LegacyGT.com

Wind noise "buzzing" from front passenger window.

To those who asked, yes, I do have the noise present in my car. OK - when I call for the oil change appointment, I will ask them to order the part/seal. I should expect to pay nothing, as it's under warranty, correct?

Correct if the tech can back your concern they will order it for you. FYI tell them it's both sides otherwise they will only order one kit for one side basically the side you say is effected.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted today (5 Dec 2014) on the Subaru Technical Information web site:

Service Bulletin # 12-176-14

Bulletin Description: This bulletin provides a service procedure to address customer concerns of a wind rushing-type sound which seems to come from the front door glass sash area. Customers may report a concern with one or both front doors. It is only necessary to address the side with the confirmed condition. The door glass sash separates the main door glass from the small partition glass on each door. The procedure involves replacement of the front door glass run channel (weatherstrip), partition glass/weatherstrip, sash and both the inner and outer door glass weatherstrips (sweeps). In addition, two pre-cut pieces of self-adhesive EPT foam, 1 piece of non-woven tape (will be cut into 3 pieces) and 1 piece of butyl (adhesive rubber) sealing material will be added in specific locations.

Information contained in any technical document found on the STIS web site should only be used as reference material for highly trained automotive technicians. Only automotive technicians have the training and the special tools/equipment to repair Subaru vehicles.

12-176-14

COUNTERMEASURE IN PRODUCTION

Countermeasures were incorporated into production on October 10, 2014 starting with the following

VINs: F3028031 (LEGACY) and F3243546 (OUTBACK)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
I just broke 1000 miles on my first Legacy. I didn't have any wind issues but all of a sudden I started hearing noise from my door seals on both doors and not the small window. Has anyone had issues with their door seals?

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year!

Just found this site...Thank You. I bought a new 2015 Legacy 3.6 on 12/18, made in Nov 2014, and noticed the wind noise right away. The day of my test drive it was raining so couldn't tell - note to self, never test drive when it's raining!

Being my 1st Subaru I thought maybe this is how the car is....WOW...been driving me crazy. Driver and Pass side....searched for the issue and found you guys...thanks for posting all the info. Calling the dealer tomorrow.

I have another issue I cant seem to find anything on....Electronic issue.

Last night, I got a phone call, upon ending the call hitting the steering wheel button, the STEREO button on the Steering wheel wouldn't work nor would the touch screen...it was frozen. I had to stop and turn the car off, then it seemed back to normal kind of except now the start of the preprogramed stations display is not at '1' it's further down...BLAH! New car headaches....Wasn't expecting any of this but oh well...nothing is perfect....lol

Happy New Year!

Just found this site...Thank You. I bought a new 2015 Legacy 3.6 on 12/18, made in Nov 2014, and noticed the wind noise right away. The day of my test drive it was raining so couldn't tell - note to self, never test drive when it's raining!

Being my 1st Subaru I thought maybe this is how the car is....WOW...been driving me crazy. Driver and Pass side....searched for the issue and found you guys...thanks for posting all the info. Calling the dealer tomorrow.

I have another issue I cant seem to find anything on....Electronic issue.

Last night, I got a phone call, upon ending the call hitting the steering wheel button, the STEREO button on the Steering wheel wouldn't work nor would the touch screen...it was frozen. I had to stop and turn the car off, then it seemed back to normal kind of except now the start of the preprogramed stations display is not at '1' it's further down...BLAH! New car headaches....Wasn't expecting any of this but oh well...nothing is perfect....lol

I too is new to the forum. I don't have the new Legacy but came from the 3Gen Lexus forums. Test drove the new legacy and that is one of the main reason I didn't purchase, wind noise coming from the A and B pillars, it was driving me insane going 50-65 mph. That's is one of things I look for in a car, road and cabin noise.

are all legacys affected by this? I think I will be getting mine in late January or early February. Should I be worried about this? How should I know if mine is affected? Is the noise obvious?

It would only take a moment to read a prior post.:rolleyes:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5003444

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

are all legacys affected by this?

No. My new Legacy was manufactured on Nov 14 and has no significant wind noise. At all speeds (to 80 mph so far) the dominant noise is tire/road noise. My Legacy is the quietest car I've ever owned.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Odd I got mine in November and when we were doing the inspection I asked about this issue and was told that they knew and had already fixed it, but according to these other posts YMMV.

Personally I would ask the dealer up front. Make them put it in writing that it has been fixed or will be fixed.

I just returned from my dealer about this issue....they ordered 4 kits to fix every door. The mechanic road tested with me and couldn't believe the noise. Even though my VIN is supposedly one that was fixed at the factory, right on the cusp, clearly it wasn't.

My advice if you're having this issue, get to the dealer! Good Luck, I'll post after the fix.

I just returned from my dealer about this issue....they ordered 4 kits to fix every door. The mechanic road tested with me and couldn't believe the noise. Even though my VIN is supposedly one that was fixed at the factory, right on the cusp, clearly it wasn't.

My advice if you're having this issue, get to the dealer! Good Luck, I'll post after the fix.

What is your manufactured date?

I'd like to go to your Subaru mechanic in CT. Would you be so kind to let me know which one? Hudson Subaru in NJ is absolutely horrible. They've known this issue for months and have yet to inform me of anything.

Thanks

I'd like to go to your Subaru mechanic in CT. Would you be so kind to let me know which one? Hudson Subaru in NJ is absolutely horrible. They've known this issue for months and have yet to inform me of anything.

Thanks

Hi - Sorry to hear about your issue. What exactly is the issue?

There's nothing worse than a dealer not taking the time to help. Have you attempted to locate another more competent local dealer in your area? I recommend searching google or yelp for reviews...there must be another dealer local to you. Driving from NJ to CT is a bit much (3-4 hours) and would require several trips to confirm the issue, likely order parts, and then fix assuming they can replicate it. CT is small and there's 4 dealers within 45 minutes from me so I would assume you have other options...

Dealers get reimbursed by Subaru for warranty work so they should be open to checking it out for you. You can always send them Subaru's TSB webpage which someone there should be reviewing. :)

http://techinfo.subaru.com/static/whatsNew.html

Archived