LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

The cap off was on intake manifold...not the crank case.

But the pcv line was much longer than the breather line. And as you said..polr.

Long term that could mean triuble or not but would definitely mean oil on my TB.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed bump after speed bump for boomba.

First, bolt pattern was different. Okay, find a machine shop and slot it up to the correct pattern.

Second, get a new TB to reuse guts. Drill out rivets and remove cover to find I need a special allen wrench that has a slot in the middle. Okay, now I need to get that tool asap or I can not move forward.

Very frustrating and slow.

This is about as painful as my koni experiment.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Fred: http://www.harborfreight.com/100-piece-security-bit-set-68457.html

It has a hex with a hole in it if that's what you need. Otherwise not sure what you'd need. I have one of these sets in my box and it's held up pretty well.

Thanks...how much for just the bottom row? :lol:

I want to take a day from work and just get this done but I am swamped and can't do that.

I was waiting for the TB on friday. Even went to post office on saturday. It had to arrive a day late...beginning of the week with precious little time to do much with it.

Well I mean for only 10 buck, how could you go wrong with all those bits? Screw driver bits get lost all the time, it's definitely worth having... I'd almost want to buy a second one just in case. The big thing I love in that set is the 1/4" ratchet adapter... It's great for those little screws that have way more torque on them than you can comfortably get with a regular screw driver.

Well...the guts and cover from oem TB are on the boomba unit. Everything matches up and the assembly rotates perfectly. The dbw unit is an exact fit.

I really want to pull the wifes car out of the garage, pull mine in, fit it, and start it up. However, I have a 2 year old sleeping.

Overall, it is 1/2" thicker than oem front to back.

Contemplating....

Instructions specify disconnecting battery for 20 minutes. Then go to on position without starting car for 20 seconds. Then off for 20 seconds. Repeat three times to allow ecu to memorize new tps settings.

Good that I didnt barrel ahead. This will be installed on saturday. With some luck, it will start and idle.

Edited by fredrik94087

Yes, that will work for Throttle re-learn.

Disconnect negative lead

Drain any phantom charges (push the brake pedal in for 15+ seconds or even better attempt to crank the car with the battery disconnected - the starter drains any phantom charges nice and quick!)

Reconnect battery

Put the key in to position - wait ~20 seconds (you might hear the butterfly valve and/or clicks from the throttle body area as it calibrates itself).

Repeat a few times.

Cold start, let idle for a bit (say coolant temp >120F)

Shut down

Warm start, let idle for a bit (see how it holds RPMs)

Go to 1K, 1.5K, 2K, 2.5K, 3K, back to idle.

Go for a drive

Go for a drive

I am counting on getting to that part. :spin:

Last time I did this (1999 on a 1997 car), I only had to bolt it on and go. No disconnecting the battery or anything. 10 minute swap.

Edited by fredrik94087

But of course.

And that is another reason for saturday.

I want to at least log idle. If it is not driveable, i will have something to send to Rob and put the oem tb on...assuming my old laptop still runs.

I assume AMR approves so far? If this works, all boomba needs is a different back plate.

I am hesitant and optomistic at the same time...and very anxious for saturday. But I dont want to rush it.

AMR has sensed your disturbance in the Shrek force and like it.

I never heard back from AMR, but it's just as well. I wound up dumping a bunch of money into a few non-car related projects as well as my upcoming trip to Fla. Maybe come May or June I'll give some more serious thought into getting it done.

I never heard back from AMR, but it's just as well. I wound up dumping a bunch of money into a few non-car related projects as well as my upcoming trip to Fla. Maybe come May or June I'll give some more serious thought into getting it done.

I just had them retune my car. Send an email to sales at automasteramr.com

Or just call during working hours and ask for Rob.

Or just call during working hours and ask for Rob.

Getting in touch with him is not the issue, it was a ROM issue with EcuTek and my '12; Rob was looking into it for me. But like I said, I didn't really follow up because of other non-car related projects that I've been spending my money on. That's also why I haven't been too active on the forum last couple months. This winter weather hasn't exactly cooperated either.

btw can you put dates on the mods on the first page when updating so it's easy to follow ;) How's the Boomba working for you thus far?

Hey DJ.

So far I cant see any issues except the co$t of doing a custom setup like this.

I emailed bomba with an update to my post. If they end up offering a TB for the 3.6r with a 68mm opening on the back side, it would be ideal.

As far as dates, what would you like to see? Do you want dates in front of everything? Do you just want them in sequential order?

If you copy and paste an example, it would be great.

The build lists are in alphabetical order and the mods are in chronological order as I updated them once someone made a post.

The first page needs more updates. If anyone notices posts to shich I should link, please let me know.

Probably dates in front of the mods.

Also keeping mods by user would may be helpful. So all your mods separate from mods by Perscitus, or ItalianLegacy...but I'm not sure about that as it's also nice seeing what each person has done for a particular mod type. Like Intakes, Exhaust...dang we just need a good spreadsheet file that we can filter it the way we want to see it when we want to change it up :p.

But having dates in front for when you've updated page one could make it easier for new people to follow the changes that have been made. Like which Intake is the most current one people are using etc.

I will see what I can do. If you dont aee a change within a week, please bug me.

:D if you don't I might work on it myself. I'd stolen Manny's spreadsheet which I've modified with the sites where I purchased my mods. I'm not sure if the original is still active but can start working on mine and upload it somewhere when I'm back at the office tomorrow morning to include everyone's mods.

JDM and recent/current-gen STI thermostat (part # ending AA072) confirmed to fit on our cars.

Its rated ~6C lower initial opening temp than the stock EZ36D thermostat. Based on initial drives city traffic, mixed and all highway car seems to like it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4989095&postcount=14760

Coolant flush was very easy since our thermostat and drain plugs are both on the bottom, opposite sides. Thermostat housing is partially blocked by the drivers side headers but still reachable even with the Raptor parts.

While at it, we also flipped the Whiteline RSB and readjusted the end links. Clears the spare tire hump perfectly now and seems to ride better over potholes, concrete, speed bumps, sharp corners, etc. I havent noticed any adverse effects yet.

Edited by Perscitus

Okay...I really need to update the first page. Thanks perscitus.

DJ...when you update the spreadsheet, I can upload it to our first page.

Gosh weddings make car upgrades complicated.

I finally reached out to AMR about the raptor headers since I was given a definite date when I could go up north. They said there is about a 50-60 day back order on them right now. I am trying to set up a day in late July to go up there so I can get the tune, headers, midpipe, resonator, exhaust and FSB/RSB all done at once. Hopefully it all works out as planned. I will keep everyone updated.