LegacyGT.com

VF52 swap in my 2005 LGT with 105k, Questions...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a VF52 installed with the stock tgv system still. It's tight but it still fits. You might try to keep all of the bolts (manifold to up/up to block/turbo to up) loose when installing and then doing the final torque.

It might just be worth it to remove the system altogether and do tgv deletes though at this point.

Slightly Modified the bracket under the coolant reservoir to give my turbo a little more distance from the sensor and so far it seems to be working great.

Picked up a used sensor from my buddy with an 05' STi and my car is now running great with no codes. Waiting for all the smoke from stuff spilled to go away to just make sure there are no leaks anywhere.... so far so good

Thank you to everyone who has been giving me great advice!!

started the car this morning...

what do you know, I have a new code

P2009: Intake manifold runner control circuit low (Bank 1).

like wtf!!

My car drove perfect last night

it is now idling rough, about to stall, even after clearing the code it has yet to appear, still having issues though.

TGV Deletes seeming like the only option right now

Anyone know what this code means and why its different from the p2006 code?

I did unplug the battery for that... you really think it causes that

It does for me. Drive's like crap for the first 20-30 minutes and feels like it wants to stall / almost stalls.

If I try and bounce the RPMs they drop down to 500 ish.

If you can take it for a drive and see if it starts to run smoother.

It does for me. Drive's like crap for the first 20-30 minutes and feels like it wants to stall / almost stalls.

If I try and bounce the RPMs they drop down to 500 ish.

If you can take it for a drive and see if it starts to run smoother.

Ill go take it for a cruise, thanks

Went on a 40+ mile cruise tonight car drove really nice, no codes.

Currently running a tune from Tuning Alliance and the car has definitely gained a decent amount of power with the new turbo and drives very smooth

Sent my first set of logs so hopefully with revisions the car will run even better

Has anyone had luck modifying the stock turbo heat shield to fit a VF52 and an aftermarket DP?

Went on a 40+ mile cruise tonight car drove really nice, no codes.

Currently running a tune from Tuning Alliance and the car has definitely gained a decent amount of power with the new turbo and drives very smooth

Sent my first set of logs so hopefully with revisions the car will run even better

Has anyone had luck modifying the stock turbo heat shield to fit a VF52 and an aftermarket DP?

I have. I just took my sheet metal shears and cut away. Then I checked fitment and cut again; continue process until it fits right. I pretty much only have the top two and one side bolt holding it on. Never had any issues. Keep in mind I also use a ptp lava turbo blanket. The worst cut out is for the wastegate actuator arm.

What are you goals? Why do you want more? How's the suspension of your car doing?

To have a well performing and well maintained daily driver. I figured my oem tmic now has 110k miles on it and with a new turbo and tune i might as well look for one that will perform better. I don't so much want or need more. Mainly just want the car to be healthier and run with less stress on it, and if Aftermarket Performance parts will achieve this i def wont mind the performance gains.

My suspension is all stock, and the car still rides pretty nice, I tend to find myself in situations where i say to myself, "well if i had a lowered car id be f***ed right now." So until my suspension gives me issues it will most likely remain stock.

Although i would love to find a set of STi Pink Springs.

Archived