LegacyGT.com

Why is our control arm anchored by a big squishy tennis ball?

RobY

I can help here guys, if you are not aware, we have a very good relationship with POWERFLEX bushings. THey make all of our stuff for the lateral links, endlinks, shifter bushes, etc ... If you do not have a solution shortly, I can help out and get a new product out on the market.

If you want, you can replace the entire link assembly with these trick pieces (GB is currently going on with out too much success)

-mark

745942415_LegacyLinkKit.thumb.jpg.a410b5294ac1928829ab05525f5feeca.jpg

1060284308_LegacyLinkKit2.thumb.jpg.b3dd4f26281ebb5ea1ad1e97e0b0a4e3.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I think those lateral links + new aluminum control arms with new bushings would be the 'next step' for those with competent suspensions. Get a proper alignment after you are done and really take advantage of things. :)

I can help here guys, if you are not aware, we have a very good relationship with POWERFLEX bushings. THey make all of our stuff for the lateral links, endlinks, shifter bushes, etc ... If you do not have a solution shortly, I can help out and get a new product out on the market.

If you want, you can replace the entire link assembly with these trick pieces (GB is currently going on with out too much success)

-mark

Mark,

May I suggest that your GB is not going very well because your parts are so damn expensive.

Just my opinion.....

those msi arms are a work of art

btw, if you were interested in reducing the costs of em you might want to look into a tubular steel equivalent for those not concerned with bling.

could be a good solution (tubular steel) for the front arms too compared with the oem alu units.

Was used successfully by some of the domestic suspension tuners (griggs and one other company i forget) but they used heim joints which are a bit too harsh for anything other than dedicated racers.

I could do steel, and make a part worth 150$, but I won`t.

There are many options and configurations available on the market, I do not want to get into doing something just to make a buck. If I did though, I would be able to take a long earned vacation!!!

Aluminum has many benefits over steel.

1) No welds or joins to fail, or mis-allign when manufacturing - eliminates the chances of a part not fitting - how many people of has this happen ?

2) Lighter than OEM with a rigid adjustment that will not rust and jam together. We pre-grease the entire threaded assemblies on the aluminum and stainless steel parts, nothing will ever jam unless somebody takes them apart, cleans everything off and re-assembles dry ... even then it will take a REALLY, REALLY long time, even in harsh, salty winters like we have here in montreal, or michigan, or New Hampshire, etc, etc.

3) The fact that the majority of kits on the market will only adjust toe, we can do camber with ours as well as there is adjustment on both the front and rear units. Out of curiosity, what other companies are making specific legacy GT kits (both fronts and rear)

Cheers,

-mark

^ Isnt the HKS Kansai dual lateral bars? If it is, then you can adjust camber and toe. The stock major lateral bar already does toe.. using an eccentric bolt.. it's that you are getting a major lateral adjustable bar AND a minor lateral bar. So you should be able to get camber and toe adjustments.
Keefe

So for the front bushings ... back on topic ... am I to look into this or is it not worth it? If so Patagonian, start a GB to get interest and deposits. I will determine the costs and see if we do this or not then.

-mark

Can you describe the product you would develop?

Nope, I have not even looked at it yet. All powerflex bushes though are a two piece design (like the endlinks) and use a stainless steel sleeve. I will probably do this in 2 parts though, just an OE bushing replacement, and an adjustable ALF kit that uses a bearing (like our top mounts) for motorsport guys.

No other info, I am not even looking at anything or brainstorming.

-mark

Nope, I have not even looked at it yet. All powerflex bushes though are a two piece design (like the endlinks) and use a stainless steel sleeve. I will probably do this in 2 parts though, just an OE bushing replacement, and an adjustable ALF kit that uses a bearing (like our top mounts) for motorsport guys.

-mark

I'd be up for an OE bushing replacement (if the price is close to the existing product).

-mark

So if you made an OE bushing replacement how would it be different than the part that powerflex already has designed and manufactured?

Good luck with that, MSI. The LCA bush needs to move in an additional plane to those used in your rear suspension links. Totally different design, I'm afraid.

Why not just copy the Fulcrum ones? Sounds like a plan :icon_mad:

Guys - Fulcrum already have a product on the market that has been thoroughly thought through & extensively tested. They have the runs on the board. They are less than USD$150.

What are you waiting for? :icon_conf

Archived