0653525142.thumb.jpg.0e558a9c299beb64b5f30b3bae0f1842.jpg

Edited by crucialcolin

It made me think that these HID kits just plane suck in our cars.

There's a reason that government regulators (USDOT, ECE, etc.) require that headlights be certified as a complete optical system: light source, reflector, lens, etc. You can't just change one component (e.g. the light source) and expect acceptable results. The optical characteristics of different light sources ... halogen, HID, and LED ... are totally different, even though their external dimensions may appear to be identical. That's why all retrofits are illegal for street use.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I do find it odd that both of mine look like senfinger's left light. If it looked like the right which fades properly I could be happy with it. In senfinger's case it turned out to be a bad bulb.

Apparently Xenon Depot changed their bulb base design recently. Something to do a potential for DRL issues in another manufacture's vehicles.

Well now that I thought about it more most likely I got two bad bulbs from Xenon Depot.

I cant find the triangle effect in any Subie or Toyota install reviews regardless of bulb manufacture. They all seem to have a smooth enough hotspot in front of the vehicle :/

They also sent me a faulty ballast in the kit that needs to be replaced anyways. I sent them an email Friday but haven't yet received a response.

*edit will probably just return everything if I don't hear from them tomorrow.

Edited by crucialcolin