LegacyGT.com

Wind noise "buzzing" from front passenger window.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a call yesterday from my dealer telling me my part to fix this issue has arrived. Spoke to the service department and they informed me that apparently it's a new glass piece for the front small window and nothing else.

Hopefully that fixes the issue but now I'm not happy because my windows are tinted which means I'll have to get that small window tinted again. Going to try and make Subaru pay for that ($30).

What has everyone else had replaced that has taken their car in for this? Did it fix the issue or not?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

I have tinted windows as well. My vinyl fix has been working great so far. I now hear a faint sound. From the driver'so side, but nothing like the right side was before. I will be adding the vinyl to the drivers side as well. I'll as for the fix later.

$30 for the little window tint is way too much.

---

I have tinted windows as well. My vinyl fix has been working great so far. I now hear a faint sound. From the driver'so side, but nothing like the right side was before. I will be adding the vinyl to the drivers side as well. I'll as for the fix later.

$30 for the little window tint is way too much.

Yeah I got the 3M Color Stable film so it was on the pricier side. Paid a lot for the tints but you get what you pay for and they actually did a really nice job compared to other places I went to. Just not gonna pay $30 for something that's pretty much Subarus fault that they should have caught in testing.

Just not gonna pay $30 for something that's pretty much Subarus fault ...

Subaru has no responsibility for any mods you have made to the car after delivery, except for any damage they might inflict.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Subaru has no responsibility for any mods you have made to the car after delivery.

My dealer said they'd pay to replace the tint if the window needed to be replaced. The fix is the trim around the window so it won't affect it at all.

My dealer said they'd pay to replace the tint if the window needed to be replaced.

A plus to your dealer for being willing to do it for good customer relations, even though they wouldn't have to.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Echoing everybody's concern here, I too can confirm wind noise from the right front passenger seat when driving 30+ MPH. It stands out from any other wind noise because this is very pronounced and has a "fluttering" sound. This is very disconcerting, considering this is my very first Subaru. I paid the car in full and I am understandably upset. My car has approximately 580 miles on it and driving it back from New Hampshire to New Jersey was a painful event. I had to drown the noise out with the radio. Yesterday, I took the car finally to my local Subaru maintenance and he isolated the noise. It's from the right front passenger side "delta" window relating to the rubber seals. He had to use black electrical tape to temporarily remove the noise. Pretty ridiculous... $34K in, and black tape needed to make the car drivable. This is very embarrassing and unacceptable. Everyone here needs to call the Subaru Corporate customer service number 1-800-782-2783 and give your VIN and describe the issue. They called me back the next day and according to the representative I spoke to yesterday, Subaru is aware of this issue and logging complaints.

After the temporary fix from the tech, the sound is no more. This is temporary and SOA is purportedly working on the issue.

I am taking mine in tomorrow at Mastro Subaru and let them take a look. What the service manager told me they have fixed without any new parts. I was told they take the door panel off and adjust something near the regulator and reposition something on the passenger side. He said it has resolved the issue. Oh well we'll see.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Service told me today its a new seal/trim around the abortion window

I wish we could get an answer as to what exactly is being replaced. My dealer is replacing the glass on the 25th. They told me nothing about the seal/trim being replaced (I asked and they said just the glass).

Guest rayms69
Service told me for time being they were using black silicon in the gap of the trim piece of abortion window, the glass would make no difference

Well if they are using silicone to fill a gap I would assume that perhaps the glass used wasn't thick enough?

Maybe the glass they are using to replace mine with is thicker than the original glass therefor tightening the seal?

Archived