LegacyGT.com

Wind noise "buzzing" from front passenger window.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I finally received a call from dealer here in DE. He ordered my kit (which includes materials for the drivers and passengers side). It takes approx 1 week to get ( it's been 5 days now). He is going to install the kit and do my first old change in the same appointment. I'll keep this forum informed by reposting comments next week.

Unfortunately I am the first at my dealership. My car is down and will be for sometime. It was my front passenger door and the kit that came in was for rear door. They had already taken my car apart. Frustrating but I have a Legacy as a loaner though. Cannot blame dealer, but I am VERY disappointed as a first time Subaru owner. This incident has cost me time and money. I live 60 miles away from dealer. I probably should have spent the extra money and bought that certified Mercedes C class, but I felt I was getting more car with Legacy. I hope this is not going to be the forerunner to more defects and extended times in the shop.

I mentioned to my dealership couple months back and seems like they have already known the issue. They said they will order the fix kit to solve the problem.

However, it has been couple months, so I checked back with them along with my gas cap problem, answer from dealer is SOA have not releasing the kit yet, advise me to ask SOA directly....

I'm not sure I should go through this steps since the music covered the wind noise...

Just show or send them information.

Posted today (5 Dec 2014) on the <b>Subaru Technical Information</b> web site:<br />

<br />

<b>Service Bulletin # 12-176-14</b><br />

<br />

<b>Bulletin Description: </b>This bulletin provides a service procedure to address customer concerns of a wind rushing-type sound which seems to come from the front door glass sash area. Customers may report a concern with one or both front doors. It is only necessary to address the side with the confirmed condition. The door glass sash separates the main door glass from the small partition glass on each door. The procedure involves replacement of the front door glass run channel (weatherstrip), partition glass/weatherstrip, sash and both the inner and outer door glass weatherstrips (sweeps). In addition, two pre-cut pieces of self-adhesive EPT foam, 1 piece of non-woven tape (will be cut into 3 pieces) and 1 piece of butyl (adhesive rubber) sealing material will be added in specific locations.<br />

<br />

<i>Information contained in any technical </i><i>document found on the STIS web site should only be used as reference material for highly trained automotive technicians. Only automotive technicians have the training and the special tools/equipment to repair Subaru vehicles.<br />

<br />

</i>12-176-14

COUNTERMEASURE IN PRODUCTION<br />

Countermeasures were incorporated into production on October 10, 2014 starting with the following<br />

VINs: F3028031 (LEGACY) and F3243546 (OUTBACK)<br/>

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Nice...lucky man. Glad to hear it's fixed.

I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for my dealer to get the parts...only 2 door kits arrived...waiting on the rear door kits to arrive. My issue is not the 'triangle' window...mine wind/noise issue is around the rounded corner near to your left ear as you drive....the other doors are the same. I guess whichever vendor made the weather stripping screwed up. Mechanic said at high speeds the weather stripping is 'flattening' causing the noise...good times. :)

Hey guys; just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.

When having this warranty work don't be sure to check your doors and door panel afterwards.

I had my passenger side done yesterday and inspected if after the completed it and noticed that the door panel and door itself was damaged. The tech must have used a metal object because my doors are scrapped down to bare metal on a few locations and also the door trim is bent in a few locations.

While they are small issues they were not existent when my vehicle went in for this service and it upsets me that my car wasn't treated with care during this TSB service.

Going in on Monday to meet with the dealer GM and Service Manager.

Here are some photos:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/24/09a53d97359f6a3e81d2ba8c916aab7a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/24/4184731076ffc29ab378eff258aa0e2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Guest rayms69
always inspect after they are done, my guy was using a nice set of panel tools, plastic. They are already being warned before F$%^ing my sh!t up, they are great

always inspect after they are done, my guy was using a nice set of panel tools, plastic. They are already being warned before F$%^ing my sh!t up, they are great

Yeah I did just didn't have time to run back in as the tint place was closing. Sent SOA an email 20 minutes after though.

Guest rayms69
Yeah I know you checked it, good catch, why would they do that? Have the dealership cover that fix, u deserve the full hook up for that garbage. There are sweet trim tools for not destroying ur car. They need to up there professionalism in that service department

Yeah idk how I would feel about having anything repainted but we shall see what options are available. I better get some other type of compensation if they are gonna be tearing my car apart to repaint the door that they messed up on. The panel will have to be replaced too; minor again but still shouldn't have happened.

Make sure any paint job gets documented with SOA !! 2 Altimas ago, I took it in for first free oil change at dealer. Silver car. A hole tech swung door hard into the car lift pole which was the color blue. I watched it happen. He also continued to bang the door multiple times into pole as he kept getting into and out of car. Long story short, they had to get ding out and repaint my whole door. Three years later, bottom of door started rusting! Filed a claim with nissan, they came out to check car and did a magnetic pull away pen test. Based on reading they got, they claimed I've had the whole car painted and they denied my rust claim!!! They didn't have on record that only door had been fixed by dealer and dealer "lost" that paperwork.

they can fix it in the body shop

Make sure any paint job gets documented with SOA !! 2 Altimas ago, I took it in for first free oil change at dealer. Silver car. A hole tech swung door hard into the car lift pole which was the color blue. I watched it happen. He also continued to bang the door multiple times into pole as he kept getting into and out of car. Long story short, they had to get ding out and repaint my whole door. Three years later, bottom of door started rusting! Filed a claim with nissan, they came out to check car and did a magnetic pull away pen test. Based on reading they got, they claimed I've had the whole car painted and they denied my rust claim!!! They didn't have on record that only door had been fixed by dealer and dealer "lost" that paperwork.

Yeah prob won't have the whole door repainted; I will prob have them touch up the effected areas with tough up paint and make sure it is smooth with the rest of the paint on the door (no bumps or ruff edges). I'll also more than likely have them replace the entire door panel which I will also inspect underneath for damage I can't see and see if paint was damaged their or not.

SOA should already know about it as I sent and Emailing documenting the damage 20 minutes after I left to the case manager I was talking to regarding the wind noise issue.

As far as a paper trail though I will make sure they note damaged was cause by tech during TSB service and also note the actions they took. I keep all my paper works for cars so even if they "lost" it I will have it.

Keep us posted! Sucks to have to deal with that - sorry man!

Took it to the dealer; they are taking full responsibility for it and are ordering me a new door panel. They said they would paint the inside door however I don't want to take it to that extreme just yet. Told them to try touch up paint first and see how it comes out. If I don't like how it comes out then I'm gonna have them just repaint the inner door.

Paperwork address all my concerns and has them taking responsibility for the damage.

Archived