LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you just install a new map? Or did you reset the ecu?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

The laziness should only be during the "learning" period.

Log and send back to tuner.

Coincidentally, i will be logging today. Car feels better. And today should be nice and warm for logs.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

The laziness should only be during the "learning" period.

Log and send back to tuner.

Coincidentally, i will be logging today. Car feels better. And today should be nice and warm for logs.

Whats this "nice and warm" you speak of? Here in the northeast such a thing doesn't exist anymore :(

Whats this "nice and warm" you speak of? Here in the northeast such a thing doesn't exist anymore :(

Unfortunately it was a cool 73 degrees...:p

I wanted a hotter day...90's would be ideal as I want my tune to be optimal for a hot track day.

Not sure if that makes a lot of difference or not. There is airflow, temperature, and atmospheric pressure. I don't think there is any accounting for humidity with any part of the engine management.

Correct, IAT temp is taken into account (just a bit, to tweak MAF readings based on implied air density and then more widely when the AAT and IAT delta is something like 90F-100F or more)

but humidity is not taken into account by the ECU based on any of the sensor inputs.

Once out IAT passes about 100F, timing is pulled about 1 degree globally every 10-15F.

Sooooo...what happened at AMR? :confused:

I am all ears :munch:

NVM...I thought it was today and I read your post about posponing to next week...

Moving the ECU ID vs MY conversation to this thread.

I pinged a few members with 2010 3.6Rs and faded replied that his ECU is stock.

Now I'd need to figure out how to see if its a match to mine and how we can back it up.

I also had another idea which I ran by AMR Rob.

Since we know Ecutek encrypts stock or any other exports of ECU images but does have my stock image in this encrypted form, perhaps it would be possible to work around the encryption limitation by:

1. Taking the Ecutek suite exported ROM (per car)

2. Using Ecuteks software suite to flash it back into the ECU

(here Im assuming this removes the encryption, because its a going-back-to-stock process)

3. Without running the engine, use Tactrix or another cable/tool to now pull the stock ROM off the ECU (avoiding the use of Ecuteks suite will prevent it from being encrypted).

4. Flash back the latest Ecutek tune over the stock image in the ECU.

5. Store/Submit the un-encrypted stock ROM to the ROMRaider/OpenECU forum for definition... with the main goal of just getting the logger address definitions for basic and enhanced SSM parameters so they can be reflected and logged in BtSSM - drastically expanding its features for 5th gen H6s. And also opening the door for more opensource tunes for our cars (including TCU/TCM tuning).

Edited by Perscitus

Open RomRaider Go to standard logging and click TCU. Tel me which TCU you have and I can tell you what ECU ID you have Only thing EcuTek encrypts is preventing a CAN Read/Write(which I can walk your tuner through turning off if they want to access the ROM in EcuFlash)
That would be great Tim. In fact its Rob from AMR. Can you reach out to him and explain what he'd need to do?

I know what ECU ID I have - info and image below (but I will give the TCU scan a try). The ECU is just a tad different (older) from the 2010 3.6R defined on ROMRaider.

Most of the logger addresses seem to work perfectly fine, some do not... which sent me and heiche back to the drawing board to expand SSM expanded parameters support in BtSsm for the EZ36D H6.

My 2010 USDM 3.6R ROM:

Calibration ID: DE5F200B

ECU ID: 5B2B364007

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11549

Closest 2010 USDM 3.6R ROM defined over @ ROMRaider:

Calibration ID: DE5F201B

ECU ID: 5B2B367007

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11076

Edited by Perscitus

Does anyone with access to vacation pics or just knowledge of the topic know:

a. What's the cylinder #-scheme configuration for the H6 EZ36D?

Cars101 shows the Plug firing order: 1-6-3-2-5-4, so based on that I'm thinking its most likely:

Bank 1: 1, 3, 5

Bank 2: 2, 4, 6

Instead of:

Bank 1: 1, 2, 3 or 1, 2, 3

Bank 2: 4, 5, 6 or 6, 5, 4

b. Which cylinders are part of Bank1 vs Bank2?

I'm assuming Bank1 cylinders are those that fall on the same side where Cylinder #1 is located, so perhaps this:

Bank 1: 1, 3, 5

Bank 2: 2, 4, 6

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Kostamojen/EZ36D.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Kostamojen/08tribengine.jpg

Edited by Perscitus

I cant believe we are in same tech as 2008!!!!

It is the order of cylinders from front of engine so Airbox side is Cyl 1/3/5 and battery side is 2/4/6
Thanks Tim. Matches what I thought and makes most sense in terms of layout and plug firing order.

Would you mind dropping AMR Rob a note about the ECU ROM encryption. I will be up at AMR within a week or two and we could try what you suggest to get the non-emcrypted stock ROM image out.

Hey guys , got my raptor headers installed today along with a custom y pipe, and lwcp! Rob has the stats and said he will post. I have a couple of photos that I'll upload in a bit
Great news! I've seen AMR and AutoMaster's latest labor of love and it was good. On the 7th day AMR rested.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/16/af67855addd5bed34a66f963ca56cb3c.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/16/f69e91eed23f1955b42b2e50b90bea8e.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/16/55fe0a5849b4e0756c0aa6a31ca48356.jpg

I may be able to get on the old dyno. The shop next door is working on taking it over (Borrelli Motorsports). Their shop manager tells me I may be able to use it next week. This woukd be great as I have a baseline before the Boomba TB and new tunes.

I have a second rev tune for the TB. Seems a little smoother.