LegacyGT.com

VF52 swap in my 2005 LGT with 105k, Questions...

Code has to do with the passenger side tgvs stuck open.

First things first. Check and make sure that the actuator on the front side of the passenger side runners on the intake manifold is plugged in. Check the same for the sensor on the back side. Make sure the pins on the actuator and the sensor are not bent.

Check to see if you have pinched any of the harness for the actuator and the sensor.

Since you just did the turbo, I'm hoping its just something simple like that.

Next check the sensor with the access port, it should be close to what the driver side shows, should show + - 1* compared to driver side.

Good luck!

everything looks good to me, well this sucks

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/06/ea77ee414894febf627e26896a41b367.jpg

These are the connections you are talking about right?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just remembered the bracket the coolant reservoir is mounted to has 3 bolts, these

TGV sensors seem to be somewhat attached to this bracket as well. I could only get the top two bolts back in the bracket but it was so tight I wasn't worried about the bottom one.

Any chance this bottom bolt not being in could be causing an error with these parts?

everything looks good to me, well this sucks

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/06/ea77ee414894febf627e26896a41b367.jpg

These are the connections you are talking about right?

The circled one at the bottom of the picture is the actuator. There should also be a connector at the opposite end of the intake manifold. That would be the sensor. Same spot, but on the back side of the intake manifold.. Its going to b kinda hidden back there, lots going on with the coolant hoses for the turbo, turbo inlet hose, pcv hoses..

The circled one in the middle looks like ocv connecter or fuel injector.

Circled One on the top is an injector.

As for the bolt being loose, doubt it would affect it.

The circled one at the bottom of the picture is the actuator. There should also be a connector at the opposite end of the intake manifold. That would be the sensor. Same spot, but on the back side of the intake manifold.. Its going to b kinda hidden back there, lots going on with the coolant hoses for the turbo, turbo inlet hose, pcv hoses..

The circled one in the middle looks like ocv connecter or fuel injector.

Circled One on the top is an injector.

As for the bolt being loose, doubt it would affect it.

people say try spraying wd40 in these connections, do you agree?

I also have DeoxIT D5 for electric connections

Cleared code, came right back, rough idle, almost stalling when giving it some gas, im not sure what live data I should choose on the AP to compare, I did both TGV options everything matched up....

Tried my old stage 2 tune just to see what happened real quick, same code...

Cleared code, came right back, rough idle, almost stalling when giving it some gas, im not sure what live data I should choose on the AP to compare, I did both TGV options everything matched up....

Tried my old stage 2 tune just to see what happened real quick, same code...

Almost stalling after clearing the code is normal. Some cars even stall as the ECU relearns.

Don't worry about I appreciate any input, one idea can spark another so it's not necessarily unhelpful,

Thinking of starting a new thread since my problem seems to be no longer related to my turbo swap

Well it looks like I found my problem....

Need to replace this sensor

just wondering how I'm going to reinstall the turbo and avoid making the same mistake, seems like when my turbo is tight in place it's always going to make contact with this part...

Any ideas??

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/07/39f5ff5639e2bc410130624847d2cd95.jpg

Part Number: 22633AA210 is what needs to be replaced

My friend might have one of these off his 05' STi, the part should be the same.... can anyone verify this?

I was thinking of maybe fabricating a bracket to replace the one holding my Up-Pipe away from the engine. If I could get it to give my turbo about 1/4" more distance from the sensor I would be golden. For right now that is my only idea to make this work without spending the money to do TGV deletes.

Open to any other ideas! Wouldn't have been able to get this far without your guys help

Contact Dispatch20 he has a VF52 and he's removed it a couple of times recently. GL

Recent post: Oh crap. I installed the rebuilt VF52 and it ran seemingly well for 2 days and 40 miles. No issues and the datalogs looked good. I even drove it to work today with no issue.

But I started it up to go home from work and it is burning oil like a champ from the very beginning. It puts out a solid cloud out the exhaust the entire time I limped home (7 minute drive) in this blizzard.

I've got TGV deletes so I can't help much here with the interference! I have plenty of clearance there. I also have an aftermarket GS uppipe which could possibly add a little extra room. You're only hitting by a very small amount.

My issue was the Crawford AOS.

Archived