LegacyGT.com

Wind noise "buzzing" from front passenger window.

We are consumers. There is nobody looking out for us except ourselves. This is an empirical fact of life. If we do not hold the suppliers to even their own industry's standards, it will not be long before a Subaru becomes a Volkswagen.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never had helicopter effect with just rears down in my pickup.

PU are not as aerodynamic as a sedan, the wind is not force close to vehicle to cut through the drag.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

• 1 year later...
I just got a 2015 and I'm having this issue as well. Does anyone know of a service bulletin for the issue and resolution?

Sorry, I found it. :)

Service Bulletin # 12-176-14

Bulletin Description: This bulletin provides a service procedure to address customer concerns of a wind rushing-type sound which seems to come from the front door glass sash area. Customers may report a concern with one or both front doors. It is only necessary to address the side with the confirmed condition. The door glass sash separates the main door glass from the small partition glass on each door. The procedure involves replacement of the front door glass run channel (weatherstrip), partition glass/weatherstrip, sash and both the inner and outer door glass weatherstrips (sweeps). In addition, two pre-cut pieces of self-adhesive EPT foam, 1 piece of non-woven tape (will be cut into 3 pieces) and 1 piece of butyl (adhesive rubber) sealing material will be added in specific locations.

Information contained in any technical document found on the STIS web site should only be used as reference material for highly trained automotive technicians. Only automotive technicians have the training and the special tools/equipment to repair Subaru vehicles.

Service Bulletin # 12-176-14

I was able to notice the noise around 30-35+ MPH. My dealer performed the fix from the TSB on both sides and re-tinted. Much, much better! Wind noise is gone and the only sound is the faint drag of the rear view mirrors. The service manager told me they were a pain in the butt to replace.

Archived