LegacyGT.com

Why is our control arm anchored by a big squishy tennis ball?

RobY

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The powerflex pieces are for a WRX, not sure if they are the same. It will be a powerflex part added to their inventory. Since we are a North / South American distributor for them, we are constantly helping out with new applications as the requests come in.

Never heard of Fulcrum ... if there is a perfect option already available, why is this thread here? I will check it out.

-mark

The powerflex pieces are for a WRX, not sure if they are the same. It will be a powerflex part added to their inventory. Since we are a North / South American distributor for them, we are constantly helping out with new applications as the requests come in.

Never heard of Fulcrum ... if there is a perfect option already available, why is this thread here? I will check it out.

-mark

I was somehow confusing powerflex and superpro. Since they are different companies my question makes no sense. :lol:

This thread is here because it was created before there was a good option and then was bumped after the good option was found and installed.

Hey HIFI!

was the kit you installed a WRX application that fits the legacy or a leg-gt specific kit? I did not see an application listed as a Leg-gt kit on the web site.

I am going to take a chance on this kit though:) . It looks good and your review is quite positive.

RJO

Hey HIFI!

was the kit you installed a WRX application that fits the legacy or a leg-gt specific kit? I did not see an application listed as a Leg-gt kit on the web site.

I am going to take a chance on this kit though:) . It looks good and your review is quite positive.

RJO

Its Legacy specific. The control arm design on the Legacy is pretty different than on the Impreza.

About an hour ago, I talked with Zach at Global Performance Parts, who told me that they can get the kit for $126 within 3 weeks. Now I need to decide which one I want. I think 2803 corresponds to the Perrin PSRS that I currently have.

Does this mean that they are special order, and it will take 3 weeks, or that in 3 weeks they will be carried and ready to order on the website?

I am hoping that this will get rid of the steering wheel wander on steady state corners (like on ramps)...

Does this mean that they are special order, and it will take 3 weeks, or that in 3 weeks they will be carried and ready to order on the website?

I am hoping that this will get rid of the steering wheel wander on steady state corners (like on ramps)...

Yes, that's exactly what this bush kit will do - the OEM bush is so soft that the LCA walks around. Even over bumps, the LCA movement is enough to cause the steering wheel to wiggle a little.

Now, the steering wheel remains steady under all scenarios & you actually get some turn-in weight for good measure.

I've now done 4,000km on these bushes & am totally stoked with the outcome. Can't wait for some of you guys to fit 'em & provide U.S.-based feedback too.

Yes, that's exactly what this bush kit will do - the OEM bush is so soft that the LCA walks around. Even over bumps, the LCA movement is enough to cause the steering wheel to wiggle a little.

Now, the steering wheel remains steady under all scenarios & you actually get some turn-in weight for good measure.

I've now done 4,000km on these bushes & am totally stoked with the outcome. Can't wait for some of you guys to fit 'em & provide U.S.-based feedback too.

Not to bug you but, can you post a picture of how your tires sit. Also let use know which one is offset. Thanks

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Ok - I pulled my finger out & took a photo:

http://photos.all.id.au/ALBUMS/SJ_Fulcrum-LCA-bushes/IMG_0210.sized.jpg

For a larger image, click here.

Oh - and here's another gratuitous image of the LCA bush http://www.carandimage.com/forums/images/smilies/3applausi.gif

http://photos.all.id.au/ALBUMS/SJ_Fulcrum-LCA-bushes/IMG_0216.sized.jpg

Ok - I pulled my finger out & took a photo:

http://photos.all.id.au/ALBUMS/SJ_Fulcrum-LCA-bushes/IMG_0210.sized.jpg

For a larger image, click here.

Oh - and here's another gratuitous image of the LCA bush http://www.carandimage.com/forums/images/smilies/3applausi.gif

http://photos.all.id.au/ALBUMS/SJ_Fulcrum-LCA-bushes/IMG_0216.sized.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. You said before I think that one side is offset and the other is standard. Which side is this. Or are they both the same.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Thanks for the pictures. You said before I think that one side is offset and the other is standard. Which side is this. Or are they both the same.

His previous comment:

Sorry itsme - I'll try & get this done tonight.

Both wheels are now further forward, with the left one more than the right.

Reguading this squishy bushing, Ive just replaced them with the Perrin PSRS bushings and the difference is like night and day. The PSRS is probably the hardest replaement for that bushing that exists and you can feel the increased NVH. The replacement ruber/silicone bushing that is being discussed here is probably the best of both worlds and the right choice for most people here. But reguardless of which replacement you get, THAT SQUISHY STOCK BUSHING MUST BE REPLACED. The extra firmness and caster you get makes the steering as quick as lightning. Its really amazing how big the difference is. The front end moves so quick and precise now, and you feel more confident the the car will turn in the way you want it to. This upgrade is a must.

Reguading this squishy bushing, Ive just replaced them with the Perrin PSRS bushings and the difference is like night and day. The PSRS is probably the hardest replaement for that bushing that exists and you can feel the increased NVH. The replacement ruber/silicone bushing that is being discussed here is probably the best of both worlds and the right choice for most people here. But reguardless of which replacement you get, THAT SQUISHY STOCK BUSHING MUST BE REPLACED. The extra firmness and caster you get makes the steering as quick as lightning. Its really amazing how big the difference is. The front end moves so quick and precise now, and you feel more confident the the car will turn in the way you want it to. This upgrade is a must.

By any chance are you offering test drives with your newfound steering sensation? :icon_mrgr

Archived