LegacyGT.com

Wind noise "buzzing" from front passenger window.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wonder if that is what is happening with mine, there is a wierd hiss while moving at speed... have been trying to pin it down. Not bad just annoying enough for me to hear it.

You can test to see if it is by sealing the edges of both of the small front quarter windows with blue painter's tape.

Exact same issue here, 2015 Legacy. Dealer said there is no service bulletin but they have seen the issue before. They are ordering a new triangle window and will replace it when the new one comes in.

The glass portion is what they are ordering for you? http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/fbd5054e3187ec0a05c7a375ce910156.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

The glass portion is what they are ordering for you?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the part they said they're ordering. Not sure if it needs a whole new one, but either way, hopefully they will re-seal or do whatever needs to be done to fix the issue.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the part they said they're ordering. Not sure if it needs a whole new one, but either way, hopefully they will re-seal or do whatever needs to be done to fix the issue.

Well that sucks; guess I'll hold off on my tints. I'm dropping my car off tomorrow to the dealer for this issue.

Well that sucks; guess I'll hold off on my tint. I'm dropping my car off tomorrow to the dealer for this issue.

I fixed it for you (my pet peeve)

Well got my car back; the tech called the SOA tech line and was informed that it is a known issue and Subaru is currently working on a fix however right now they do not know what the issue is.

This is a bummer cause I was hoping to get my windows tinted soon.

Guest rayms69
I think some people genuinely have a wind noise whistling/irritating sound and some are hearing wind noise. Sorry but wind is always gonna make noise when you are driving, I have a $60K with side view mirror whistlin bastard of a car when its really windy out. I think reading about it amplifies our disgust of minor things. Guess I dont believe mine has a problem, but sounds like sexy Laz does. Its extremely windy here at times so i may be used to a little extra wind noise also

^^^ Well said it becomes a self full filling proficiency. If there is a good cross wind you can always here a wind sound even on a bicycle.

I get so frustrated with autocorrect on these phones sometimes.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

So, trying to understand:

Question:

do newly delivered units still have this problem?

Picked up my brand-new '15 Legacy on 10/21 and I can hear it; I'll be talking to my dealer soon.

I put tape over the seam on the small triangle of the passenger window and indeed that worked.

...the dealer was going to check with the folkes in Indiana to see if a fix is place. No response yet, how long would take to make a phone call and get a response. over two weeks now. Does not seem to eager to get back to me after I called him three times.

Has anyone here gotten a response from the dealer?

Thanks!!

Archived