LegacyGT.com

VF52 swap in my 2005 LGT with 105k, Questions...

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( Happened in December, insurance totaled her... There was only a $450 difference between them towing the car away for good or getting to keep her as is with a salvage title.

I originally chose to keep her but still haven't filled out the paperwork to get the check from insurance. I would like to drive this car again someday but I'm not sure I will ever have make it happen.. What do you guys think? Let her roll off to junkyard and take the extra money or cover her up and hope to someday get her back up and running ?

Thanks again to everyone who helped out during the turbo swap and misc. projects... Would not have been able to enjoy the car as much as I did without your help.

I bought another Legacy for the time being... a 2010 3.6R Limited.

019b9bcfad421f49cf9c009fdff67199.jpg950bba356251d83cc5167993f6dbcb2a.jpg

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Damn, sorry to see that.

If the top radiator support is not bent it may be worth fixing with junk yard parts. Looks like a lot of bolt on stuff.

Have you spoken with a body shop ?

In Jan my wagon got hit, it was totaled but my buddy who owns the body shop said it was fixable "under contract" so the car would keep its clean title. Cost me $230 dollars to get it back better then it was before.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I believe it is bent, Not severely though.. I will lift the hood and take some pictures today or tomorrow to share.. The car has a lot of great stuff in it, It's so hard to let go of!!

Just like it reads, the car is not totaled so I don't have a salvage title. Some states allow it I guess some don't.

The insurance give me 70% of the value of the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If it were mine I'd fix it as long as the title was not converted to salvage.

Unfortunately, It was ruled a total loss and would have salvage title/rebuilt title and apparently Florida is pretty strict about this? would have never guess by all the Piece of Shit vehicles I see on the road down here.

I am torn but I think I need to let it go... :(

Theres a nice IHI VF52 turbo, CNT Catted Downpipe & Invidia Up-Pipe in there.

Under 15k miles on the South Bend Stage 2 Clutch & WRX Flywheel :( Just had the whole transmission serviced in March 2017 :(

Super clean interior other than the driver seat leather wear...

DAMN!!! Im gonna miss it :(

guess I should un-marry the Cobb AP and get it boxed up for sale..

Sorry to see that. I'd try to fix it too, if it wasn't a salvage title. It looks like it's just the radiator support and body work. It would be a good excuse to swap for n 08-09 front end.

If the insurance is going to take it away, put up a FS post, and try to swap out as much as you can to recoup some of your aftermarket costs. Insurance only cares that there's a turbo there, they won't check if it's a VF-52 or a 40/46 with shaft play. Same with the exhaust/clutch/whatever other parts you spent money on. It's a bit of work, but it's worth it if you're taking on the expense of another car.

Sorry to see that. I'd try to fix it too, if it wasn't a salvage title. It looks like it's just the radiator support and body work. It would be a good excuse to swap for n 08-09 front end.

If the insurance is going to take it away, put up a FS post, and try to swap out as much as you can to recoup some of your aftermarket costs. Insurance only cares that there's a turbo there, they won't check if it's a VF-52 or a 40/46 with shaft play. Same with the exhaust/clutch/whatever other parts you spent money on. It's a bit of work, but it's worth it if you're taking on the expense of another car.

Unfortunately, It would have rebuilt title once back on the road... If I could keep the repairs under $2,000 I would consider it... My motor has 170k on it and It would be a tough investment to make or even consider.. Gotta be realistic about what it would be worth re-sale someday after its running again.. Can't image I would ever get more than $3,000.

I like the idea of swapping out parts but to be honest I just dont have the time or right set up to be tackling that project...

Archived