LegacyGT.com

Wind noise "buzzing" from front passenger window.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our factory order was delivered in early October and has the same wind noise problem over 35 mph, fixable with blue tape on the passenger triangle window seams. The dealer was dismissive at first, but the parts to fix it will be arriving at the dealer and should be installed in two weeks.

I talked to my dealer today. He said they are expecting a shipment of window gaskets from Japan soon, and added me to a "QMR" list for when the parts arrive.

Hopefully that's all it is. I just had my windows tinted and would hate to have the glass needing to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

I am new to this forum and glad I found it for this very reason. I got my 2015 Legacy on 11/1 and I can hear the wind noise coming from passenger's door. You can clearly hear it at about 35mph and it is driving me crazy. I have an appointment on 11/11 at the dealership so they can look at it. Will try to tape the window and see how it goes. Thanks for the information, I hope this can be fixed.

So I placed a piece of vinyl as shown in the picture. I was not very precise or elegant with it but it does the job. no more wind noise. I can probably make it smaller and neater. I will try that sometime this week.

IMG_9422.thumb.jpg.dda778a58c58c263d144eda601679fe1.jpg

---

My noise is at 15+ mph. I went threw an drive in car wash yesterday and my passenger could feel the breeze coming in from the small front window. The reason there is a problem with the new 2015 model is because they just moved the side mirrors from the windows to the doors.

Maybe, but they had the same setup in the Tribeca, you would think someone would know better.

---

Laz, can you post another picture? I can't see yours very well, even when I enlarged it. Maybe could you touch exactly where you placed the vinyl? I can't tell. Thanks.

I enhanced it. Also click on it so it goes on its on window. I do vinyl decals as a side job so I have plenty of vinyl on hand.

trim.thumb.jpg.89fbcae8511224c031533b5e481bae10.jpg

---

Supposed to get my trim fixed tomorrow, got something else instead this morning.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/82229ae2c4705a7fa9041f67357e8f2c.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/019891ebf82221b10737e6cf7e93fe8f.jpg

Wow.... Hope everyone was alright. Idk where that tow truck drive for his training from but looks like he's making things worse to me. Hopefully they put dollies on the rear wheels. Can't tow an AWD car like that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Life a bitch. I feel for you. Just remember it's only a car and as long as you are fine and the other individual(s) are fine everything else can be fixed.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I told him that. His response was we do them all the time. The front end was already screwed up so I'm hoping he broke the headlights so I can get them replaced with the hid versions

Everyone was fine btw. Thanks for asking. Just a hassle. Airbags work ;). Seat ones didn't deploy but was a front left corner contact.

Guest rayms69
wow, bummer, glad everyones ok. Tow guys should know that! So that little bar is causing all the noise, i will wait for subaru to fix it

Spoke with Subaru this a few minutes ago. He said they had just released a service bulletin about the wind noise and the solution to the dealers. Said basically they are beefing up the seals on the windows. Called the dealer (Dreyer and Reinbold Subaru in Indy) who said they had worked on some Outback's with this issue but no Legacy's yet. Hopefully, they can fix it.

Archived