LegacyGT.com

K&N Typhoon intake

052.5GT

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legacy Gt Dyno Numbers!!! :eek:

ANYONE? IF NOT THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS

sorry let me calm down. there is no point in getting all pissed at eachother until someone proves it with a STOCK car STOCK FILTER DYNO the damn thing. Then ADD THE F'in INTAKE AND DYNO! GIVE ME THE SHEETS!

IF anyone wants to take a collection for the Intake I will pay for the dyno time you guys pay for the intake and WE CAN SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL

jezzzzzzzz :p

P.S. Welcome LDC! This is truly a great forum! This damn issue is getting out of hand and needs to be settled

Dave

I don't think it's gonna go away too soon. otoh, the people getting upset with each other gave up a couple of pages ago. :)

I don't care. I'm trying it on my car, but I can't do before and after numbers. it is a piece of cake to install, except you need a 3mm allen wrench, which some people might not have.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

WOW that is crazy. The intake gave you 17WHP and 12 WTQ????

From the curve did the intake make you lose low end TQ though? Did the intake make the curve dip under the previous tunes TQ curve?

Wooo that just sold me

I didn't lose anything on the bottom end, picked up a significant bit on the top end.

I'm getting married in a couple days, but after everything simmers down I'll have my shop superimpose one run over the other and you guys can have a peek.

I still don't think intakes do much without a custom tune, and they're potentially harmful with a Cobb AP, but they definitely add power.

If I were going to do it again, I'd have put a DP on first with my UP, though, before putting the intake on.

well that settles it for me though. When I am ready to go get pro tuned I am picking up an intake right before. At Stage II UP DP the gains should be even more drastic!

Thanks for posting man! At least we all know they are very helpful with a protune

Who did your tune? Scott Siegel at Subaru of Gwinnett did my Ecutek on my STI and will do my future tuning on my wife's LGT. He's great!

I didn't lose anything on the bottom end, picked up a significant bit on the top end.

I'm getting married in a couple days, but after everything simmers down I'll have my shop superimpose one run over the other and you guys can have a peek.

I still don't think intakes do much without a custom tune, and they're potentially harmful with a Cobb AP, but they definitely add power.

If I were going to do it again, I'd have put a DP on first with my UP, though, before putting the intake on.

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

Who did your tune? Scott Siegel at Subaru of Gwinnett did my Ecutek on my STI and will do my future tuning on my wife's LGT. He's great!

Doug at TopSpeed did all my tuning. I've met Scott at a couple of nasioc meets, seems like a nice upstanding citizen.

Malfeas99,

Yea, Scott is great. Him and Doug are friends and confir each other on tunes often. You wont go wrong either way. What are your mods?

Malfeas99,

Yea, Scott is great. Him and Doug are friends and confir each other on tunes often. You wont go wrong either way. What are your mods?

Helix Uppipe, Perrin short ram, Kartboy STS and bushings. I have ion springs on the way, and a crucial DP on order. Tuned with Ecutek. :D

I hope to do a STI up, PDE or Cobb DP, and an Ecutek tune. Just looking for a little more pep. My STI is my fun car.

Where can I get the best deal on one of these K&N? Everywhere I look, they are going for about $230 or more. I think ebay has it for the cheapest right now.

Can anyone lead me to a good site to get a good deal?

You are getting a good deal at $230. If you buy off of Ebay, watch the shipping costs. That usually puts the cost higher thant if you went to a local shop. :cool:

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

You are getting a good deal at $230. If you buy off of Ebay, watch the shipping costs. That usually puts the cost higher thant if you went to a local shop. :cool:

I think that is with the shipping costs included. I'm pretty sure he bought his intake from the same ebay seller I bought mine from.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

GTsleeper,

Don't worry too much about your "sleeper factor" - this type of intake will make your car sound much more aggressive in-cabin than it will if you're actually "outside" the car.

Unless, of course, you're in a closed environment (i.e. dyno booth)! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

To all who installed a K & N Typhoon, let me ask you this: Did you leave the trim seal off, or did you install it around the edge of the Heatshield?

The reason I ask is, it seems to me that with the rubber trim seal installed, you get much less air flow to the filter. I did a test drive without the Trim Seal installed, and it seemed a little faster to me. The downside is the engine noise is a little louder without the Trim Seal on. Next I installed the trim seal back onto the Heatshield and it was a little less noisy, but seemed to lose a little punch.

All in all, installed or not (Trim Seal), the K & N Typhoon definitely adds some HP to the Legacy's motor. It feels more responsive, and there is less Lag off the line. It isn't a night and day difference or anything, but it is a NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENT!:D

The downside is the K & N is loud.....No, listen to me, I MEAN IT IS LOUD! I'm not kidding.:rolleyes: Trust me it is louder than you think.:cool: Quiet Stealth mode will be gone forever with one of these installed.:( If you are worried about noise, then the Cobb Stage 1 W/ accessport would be a much better option to go with. ;)

On a personal note, I like the K & N, The results were convincing, and hearing your "air release Valve" for the first time rocks (notice I did not call it a Blow off valve because it really isn't).

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

To all who installed a K & N Typhoon, let me ask you this: Did you leave the trim seal off, or did you install it around the edge of the Heatshield?

The reason I ask is, it seems to me that with the rubber trim seal installed, you get much less air flow to the filter. I did a test drive without the Trim Seal installed, and it seemed a little faster to me. The downside is the engine noise is a little louder without the Trim Seal on. Next I installed the trim seal back onto the Heatshield and it was a little less noisy, but seemed to lose a little punch.

The seal should have no affect on air flow. It is there to seal out any heat that may get sucked in. ;)

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Hey if anyone is interested I have a very, very lightly used K&N Typhoon in crinkle red for sale personally (me, not Crucial). I was going to do some extensive, un-biased testing to see if I could make power out of it with the help of Ed of EQ Tuning but unfortunately it didn't fit my car. All of my wiring is custom, and there wasn't enough slack in my MAF wires :(.... first and only swap glitch I have ever had!

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/uploads/post-24-1124357391.jpg

$185 shipped, por favor.

Jeremy

btw -- I moved and that's no longer my carpet anymore, thankfully :lol:

Archived