LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Volume-3 (CLOSED)

SBT

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I figured it was a race engine but I wouldn't have guessed 55, more like 35-40. Impressive.

Impressive if true. I only had his word for it, but the word at the time was that highly built 125 kart motors were reaching 50-55 hp at the time. But it may have been motorbuilder BS. I read an article about Wayne Rainey running superkarts with 250cc motors that made 85hp. And those guys had a few dollars to spend, so you know...

Whatever that motor actually had, it scared the crap out of me but left me giggling all the same. :lol:

Impressive if true. I only had his word for it, but the word at the time was that highly built 125 kart motors were reaching 50-55 hp at the time. But it may have been motorbuilder BS. I read an article about Wayne Rainey running superkarts with 250cc motors that made 85hp. And those guys had a few dollars to spend, so you know...

Whatever that motor actually had, it scared the crap out of me but left me giggling all the same. :lol:

I would imagine so, my dirtbike has 55hp and weighs 230lbs and that thing has made me say holy S$%^ more than once.

I would imagine so, my dirtbike has 55hp and weighs 230lbs and that thing has made me say holy S$%^ more than once.

Squirt across the ground with your butt 1 inch above the road. It gives you a sense of speed. For a few years, we had a race at the South Bend airport 9/11 shut it down but before that, getting your kart 10 100mph before the big hairpin turn was really hairy.

My best memory,though, was of Bobby Rahal walking past my friend's pit with his teen son Graham. My buddy had just come off the track and stripped down to his tighty whiteys on a 95 degree day. He was just exhausted in his fold old chair and Rahal walked by with his son. Bobby just laughed and said "Ah, the good old days." :lol:

Weird Crystal Can Absorb All The Oxygen In A Room -- And Then Release It Later

Researchers from the University of Southern Denmark say they’ve invented a crystal that pulls oxygen out of the air and even water. Apparently, just a spoonful of the stuff can suck up all the oxygen in a room.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/weird-crystal-can-absorb-all-oxygen-room-and-then-release-it-later?dom=PSC&loc=topstories&con=weird-crystal-can-absorb-all-the-oxygen-in-a-room-and-then-release-it-later

453747.png

Radioactive emission of Uranium visible to naked eye in a cloud chamber.

Very cool - along a similar line, I love pics taken from reactor cores when they are moving fuel about (the glow is called Cerenkov radiation - caused by electrons moving at faster than the speed of light in water resulting in light emission)

2PUR-1.jpg.8123c01453dbe8c6122249d946d75c6a.jpg

Very cool - along a similar line, I love pics taken from reactor cores when they are moving fuel about (the glow is called Cerenkov radiation - caused by electrons moving at faster than the speed of light in water resulting in light emission)

not exactly...

not exactly...

Well - it's particles (not only electrons) that moves faster than the speed of light in the medium that they move (in this case water) - not faster than the speed of light in vacuum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherenkov_radiation

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/87/Cherenkov_radiation-animation.gif/220px-Cherenkov_radiation-animation.gif

453747.png

Archived