LegacyGT.com

Water in Passenger Footwell

jdanhires

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I installed my RBS lip last night and I noticed (while working on the passenger side undercarriage) that a little 4" rubber tube/straw looking thing fell out. Is this the condenser drain tube?? And if so..where does it go? and will i have draining issues if it is not attached?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/drainplugs.jpg

don't know if this helps...but see if there is a tube in the diagram above that might correspond to the one you have dangling.

my dealership had my car for 5 days, re-sealed the windshield - even though they were not sure this is where the water was coming from...and i haven't had any hard rains to be sure it's fixed:(

Thanks...I looked through vacation pics and no luck. It was really odd..the tube was just sitting on top of the under carraige plastic unsecured, so when I removed the plastic it sorta of rolled out. It was sitting near where the intake resonator used to be..maybe it came loose when I removed the resonator 5 months ago.

The good news is no water in the passanger footwell.

^that of course it the most important thing!!

I did not remember any specific hoses that would have come undone from the silencer delete, but it might be a good idea to check the clamps on the side of the airbox for the original tubes/wiring...and see what you come up with.

good luck

Thanks...I looked through vacation pics and no luck. It was really odd..the tube was just sitting on top of the under carraige plastic unsecured, so when I removed the plastic it sorta of rolled out. It was sitting near where the intake resonator used to be..maybe it came loose when I removed the resonator 5 months ago.

The good news is no water in the passanger footwell.

Here is a pic of the tube in question.. Any ideas?

1538533360_CIMG1555(Large).thumb.JPG.00bd557c0c2246fca166f23396de9675.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This problem just happened to me last week...well i noticed it Thursday night (3 nights ago) but I'm sure it has been going on for a while. I've been noticing a strange smell in my car for the past two weeks. Anyway, my entire floor was soaked through the floor mat, carpet, and padding below. I tore it apart today...to at least dry it out, and found water everywhere, even some rust. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to have them finish up fixing my problem. I checked the drain tube and it seems clear. When i turn the a/c on, water drips out of it. I didn't feel like leaving the a/c for an extended period of time to see where the leak is, at this point I'd rather have the dealer deal with it. Hopefully this is all under warranty, i have an 05 with about 48k miles on it.

Also, my car does not have a drain plug to pull in the floor. There's a spot where it looks like one could have been, but no hole was cut out to put a plug in.

Dealer "fixed" the problem last Monday or Tuesday, by blowing out the "clogged" drain hose. So i took my car back, used the a/c for a couple days and then decided to pull back the carpet and check things out. Water again...so as of this morning my car is back at the dealer and they're digging deeper. Hopefully they fix it this time, if it needs to go back a 3rd time I'm going to be a bit unhappy.

well i just got a call from my dealer, they don't know whats wrong with it and will need to take things apart and dig deeper...but thats not covered under warranty so i would be paying hourly for them to not solve the problem. Looks like I'll be taking more things apart in the driveway this weekend.

This is the drain hose from the condenser for the ac located in the dash behind the radio. were you behind the radio for anything...it happened to me after I installed my harmon kardon back there on the passenger side of the dash opening. it is just a hose that came off the drain outlet. the dealership had it on in 5 minutes. dont run the defroster or ac until you get it fixed up if you can help it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived