More pictures.

Top of connector (leave alone):

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/b18f48b8c14f97af7a23eb5ddeab7e00.jpg

Bottom of connector (cut off piece shown):

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160420/dc212c40d76356c9f5be4fee0c086202.jpg

Edited by rhino6303

• 4 weeks later...

@ rhino6303

could you measure the width and heignt of the connector body? or maybe the tabs/blades? trying to source thru Mouser and i've narrowed it down. my TGV connectors aren't as accessible as i assume yours is.

thanks!

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

@ rhino6303

could you measure the width and heignt of the connector body? or maybe the tabs/blades? trying to source thru Mouser and i've narrowed it down. my TGV connectors aren't as accessible as i assume yours is.

thanks!

Sorry for the poor quality. These are the pictures I was able to grab. Hopefully these will suffice.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160517/f06b49e949e98b1b9d113eb56080fc04.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq356/rhino6303/14635295706992.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq356/rhino6303/20160517_170132_1.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq356/rhino6303/tmpPhoto.jpg

Edited by rhino6303

• 3 weeks later...

damn. i just went and looked at mine and remembered that it's an 08+ so i have both the sensor and the motor on the same side, meaning i don't have a 3 prong plug, i have a 5 or 6 (i didn't count, only looked enough to realize i need a different connector...:spin:).

it did look like the MAF connector is the same as the old 3 prong TGV connector though.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

• 2 weeks later...

So I had an interesting result after getting everything wired up and in place. Innovate LC-2. Cigarette light power, signal to passenger TGV set up exactly as Rhino's and ground to the engine harness bracket on the passenger side. Free air calibration done just fine.

I entered the attached pic as a base into the app. I knew it would likely need tweaking, so this was just a starting point

With the key on, BtSsm reported AFR of 7.3. Good so far, I wouldn't expect any signal with the engine off. When I turned the car on, the gauge quickly fluctuated between 10.2 and 13.2. Essentially 1 and 2 volts exactly. Then the gauge shot to 100 and stayed there. Hmmm, no, that's not right.

So I created another gauge that would hopefully read just the volts and not attempt to turn it into an AFR. Same thing, quick jumping back and forth between 1 and 2 volts, then 100.

First thing I'll do it probably run a ground directly to the battery just to be safe. Then unplug the TGV harness before starting the car again. I saw the sensor is programmable, but I wouldn't expect it to need this kind of tweaking.

Before trying to go through the app again I'll verify the laptop connection sees something useful from the LC-2. The only reason I'm installing it is for logging, so I'll use the laptop as a control for now.

Any other thoughts?

Edit: Just checked the log. Turns out, raw volts was shooting up to high 130s, and was starting to settle around 125. I had set the gauge max to 100 as seen in the attachment.

Edit part deux: After much plugging and unplugging, romraider will log ECU parameters and the LC-2. No idea what I did to make it work on the laptop, as it hasn't worked about 60% of the time. I think it's got to do with my order of plugging things in and turning things on.

2047026762_QuickMemo_2016-06-12-12-41-20.thumb.jpg.0e7009eb35361ef3100ca95dbfa6cac5.jpg

Edited by seanyb505

So I had an interesting result after getting everything wired up and in place. Innovate LC-2. Cigarette light power, signal to passenger TGV set up exactly as Rhino's and ground to the engine harness bracket on the passenger side. Free air calibration done just fine.

I entered the attached pic as a base into the app. I knew it would likely need tweaking, so this was just a starting point

With the key on, BtSsm reported AFR of 7.3. Good so far, I wouldn't expect any signal with the engine off. When I turned the car on, the gauge quickly fluctuated between 10.2 and 13.2. Essentially 1 and 2 volts exactly. Then the gauge shot to 100 and stayed there. Hmmm, no, that's not right.

So I created another gauge that would hopefully read just the volts and not attempt to turn it into an AFR. Same thing, quick jumping back and forth between 1 and 2 volts, then 100.

First thing I'll do it probably run a ground directly to the battery just to be safe. Then unplug the TGV harness before starting the car again. I saw the sensor is programmable, but I wouldn't expect it to need this kind of tweaking.

Before trying to go through the app again I'll verify the laptop connection sees something useful from the LC-2. The only reason I'm installing it is for logging, so I'll use the laptop as a control for now.

Any other thoughts?

Edit: Just checked the log. Turns out, raw volts was shooting up to high 130s, and was starting to settle around 125. I had set the gauge max to 100 as seen in the attachment.

Edit part deux: After much plugging and unplugging, romraider will log ECU parameters and the LC-2. No idea what I did to make it work on the laptop, as it hasn't worked about 60% of the time. I think it's got to do with my order of plugging things in and turning things on.

I believe your equation should have (x/50) instead of just x.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can I use the Cobb ap to log wide band after I setup my btssm to read my af. I have the aem uego failsafe plus gauge

As long as you have the wideband connected to your tgv and you can create a custom address to log with the ap, it will work.

OK I'm seriously stuck! I've read and re read this whole thread and others but I am still confused as to to the proper way to hook up my afr gauge to my tgv.

First where do I get my switched power from?

Second I run my ground to the battery harness?

Third I need to use the drivers side tgv input because my wiring from my gauge won't reach the passenger side and I don't want to extend my wiring.

Forth I don't know the color code for what the wires are on my tgv plug.

I haven't even tackled the programming of either my btssm or my ap to use the wideband because I can't figure this damn wiring out. Lol but I can put a motor together haha

Cam someone please help me out?

OK I'm seriously stuck! I've read and re read this whole thread and others but I am still confused as to to the proper way to hook up my afr gauge to my tgv.

Third I need to use the drivers side tgv input because my wiring from my gauge won't reach the passenger side and I don't want to extend my wiring.

I haven't even tackled the programming of either my btssm or my ap to use the wideband because I can't figure this damn wiring out. Lol but I can put a motor together haha

Do you have the wideband controller? You need to have a 0-5 volt signal from the wideband controller to the tgv.

BTW, Jason at http://flexconverter.com/collections/subaru has the plugs to fit the TGV harness connectors now. They're not on the store but he will sell them with pins and seals for US$8 each.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

BTW, Jason at http://flexconverter.com/collections/subaru has the plugs to fit the TGV harness connectors now. They're not on the store but he will sell them with pins and seals for US$8 each.

Are these exact fit for the 3 wire tgv?

I have a 3 wire male fitting that works but isn't an exact fit. You can see solution earlier in this thread.

No, they're for the later 5-pin TGV motor and sensor combined.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

No I don't have the controller I've got the aem gauge with the 4.9 sensor. I thought that I didn't need the controller? It goes from the sensor to the gauge then to the tgv plug harness then from there to the ecu where I convert the formulas for the btssm to read and log

I added some comments below to the TGV-specific questions. But as Rhino mentioned, it's important that you only wire up a 0-5V output from your uego to your TGV input.

That's fine, you can use either side. When setting up BtSsm the address is 000034 for left (driver side) tgv input, or 000033 for right (passenger side) tgv input.

Please see this post that shows a picture of which wire to use on the drivers side.

Once you get it wired up, we can help further to get BtSsm set up to display and log your AFR.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Damn, I wish I had known about that 5-pin connector last winter. I hacked off the tgv connector and soldered the input to the factory harness. not that it really matters I guess, this car will never run tgv's again.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

No I don't have the controller I've got the aem gauge with the 4.9 sensor. I thought that I didn't need the controller? It goes from the sensor to the gauge then to the tgv plug harness then from there to the ecu where I convert the formulas for the btssm to read and log

That's fine. I believe in the case of AEM wideband failsafe gauge 30-4900, the gauge is the controller. The 0-5V output from that appears to be in the 16 pin connector, specifically pin #15, which is a white wire.

aemwbo2.png.71c4803a726d0cd68aeda2be77402332.png

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

I know others are fond of running wires out into the engine bay to connect directly to the TGV plug, but that's not really necessary. I did my wiring at the ECU - plenty of wire on the FailSafe harness for that.

http://i.imgur.com/LKTJdj5l.jpg

I pulled power from the cigarette lighter plug. I grounded to my ECU bracket - you can see it in the pic.

I've attached the relevant pages from the service manual again to illustrate.

Pun intended? :lol:

2005 Legacy GT Service Manual TGV.pdf