LegacyGT.com

BMB's '97 Outback Sport 2.2L

• Moderators

Well. I replaced the plugs because they were cruddy. I also replaced the ignition coil, on the hunch that maybe a circuit was going bad as the car heats up. No dice, still stalls out while idling in the driveway.

I've found a couple instances of people replacing the MAF to fix a similar issue. Anyone have a decent line on finding a used / replacement MAF?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well. I replaced the plugs because they were cruddy. I also replaced the ignition coil, on the hunch that maybe a circuit was going bad as the car heats up. No dice, still stalls out while idling in the driveway.

I've found a couple instances of people replacing the MAF to fix a similar issue. Anyone have a decent line on finding a used / replacement MAF?

Vacuum leak, coolant temp sensor, idle air control valve or maf.

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators

I sold this car this weekend. Is was great, but in rapid succession I bought a fairly new truck that is deemed extremely reliable and the '97 sounds like the exhaust manifold finally gave up the ghost and cracked. I paid $700 for the car, $150 for 2 sets of wheels with all seasons / winter tires, $75 for an axle, $100 in miscellaneous parts, and probably $150 or so for the timing kit.

Sold the car for $800, disclosing everything I knew was possibly wrong with it.

So all in, I drove the car for about a year and a half for about $400 plus the cost of gas and some fluids. It never left me stranded and I sold it with a clean conscious. I may well keep an eye out for some cleaner 2.2s down the road, it was an enjoyable car to drive.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived