LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim - I've sent about 3-4 guys your way already :)

Fredrik - A little teaser (especially the highlighted part).

This is a list of the extended SSM parameters defined for our ECUs... its likely not the full list of supported ones,

but check out the little gem that actually shows up and has a memory address in the H6/EZ36D ECU, even as just a logging parameter :)

Out of interest, you can rear through the other fields and what they represent.

I bet the actual ECU table definitions would expose some MT-specific tables, proving the ECU is ready to work with one.

1.thumb.jpg.4d78b3e278ecdec261603ff30256bcf9.jpg

Capture2.thumb.JPG.8482a304fc40992ee25b065878fd0e27.JPG

Edited by Perscitus

Our engines might be from 2008, but our transmission seem to be from 2001-2002!

Nissan and Subaru have been known to share parts over the years (see the 2015 Legacy vs 2015 Altima), but after doing some research it appears that our 3.6R uses the same transmission as a 2003 infiniti FX45/M45

3.6R - 1st gear 3.540, 2nd 2.264, 3rd 1.471, 4th 1.000, 5th 0.834, final 3.083

FX45/M45 - 1st gear 3.540, 2nd 2.264, 3rd 1.471, 4th 1.000, 5th 0.834, final 3.69FX (3.133M)

Obviously the final drive ratio's are different, and the difference in final ratios on the Infiniti's make me think the final drive is not integrated into the transmission, but this sheds light at what our transmissions were designed to handle.

The FX45/M45 has a stat line of 315/329(FX) 340/333(M), which is similiar to what ours reach after the headers & tune.

Edited by Golferdude1087

Perscitus, I wonder if there is any way for Rob to program the ecu for a 6mt.

Do you know if the 2.5gt and 3.6r use the same ecu with the difference being software and what gets plugged or hard wired into it?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Our engines might be from 2008, but our transmission seem to be from 2001-2002! Nissan and Subaru have been known to share parts over the years (see the 2015 Legacy vs 2015 Altima), but after doing some research it appears that our 3.6R uses the same transmission as a 2003 infiniti FX45/M45 3.6R - 1st gear 3.540, 2nd 2.264, 3rd 1.471, 4th 1.000, 5th 0.834, final 3.083

FX45/M45 - 1st gear 3.540, 2nd 2.264, 3rd 1.471, 4th 1.000, 5th 0.834, final 3.69FX (3.133M) The FX45/M45 has a stat line of 315/329(FX) 340/333(M), which is similiar to what ours reach after the headers & tune.

This is an awesome find! Yes, the 5EAT we have in the 5th gen can handle 330ftlbf easy. In fact it should be good for 400ftlbf+ too (see ItalianLegacy :))

I've noticed the same with the Nissan/Subaru sourcing of JATCO transmissions and intake manifolds, etc. For example, some of the basic CVTs are the same. The Lineatronic/HT-CVT in the 2015 WRX/JDM WRX S4/Levorq and 5th gen JDM Legacy DIT are also JATCO parts... from their top shelf. I don't think Nissan is using them yet, but they likely will with the new Muranos (already out) and Maximas (soon) as well as probably Infiniti Q60 Coupe, etc. Might even need a beefed up version to handle the 400-450 HP/TQ output from the rumored 3.0L DI Turbo that's supposed to go into the Q60 Coupe.

Perscitus, I wonder if there is any way for Rob to program the ecu for a 6mt. Do you know if the 2.5gt and 3.6r use the same ecu with the difference being software and what gets plugged or hard wired into it?
Great question. We can both check with Rob (you via email, I when I go up next week). I doubt the ECU is the same (or even similar) but the parameters and tables appear to be there in the 3.6R.

BTW, here are some extended SSM params I recently configured to view/log. I also took a screenshot of a 'knock' snapshot from BtSsm.

Nothing to worry about at all, -0.4 degrees pulled in one load cell with the most optimal/aggressive global IAM of 1.0. Just cool to see how the app captures whatever you're logging in the snapshots.

Awesome awesome piece of info for tuners of any Subaru boxer - NA or FI.

Screenshot_2015-03-20-12-54-47_resized.thumb.png.3b6451b9f8f64153f81c3f42cc8e2a47.png

Screenshot_2015-03-18-21-05-46_resized.thumb.png.f4041d8a93034a7b7084d7268a9f85e9.png

Screenshot_2015-03-18-18-36-04_resized.thumb.png.8a28a637fc17152959d8dd51edd9d116.png

Screenshot_2015-03-18-18-49-43_resized.thumb.png.3961aa0d99229dce92de46155c5cc016.png

Screenshot_2015-03-18-19-19-20_resized.thumb.png.ed7ee74436a3cd1a6582dad5b34fbd7c.png

Screenshot_2015-03-18-21-38-14_resized.thumb.png.9b93ba3bfeaba873c12de8a9dbc4c1a7.png

Edited by Perscitus

I've done some digging and found a couple of tuned M45s from that era putting down 315hp and 370-380ft-lbf thorough the JATCO transmission.

One example:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff42/mycross3/m45black1final.jpg

http://forums.nicoclub.com/header-dyno-results-t465562.html

I've also asked td_d (on ROMRaider) to define Bank 2 injector fields for us... right now there is no control over them (explicitly):

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11076

Edited by Perscitus

Hey Perscitus, one of the big things I'm reading about the LGT's with the JATCO transmission is the fear of going past stage 1 without an upgraded transmission cooler. Has your transmission gotten significantly hotter at any point since you did the performance upgrades to the point you'd have ANY worry about reducing the life on the transmission?

I'm also thinking the M45 probably has a different one then ours as its set up to handle more power from the factory.

I didn't notice, coolant temps didn't raise so with the OEM setup routing the ATF through the radiator, if the ATF would get hotter than coolant, it would also raise the coolant temp. I did not notice this. I have an extra/aftermarket ATF cooler on now and it runs great and at least 20-40F cooler than without one.

I don't think we have to worry about it unless we go SC or ESC. At that point the first thing that's going to go is the Engine Oil temp >100C, at which point AVCS goes into limp mode until the engine oil drops back down below 100C. ItalianLegacy found out about this the hard way...

http://drive2.subaru.com/Win05_WhatsInside.htm

So would you recommend adding that to the build?

intake/exhaust/tune on a DD for DD use only no matter how hard you think you drive will be just fine without adding a transmission cooler.

If you plan on towing anything, please add a transmission cooler.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

^^^^ fark....why so difficult with technology....

Arghhh

I keep playing tag with Rob about a quote for the work. Either I catch him when he's swamped or he calls me and I miss the call. One of these days we'll both end up being free and I'll finally get the numbers and set up a date to come in and have the work done.

Similar story with me. They've been super swamped last few weeks post Tri-State thaw.

I was supposed to be up for some R&D and re-tune tomorrow (after two rain checks). Reschedule again to next week (Wed). Its going to be a Prima Aprilis joke on me I guess :)

:whore:

Waiting for a call back. I want to know if my latest logs are okay or if I need another tune.

And, I want to get started on a 96+ octane tune.

It sounds like it won't be long until you try to get a rocket fuel tune :lol:

right....

No, I just want something I can use at the track, but I would have to flash and re-flash...so it is not optimal.

Speaking of 96+ octane tune.... I will have two bottles of Boostane with me when I head up to AMR.

The first one we plan to use to develop a ~ AKI 100 octane tune for 2015 WRX Stage II. The second bottle will be to do similar for the 3.6R ~ AKI 98-100 octane tune.

Even with AKI 93 octane fuel (Shell, Exxon/Mobil) that we get here in NY, the complicated/convoluted but also details knock prevention strategy built into our ECUs PULLs some timing on a mildly aggressive AKI 93 tune, which means there is room for higher octane to take advantage from the maximum cam/ignition timing advance that Rob dialed in.

To me that explains why Fredrik saw improved performance and moarh powha during the race gas fill days.

I have asked this on the 5gen exhaust thread but this would probably be the best thread to ask. Has anyone added a 3" midpipe to a dual exhausr on the 3.6 (preferably w/o aftermarket headers)? I'm trying to figure out if the low end loss is noticeable enough to rethink going that large on the midpipe. Any info on this would be great, thanks.

I've never done it personally, however typically 3" mid on engines under 4500cc would make the low end torque less

I had a 3" AVO Catback for the GT fabbed to fit my car and think my butt dyno told me this. Then again, it is just a butt dyno.

My mid has since gone back to stock.

I had a 3" AVO Catback for the GT fabbed to fit my car and think my butt dyno told me this. Then again, it is just a butt dyno.

My mid has since gone back to stock.

Thanks. I'm hoping that the 3.6 won't be that noticeable. Im just looking to open it up and get some sound going. The slowagon already took a hit when I went from 17" to 19" wheels. Will do more research on this.

Edited by Manik1770

Yeah....I'm all over that idea :eek:.... Oh...wait a minute, I already have a 2.5i as well as my 3.6R.... nah, forget it :lol::lol:

Do you have a mt? I hear Canada gets a 6 speed 2.5. I'm wondering if that transmission can handle a supercharger or a late stage turbo.

Edited by kaopealii