LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

I will advise against a 110 or higher octane fuel as I don't believe they are safe enough for daily use. I haven't read far enough into it, but I can't imagine it would be a good idea.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. I think a few more full points (not the 0.1 points typically quoted on OTC octane 'boosters') over AKI91 or AKI93 is more than enough to smooth out both NA and FI Scoobies and make the ECU knock prevention strategies 'happy'.

I will try to find a balance between 0 or close to 0 learned knock correction and low enough blend over 100% pump. I wouldn't be surprised if it was only a matter of 2-5 points.

That would be ideal!

On second though...maybe not. We are all running different exhaust setups.

If they just took it to a Y and left it there, that could work. We could then fab up a flange to where we need it.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I wish someone produced a y-pipe for the 3.6R with Raptor headers rather than having to have a custom one made...

It falls back under the whole reason Fredrick started the thread. (Which I have to once again give major props to because all the information and knowledge we need is organized right here for us) There just aren't enough 3.6R's for most companies to make special parts for our vehicles.

Ask most of the people here about their exhaust setup and it was most likely originally designed for a legacy GT and then modified to fit the 3.6R. Its also why only until very recently we didn't have exhaust headers to open our cars up. In fact Raptor Superchargers might make the only 3.6R header setup!

It stinks because our engine is absolutely loaded with potential with very little work needed but since the demand isn't there, no one really put money into R&D until recently.

Sucks but hey, we are pioneers and sometimes the only way is the hard way.

It falls back under the whole reason Fredrick started the thread. (Which I have to once again give major props to because all the information and knowledge we need is organized right here for us).

:wub:

If the y-pipe was made for the Legacy GT catback and raptor headers, then it would work with any of they aftermarket catbacks.

I am having the y-pipe made for the Raptor headers and Borla Legacy GT catback on my Outback. Then I can swap to any other Legacy GT catback in the future.

If the y-pipe was made for the Legacy GT catback and raptor headers, then it would work with any of they aftermarket catbacks.

I am having the y-pipe made for the Raptor headers and Borla Legacy GT catback on my Outback. Then I can swap to any other Legacy GT catback in the future.

I am actually quite curious to see how the headers/exhaust/tune perform on an outback. We all discuss our Legacy's getting modified but rarely do we hear about the outback. With the outback heavier and higher up I want to see what kind of performance results come back.

^^^ your final drive as well. Although the gearing is the same, your tires are taller.

Well except for the fact that I am on Legacy GT struts with Swift lowering springs :)

Stock wheels and tires... but only for now. Just trying to find the right set. So it should be almost identical except for a slight weight difference.

You addressed perhaps my biggest concern with the outback with giving it more power. Our legacy's stock are very floaty and from my experience, the stock outback is even more so and doesn't feel very planted approaching or past triple digits.

I can't wait to see the results from your upgrade, that outta be fun. Talk about sleeper wagon.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/06/77f2d82814590dadbce11b7a6a1da9e8.jpg

This is it on '08 spec B wheels, but they just weren't wide enough and not the right offset. So the stocks are back on for now.

Right now it has Legacy GT struts, Swift lowering springs, Legacy rear upper control arms, and a '15 wrx/Sti 20mm rear sway bar.

I think it's felt a bit less floaty with upgraded tires and the upgraded RSB on my '13 (Since I have a 13 I already have the thick FSB) and more resistant to wind shear. The biggest difference for me was a new set of tires.

Thats why I have decided to get moving on the FSB & RSB. The prices for them are super cheap and its something I can do now before I get married and before the Mrs. has any real say in what I do to my car :-)

last year: 14.56@95.4mph 77degrees with 10-15mph headwind around 6pm.

this year with TB: 14.584@94.9mph 70 degrees with 5-10mph headwind at 4:30pm.

The comparison is not entirely apples to apples.

Last year, I ran it with the falken tires, empty trunk, and 100 octane for a few days.

Today, I ran it with Nittos (slightly wider and taller even though it is the same spec as falken), full trunk, and 100 octane on top of 1/4 tank of 91 octane just before driving up to Sonoma Raceway.

I wanted to get some more runs but the track shut down for what seemed to be over an hour and I headed home.

Here is my original 1/4 mile time for reference:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4943522&postcount=14111

Added 1/4 mile times to first page.

If you have a post where you indicated your 1/4 mile time, please send me the link and I will add it.

Has anyone who has the Raptor headers installed done a 1/4 mile time yet?

I want to see the comparison between a tuned car with intake/exhaust (in Fredrick's case the Boomba TB too) vs someone whose got a similar setup just with the raptor headers and y pipe as well.

Multiple people have said those headers make by far the biggest difference, but since the 0-60 times are similar enough I wonder what it does over a greater distance/time.

Edited by Golferdude1087

I dont believe that will be allowed at the track...as much as it is a great idea.

i can just imagine it crash into the billboard at the start/finish line at Laguna.

I should have results for my raptor headers and borla catback on my Outback sometime next week.

In the meantime, JDM roof rack deletes and 19x8.5's!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/19/661608bac03beeeb28848c034cbdfe1e.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/19/8bd9113392f0bc6e427c35de74ae028c.jpg

^^^ Those 19x8.5s look very OEM