LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Headlights

I found this mystery connector in the box with the headlights and no instructions. Any guesses where it could fit and what that has to do with the headlights?

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2060&pictureid=9835http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2060&pictureid=9836

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2060&pictureid=9837

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
exactly since when you buy eagle eye you are basically getting anzo for less money. i had 2 sets of taillights on my last car made by "eagle eye" and did some digging to find out they are owned/made by anzo and branded as such

Got a dilemma guys. Built this instead of getting headlights with last months petty cash and selling off some stuff

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/09/ca03097e5df2f9826247ef585f1912d8.jpg

Now, either get lights at end of this month or buy 1000 rnds of ammo? Damn life decisions??

Got a dilemma guys. Built this instead of getting headlights with last months petty cash and selling off some stuff

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/09/ca03097e5df2f9826247ef585f1912d8.jpg

Now, either get lights at end of this month or buy 1000 rnds of ammo? Damn life decisions??

Sadly, those are now illegal to purchase in NY unless you're a LEO. Definitely get the ammo, though; those headlamps will probably remain the same price (or even drop), the ammo will just keep getting more expensive.

^You could always buy the ammo, attempt your own blackout on the current lights over a weekend and if they don't turn out, blast the hell out of them with your new acquisition and explain that some chrome-monger stole the headlights right out of your car and you now need to get replacements.

Well, will find out this answer very soon. Just placed an online order and it went through. The best part is, I have some money left over as I found a great price so u bars in the near future, woot woot. I solved my own dilemma.

Well, will find out this answer very soon. Just placed an online order and it went through. The best part is, I have some money left over as I found a great price so u bars in the near future, woot woot. I solved my own dilemma.

We can't order ammo online in NY anymore either. :mad:

seeing Colorado turning into Colofornia makes me sick. Hating these new gun laws :mad:. But back on topic, I'm excited to hear that you will be getting these in the near future. :)

Yes, there is another thread for this conversation lol! No more gun talk here :(

OK, back on topic. Messed around with the wiring a bit today. For those who get the Eagle Eyes headlights here is a quick guide to the wiring (could be the same for Anzo's). These are the wires on the plug with the headlights, not on the vehicle side:

Yellow: Turn Signal

Red: Parking Lights (Ubars)

Blue: Low Beams

White: High Beams

There is a set of ground wires run next to each of the colored wires which pair up for a total of 8 connections. The black rectangles are wired to the turn signals. Most likely to increase impedance so the flashing occurs at normal rate since the signals are LEDs.

I was able to use the resistor plug for the DRLs to trigger a relay. I ran separate power/ground to energize the Ubars as DRLs. This disables them as parking lights though. Now to wire up another relay so they energize both as DRLs and Parking Lights.

Question: What kind of connect is the one for the DRLs that you unhook to disable them? I'd like to order up a set so I can connect directly rather than my hacked up method.

• 1 year later...

Okay, long ago thread, but my headlights are foggy and have condensation on the inside. Going to replace, and figure I will get the eagle eye "Ubar" ebay headlights. I understand that they are plug and play and the U lights up with the DLR.

Any long-term reviews for people that replaced using these years ago?

Installed these back in October 2014 and so far so good. Mine did not light up as DRLs since the DRLs are just the normal, dimmed down, headlights. They will only come on as parking lights if you go with plug and play. I had to wire up relays so they would power on as either DRLs or parking lights. Not sure if others had different wiring experience.

No fogging, or burned out LEDs yet, so as headlights they have worked just fine.

:redface: No, I just didn't check my DRLs at the right time when I originally posted this. I was educated that, at least for the GTs, the DRLs do not come on when the car is running and the parking brake is engaged. The car must be running but the parking brake cannot be on. After learning this, I chocked the wheels and checked again to find that they were indeed lit.

Now I've disabled my DRLs entirely and rewired so my fogs are now turned on whenever the car is running. The U-bars will now turn on only when I have my parking lights, low beams, or high beams on.

I forgot that post was still out there making me look stupid!

Thanks Rick. I was confused by this post - It sounded like the Ubars "were indeed lit" when the DRLs were on. I obviously misunderstood.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding again. I was installing the eagle eye as 'normal' headlights, not converted to LED's or HIDS. does that change how the Ubars act?

Sorry for confusion. When you plug the headlights into the stock wiring harness, the Ubars only function as parking lights. They come on only when you switch on parking lights, low beams and high beams. Basically, when you are running around in the daytime, (assuming your headlights are on auto) the Ubars will not be lit unless you intentionally flip on your parking lights.

The LEDs I am mentioned are in the turn signals that run underneath the headlight in a strip (about 10 lights in each headlight).

In my October 2014 post, i listed out the wiring assignments on the headlight side (here they are again):

Yellow: Turn Signal

Red: Parking Lights (Ubars)

Blue: Low Beams

White: High Beams

Again, you see there is no wire coming from the vehicle assigned to the DRLs(there would need to be a 5th wire for this).

To get the Ubars to light up as you see in most vehicles, i used two relays to send a signal for the parking light or the DRLs. I removed the resistor for the DRLs and ran a wire to the open connector to switch the relay for the DRLs and the parking light wire from the existing headlight wiring harness.

Hopefully this is less confusing :confused:

Archived