LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Headlights

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been a long time since anyone has posted here, but I figure I'll give this a shot. I am debating between the eagle eyes and the anzo ubar and wanted to hear from everyone that had purchased either one. It's been a few years, has anyone had issues with either of those? Any reason to spend the extra $ to get the anzo? I have a 2011 3.6R so I am guessing it's the same product for those of you that got them for your 2010s.

Yes the 2010 will fit the 2011 and all of the lights are the same. Eagle eyes and anzo are the same company. The lights are identical aside from price

Thanks, that's kinda what I gathered from everything here. It's just crazy to think that's actually the case, lol. I was moreso kinda curious if both of them were still holding up well for people since it had been a while. Anyway, I'm committed now. Ordered the eagle eyes with the HIDs built in from pro tuning lab. Then it's on to a new grill once I get those put in.

I love mine. Get a lot of compliments on them. Good call in the HID's. The halogens just don't look right with them. The only thing with the install I found was you gotta bend the part above the passenger side up a bit to clear the dust cap. I didn't really understand why it's only this side but worked. I had trouble getting my passenger side adjustment to the same height at first. A_A_ron mentioned this to me.

Also, when you get the package, the tabs for the top are hidden in there somewhere. I didn't know this right away. I thought they just didn't come with them for some weird reason. Good luck with install.

Czd0n24.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered the cheap ubars from ebay, and LED bulbs to swap in.

I open up the High beam cap and see an odd connector. Unplug it to find a single spade terminal on the back of the bulb... Pull the bulb out, and its a little tiny thing! I notice in the housing plastic below the cap it says "H1". Our cars have 9005's (H10) stock. I looked up the ebay page to confirm, and it still says "high beam: 9005 (included)". The bulb hole is no where near big enough to fit a 9005 or similar bulb.

Anyone else ever see this? Definitely sending an email to the seller to see what is what.

I recently ordered the cheap ubars from ebay, and LED bulbs to swap in.

I open up the High beam cap and see an odd connector. Unplug it to find a single spade terminal on the back of the bulb... Pull the bulb out, and its a little tiny thing! I notice in the housing plastic below the cap it says "H1". Our cars have 9005's (H10) stock. I looked up the ebay page to confirm, and it still says "high beam: 9005 (included)". The bulb hole is no where near big enough to fit a 9005 or similar bulb.

Anyone else ever see this? Definitely sending an email to the seller to see what is what.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/city-lights-138077.html

I should clarify the problem isn't with the bulbs - I ordered the correct ones for the car from vleds.

The issue is with the headlight assembly itself - the high beam socket only accepts an H1, instead of the 9005 socket that it is supposed to have.

Archived